Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got interested in this after the deluge of information came out, so I apologize for the probably obvious answer. Besides the cosmetic damage, is there a difference between the regular and BD besides the cosmetic differences? As in, extra/different heads, etc?

I got interested in this after the deluge of information came out, so I apologize for the probably obvious answer. Besides the cosmetic damage, is there a difference between the regular and BD besides the cosmetic differences? As in, extra/different heads, etc?
Regular had a Stark head the BD had a flip up helmet(scratched) and clean helmet
The leg flaps are designed differently.
Regular has a more maroon finish and BD has a candy apple red.

The BD has shoulder rockets, right arm shield, two removable chest pieces, exposing the chest framework, hip flares, extra flesh hand, switch for the head light is on the neck, flaps on the back has a wire mesh. Currently cheaper than the original, to boot.

Since (for now... common story I'm sure) I'm only getting one IM, I'd actually like the non-battle damaged. It's too bad the BD seems better in every way, except for the cosmetic damage.

But that exposed Stark face is such a good sculpt, I much prefer it to the entire Stark head with the normal. Hmmm, decisions.

If I can find the BD for a decent price, I might just grab it for its awesomeness, and get the Mk IV for the non-beaten up look.

Stupid question: the crushed helmet SST exclusive I'm seeing on eBay, that's JUST the helmet? It's wild that's going for over $100.

Last edited:
I saw the figure in person at the comic shop yesterday (wanted $280 for it :lol ), and I must say that the head sculpt looks quite good in person. In the pics, it doesn't do too much for me. And I love the paint job on this guy. I'm having a tough time holding off for the Mark IV. I hope it ends up being the right move.

Pull the neck out of the body and you should see a screw in the back. Be very careful as this cheap stuff strips so easily! Ones removed you can open the kid tom gain access to the batteries. You should be able to derive all this ones you have it in front of you

Hi guys, anyone else having trouble with the LED, Mine seem to be not working, Any suggestion.
there could be many reasons..
1. Dead LED.
2. Broken connector
3. Broken switch
4. Bad connections
5. Dead batterie(s)
6. Batteries at the wrong polarity.

.... taking out and inspecting the batteries (with a voltmeter) will eliminate a few of the problems listed above....

anyone have pics of a good flying/hovering pose? i just got the mechtest base and background and it is COOL!

"Inner shoulder armour" as in the retractable armour at the clavicle area? Just move the shoulder (ball joint) to the highest position. Just about 5mm increase in height is sufficient.The armour parallels (slightly above) at mid height position.

Any other of your mod input/improvement?...

Illustration to explain (Blue arrow: spring movement, Green arrow: elevated height, Red: shoulder armour)
sarmour2.jpg

anyway u could post a vid? mine is hitting the armor for the shoulder missiles.

Got my neck to work. Thanks lambo, geil and bandito :hi5: and to the mini screwdriver that comes from the mini skateboards.:yess:

anyway u could post a vid? mine is hitting the armor for the shoulder missiles.
My mode works for me... your milage may vary, you may need to make other adjustments according to your figure. It's not perfect, but it'll enables the arm more positions without the armours intefering (still does if you more the shoulders high and back)

Made some corrections to my illustration to be more accurate, the up-down movement is at a 90 degrees angle to connector to the ball joint, if HT had implimented out-in movement (at 90 degrees to the up-down) parellel to the ball joint connector it would have been perfect (but they did not).

sarmour2.jpg

Since (for now... common story I'm sure) I'm only getting one IM, I'd actually like the non-battle damaged. It's too bad the BD seems better in every way, except for the cosmetic damage.

But that exposed Stark face is such a good sculpt, I much prefer it to the entire Stark head with the normal. Hmmm, decisions.

If I can find the BD for a decent price, I might just grab it for its awesomeness, and get the Mk IV for the non-beaten up look.

Stupid question: the crushed helmet SST exclusive I'm seeing on eBay, that's JUST the helmet? It's wild that's going for over $100.

Actually, you can also get the "non-beaten up" look for the MKIII/BD. You'll just have to use the cleaner looking of the two chestplates provided. This will allow you to have a weathered look, because the cleaner chestplate also has chipped paint.

Although, you might be referring to a totally clean armor without paint chips, then that means that you would have to get the original MKIII, because the MKIV also has its paint chipped to give it a weathered look, to make it look like it has been used, and not brand new.

Back