1/6 Hot Toys - MMS563 - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Since we have had the mark 6 and mark7, plus avengers cap 2.0 (sort of) I wonder how long before we get thor and black widow from avengers 1 again?

Not yet. Only this. I personally am hoping for an updated Mark 1 iron man and some more Original Trilogy Star Wars figures. They said stay tuned for the most ambitious Hot Toys? line up coming in 2020 so we shall see.

Need them to re-visit the Galactic Marines again.

Looking much better than the original, glad I'll be able to get my hands on one of these. Waiting to see what the prices are on the Chinese sites, so far I don't see it listed on them yet.

This is a pretty perfect figure. I hope they fix the box body style on the endgame version. The promos look great. But D23 version is too boxy.. anyone feel the same?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Agreed. As are the CW versions.

Yeah, My WS, AOU, and CW were all die-cast. Im fine with it being plastic as I have faith these wont flake like the original plastic ones did. If anything, they look pretty damn good in these promo pics.

Die-cast shields are just a nice touch since you?re paying these crazy prices.

Why would the material of the shield even matter? I never even touched my shield or removed the shield of my A1 cap since putting him on display years ago.

They preview a lot of figures at cons. Not all of them make it to preorder though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I get that, but it still shouldn't be surprising. Surprising was putting Venompool up for preorder a day after the SDCC. Another Captain America from his last movie should not be surprising.

Whenever a figure is previewed at a con, that tells me that HT is at least considering it. Doesn’t guarantee it’ll make it to PO though of course.

Although with this figure, they didn’t really tease this specific figure exactly. They simply cobbled a figure together using an amalgamation of parts and accessories they already had from other releases, so it was reasonable to presume perhaps they were simply putting out a figure that they could easily cobble together from parts they already had, just for the sake of display to accentuate their EG con display.

I don’t recall seeing the figure they cobbled together having a tag next to it that gave the name of this figure with a “TBA” listing on it. I think it was just the cobbled together figure on an IW Cap base.

2BDA3022-8702-4B06-88A2-C9BDDE0A8C7C.jpeg

This may be my first Cap but I would really like to get an updated TFA version. Hopefully that one is in the plans for a release as well.

Why would the material of the shield even matter? I never even touched my shield or removed the shield of my A1 cap since putting him on display years ago.

Good for you. But horrible reading comprehension since you obviously didn’t see my last comment judging by your question. Maybe get glasses in 2020?

Since we have had the mark 6 and mark7, plus avengers cap 2.0 (sort of) I wonder how long before we get thor and black widow from avengers 1 again?

I'm not expecting those at all (or at least not anytime soon). Avengers Cap's appearance in the movie gave HT the opportunity/excuse to revisit this figure within the Endgame line, but Thor and Black Widow's Avengers suits weren't needed for their Endgame missions. Not only that, each will have their own new movies coming out that will keep HT busy making different versions of their characters.

On that note, why make the Iron Man and War Machine figures diecast? How about making a plastic Mjolnir and Stormbreaker?

Got him at BBTS this looks more of an improvement of the first Those split boots are the best thing for this outfit glad I never got the first so I could get this.

What happened to the new headsculpt? The one shown is the same one since Winter Soldier. Unless it is just a placeholder.

Good for you. But horrible reading comprehension since you obviously didn’t see my last comment judging by your question. Maybe get glasses in 2020?

I am guessing since they all look the same you as someone who buys these dolls to play with prefers to feel the heft of the shield as you play with it? Ok understood.

On that note, why make the Iron Man and War Machine figures diecast? How about making a plastic Mjolnir and Stormbreaker?

Actually there is not reason to add a little bit of diecast to any of the plastic Iron Man figures and call them diecast except an excuse to jack up the price by $200. The low information collectors clearly still believe the mostly plastic Iron Man figures are diecast despite all effort to educate them.

A plastic Mjolnir and Stormbreaker would look exactly the same while putting less stress on the joints of the figures.

Actually there is not reason to add a little bit of diecast to any of the plastic Iron Man figures and call them diecast except an excuse to jack up the price by $200. The low information collectors clearly still believe the mostly plastic Iron Man figures are diecast despite all effort to educate them.

A plastic Mjolnir and Stormbreaker would look exactly the same while putting less stress on the joints of the figures.

I agree with your point here

I am guessing since they all look the same you as someone who buys these dolls to play with prefers to feel the heft of the shield as you play with it? Ok understood.

But do you have to act like such a condescending *******?

I thought this as well until I bit the bullet on the diecast Mark VII and compared it to its plastic counterpart. I don?t know what percentage is discast versus plastic, but it?s definitely a cooler figure in hand and on shelf. Probably partly due to general evolution of the figure but I also think there?s some visual beauty to the diecast VII and War Machine Mark IV. I think the point about the diecast shield had something to do with magnetizing it to Caps back, but I wasn?t reading the thread super closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do you have to act like such a condescending *******?

I don’t take offense to his posts. I’ve seen enough of them to know his schtick on here.

He wouldn’t talk like that in person so you just have to read his replies like the virgin troll he probably is:lol

I want to see a comparison between this and the v1 soooo bad

I want to see a comparison between this and the v1 soooo bad

I've seen the EG Prototype and V1 picture comparisons floating around.

Back