Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks very nice but seriously, thats anorexic. It's so thin it reminds me of those 6 inch figures.

_1010205.jpg

_1010204.jpg

ewwww! Nasty! Bobble head and NFL shoulder pads. Oorah! :D

_1010232.jpg

I think you hit it right on the nail there. That's what's been bothering me. It looks more like a 6" figures than 1/6. The v1 does have that slim waist, thin thighs problem, but the BD further exaggerate that problem with thicker upper torso. I can overlook the reused HS since I would be posing with the mask down anyway, but a worse proportion than V1 make it a fairly easy pass at this point. I really wish HT spend the energy of R&D on the Iron Monger instead of this.

The mold can't be exactly the same for the Mark IV as there are changes in the body. Everything from the neck down has changed.

The angles for all these pictures taken are so unflattering. OMG has shown that it isn't THAT skinny.

The mold can't be exactly the same for the Mark IV as there are changes in the body. Everything from the neck down has changed.

The angles for all these pictures taken are so unflattering. OMG has shown that it isn't THAT skinny.

You can certainly fake it or hide it as you pose the figure and take a picture. I think its good to have pictures that shows the good and bad of a figure if you intend on getting one.

Those pics are a joke. Total distortion. See OMG's pics. The only way to judge this accurately is by examining it in hand. Seems some people are trying to justify not buying it because they have the V1, which I think is a great figure but let's face it, it doesn't come close to the engineering, paint apps, extras and versatility of this piece. :lol

When this was first announced there was a plethora of complaints about the V1 paint apps, too dark, not Hot Rod red. So HT paints this Hot Rod Red and people complain it's not like the V1. Too much idiocy going on here.

The big complaint last week was about the Kojun HS not being used. And I was one of them, really wanted that badass sculpt, this week not so many complaints about the replacement HS. Now it's about an anorexic look because someone posted distorted pics. :lol

Can't win with some people. We will never get a perfect Figure but for my money (and these are selling for 240 shipped on ebay) I'm not complaining. Yet. :D

Last edited:
You can certainly fake it or hide it as you pose the figure and take a picture. I think its good to have pictures that shows the good and bad of a figure if you intend on getting one.

That's very true. I thought the Koto Mark III ArtFX statue was going to be amazing judging from pictures but when I got it I was like :sick.

It's alright but I just don't feel the statue. Anyways, I'll definitely be getting the BD and hopefully when more of us have it in hand and take pictures, more people will warm up to it. It's just a shame that people who had the V1 weren't impressed with it, sold it and now they regret it because they think the BD is horrible now. I think it needs a chance. Also, that's why I don't sell anything in my collection.

Wow. Clear winner here.

Yes, clear winner, except the BD's pose isn't at all on par with v1's. Look at its left arm (our right), it looks like it's out of its socket or something. And the shoulder/trapezius area has clearly been re-engineered so that the little projectile thingies could be displayed. That is why that area looks somewhat weird.

I'm finding it hard not to get this - I know as soon as I pay for it, HT will show a teaser for Iron Man 2. Always happens.

same here, it looks killer but with part 2 not far im sure it wont be too long before hot toys gives us a peek at the new iron man. theres a post here with a sneak of 4 characters from pt2 btw.

Those pics are a joke. Total distortion. See OMG's pics. The only way to judge this accurately is by examining it in hand. Seems some people are trying to justify not buying it because they have the V1, which I think is a great figure but let's face it, it doesn't come close to the engineering, paint apps, extras and versatility of this piece. :lol

I rather save my energy and money for other things right now. :lol

now here's the kicker...

do you guys buy the 1st IM fig from the sequel? or do you wait for HT to announce an updated ver....like say....a DX ver of IM?

I spend sometimes studing both version side by side and I came up with a conclusion. If you are an IM fans and a collector, V1 is the choice seens is more movie accurate and got a bit better articulation (BD hips flare limited the legs turn sideways). On the other hand, if you are looking for the best Mk3 toy money can buy, pick the BD for it's gadgets and sexy red metalic paint.

IMG_1931.jpg

If I can only pick one myself ...... I'll go for V1 lol

IMG_1915.jpg

I also found something interesting, the silver BD paint are not hand paint but printed on. Look closer to the pics specially both arms and legs, the silver are either identical or mirror on the same parts. I can understand why HT use print instead of paint but come on, mirror damage?

Many people thing BD is slimmer than V1, the answer is yes and no. Both BD and V1 light up helm/shoulder/arms/legs are identical, chest armor and hips I'll say is about the same, the only big different between 2 version is the shape of the waist, V1 is like an up side down triangle but BD's is more like an oval shape, which make a big different on the looks. And I think this is why BD looks more like toy.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

^:lecture:lecture:lecture

Thanks OMG, that'll really healp ppl decide on which one to get. Im also waiting for Wookster's and MWC's review as well. That'll really help ppl decide. But it's funny cuz now I bet after yer review, the value of the V1 Mk.3 just went up a little lol! :lol

That's absolutely right. Was just looking at this photo comparison (not my pic)...

Mk.III left/Mk.IV right.
0cd51db7.jpg

I have a hunch Black Widow will come first.

Either way, I will not be rushing out to get the first actual IM fig from IM2.

I hope you're right :)

Although she may not be since they are trying to hide part of her costume, probably until the movie comes out.

That's absolutely right. Was just looking at this photo comparison (not my pic)...

Mk.III left/Mk.IV right.
0cd51db7.jpg

thanks for that.

i never picked up any of the IM figs cause i was waiting for the newer and improved look for IM2.

now with this pic, there are enough differences for me to pick up the BD ver of the MKIII AND still pick up the MKIV.

Back