Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably started making this figure long before seeing the film. So probably won't be any reference to Trevor at all. Has any merchandise acknowledged Trevors existence :dunno

not that i know of. All the figures waiting to be released have shown him as the mandarin. Same thing was done with the ras al ghul figures for batman begins. all those figures were of ken wantanabe. There was a Ducard figure and then much later on a reveal figure exclusive to toysrus.

The Mandarin in IM3 is like having the best sex you've ever had until your mom unexpectedly walks in the room.

If they do release him, they need to embrace the silliness of the figure. Give him beer cans, some drugs, the t-shirt he was wearing, etc. But surely it would be one of the worst sellers in the history of the company. I can't imagine more than a very small handful of collectors would want this after seeing the film.

I guess this is the risk companies take when they have to start product development before a movie comes out. Same thing happened with Batman Begins where the toy companies expected that Watanabe was actually Ra's. But it is understandable that movie producers want to keep these kinds of things under wraps. Even if all they told toy companies was, "you may want to hold off on this one. . ." that could be enough to really spoil the surprise.

have just seen the film.... FINALLY.... and echoing the sentiments of many, why in Hell would anyone want this figure, especially paying a premium price for it.

Ummmmm..... NO. Meanwhile it is looking like we will not get even a regular figure of the real villain, which is a shame. He put up a respectable fight, and a light-up torso with the tattoos would be awesome.

Nope, it's like having the best sex then the girl farts. :lol

Nothing wrong with that. It's natural, just like the twist with Trevor.

tumblr_lrh7hqNIM51qii6tmo1_500.gif

Anyone that doesn't want this figure is small in the pants.

Back