Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

btw is it just me or is everyone else bothered by that ridiculously slim torso area? this even looks thinner than the v1 mark 3 probably because of the interchangeable chest plate.

ha? ..i had not even noticed that until you pointed it out ..i really don't care ..its making it yet more unrealistic i get that, but it kinda looks cooler 4 some strange reason..it almost looks as if it could actually now bend at the torso .. the ankle area where the flaps open bothers me much much more.

ha? ..i had not even noticed that until you pointed it out ..i really don't care ..its making it yet more unrealistic i get that, but it kinda looks cooler 4 some strange reason..it almost looks as if it could actually now bend at the torso .. the ankle area where the flaps open bothers me much much more.

I think it looks too thin, almost like as if he was wearing:

fairy-goth-mother-red-corset.jpg

I dont plan to open the gastro flappings, so Im ok with that. Although I agree with you that it looks too thin.

HT needs to invest in a bulkier iron man body.

Is it on a body or is it not just a hollow body with joints connecting the limbs? Never seen anyone destroy one thats all.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

btw is it just me or is everyone else bothered by that ridiculously slim torso area? this even looks thinner than the v1 mark 3 probably because of the interchangeable chest plate.
I tend to think they'd use the same torso as the V1 Mk3. The angle of the pic shows the leg from the side, which makes his thighs appear larger than his waist, making him look even more skinny. Sort of an optical illusion. Nothing we haven't seen before. :lol Virtually the same figure. Just Hot Toys finding a way to pack more features into it than the V1.

Is it on a body or is it not just a hollow body with joints connecting the limbs? Never seen anyone destroy one thats all.
Haven't seen one disassembled either, but it's definitely not on a body, like a tru-type with armour if that's what you mean, as we know it.

You know, assuming HT gets the proportions right for the IM2 figures, the figures from the first movie are going to look pretty odd next to the new ones. I'm worried.

Creecher, is ok!! what I try to say is the pictures from the Toyhunters store dont show any picture with Tony Stark face, is weird for me.

Well if they changed the paint on the BD Mk3, it's not going to match with the V1 either. Thems the breaks I guess.

I kind of hope they do make the IM2 figures more proportionate, depending on how Iron Man looks in the film, but they'll probably re-use as many parts as they are able to from the figures they already have out. I don't see the filmmakers making his armour less sleek and more cumbersome.

Retailers on ebay already have these in stock.

Can't wait to see some in hand pics from you Guys in Asia. From what I've seen so far the armor paint apps are superior, really nice. Still waiting to see BD prod paint apps as the HT Store display was not very good. And the legs seem to be the exact same as the V1 which was too narrow. But I guess what I'm most interested in are all the new gizmos and overall engineering of this thing.

I tend to think they'd use the same torso as the V1 Mk3. The angle of the pic shows the leg from the side, which makes his thighs appear larger than his waist, making him look even more skinny. Sort of an optical illusion. Nothing we haven't seen before. :lol Virtually the same figure. Just Hot Toys finding a way to pack more features into it than the V1.

Im guessing the torso is the same, however the chest part is different (as in wider and/or larger) than the previous mark 3, due to the clip holding the chest on, Im assuming.

Thats why this one looks even slimmer than the v1 mark 3, IMO.

Creecher, is ok!! what I try to say is the pictures from the Toyhunters store dont show any picture with Tony Stark face, is weird for me.

they dont want people throwing rotten eggs at their store fronts :lol

I don't think that we collectors on this forum like the final version more than the initial prototype version. I think it's just that most of us understand and anticipate that the final production figures will slightly deviate from the prototype. I mean, the prototypes are usually meticulously hand painted by JC Hong so it's to be expected that the final version that is mass painted by factory hands won't look exactly the same. I don't mean any offense, but it does seem like the fans over on the HK forums are a lot more obsessive over this sort of thing.

I do agree that the battle damage effects on the final version don't look quite as realistic, especially the weathering and scrapes on the edges of certain armor pieces (like the shoulders and hip joints), but it's certainly good enough, I think.

Still, when it comes to judging the quality of paint application, it's best to wait until there are good in-hand photos. It's not like judging the quality of a head sculpt.

yes, i can't wait the good-in-hand pic tomorrow

Back