1/6 Hot Toys - MMS563 - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Avenger: Endgame - Captain America (2012 Version)

TFA is my fav Cap suit, it'd fantastic if they update that one, SS 2.0 would be cool too!

TFA is my favorite vintage Cap outfit, and SS is my favorite modern Cap outfit. Two really good figures of those, and those truthfully would probably be all the Cal figures I’d need.

Looks fantastic, I'm in. The only thing I wish they had done was include a new unmasked 2012 Chris Evans head. Still, I'm very pleased with this release.

This figure looks like a major improvement over the actual A1 version. Very nice looking figure, but I wish they?d do a SS 2.0

It could still be in the cards...just gotta wait and see.

The price creep is real, $259 seems like $20 too high for what he comes with. This isn't going to be a slow selling figure or something, they'll sell boatloads of this, so surprised the price is jacked that much.

This cements my now vanished faith in HT.

Way to start 2020. Out of every single ****ing thing they can do, they re-release recycled trash.

Because they know people will eat said trash. Oh well.

**** this brand and what they represent. They were once catering to everyone.

There have been plenty of low effort re-releases, but this was suit actually in the biggest movie of the year, this year. This is a completely reasonable, and in demand release, that actually is an update in design and material (not to mention the original is 7 years old) and currently relevant- not a 5th tron Iron Man

I still have the original, it's the only A1 figure I kept after selling the rest. I'll gladly buy this one as long as its improved(as it should be since it's been 7 years).

There have been plenty of low effort re-releases, but this was suit actually in the biggest movie of the year, this year. This is a completely reasonable, and in demand release, that actually is an update in design and material (not to mention the original is 7 years old) and currently relevant- not a 5th tron Iron Man

It sounds more like his ire isn’t towards the figure itself, but more just whining like a ***** that HT isn’t making figures from whatever crap movies that he likes. Typical nerd rage, basically.

Like you said, this particular outfit was in high demand, and this figure does look like a vast improvement over the original. The body looks greatly improved, as does the suit itself.

It is, but I'm not sure I want to pay a $100 premium to upgrade. I just checked & I paid $152.99 for my original, and you know retail for this will be $250-$260. With everything else in the pipeline, IDK if the improvements are worth it for me. Even with them the suit still looks dated, and it's nowhere near my favorite look for Cap. With that said, if history is an indicator I'll likely cave and order it eventually. :lol

He's the only Cap I don't have, so suppose I'll PO eventually. With a 2021 release date I'll wait - also thanks to the price tag.

For me part of the draw IS the dated look, so I have the whole arc, more or less. But, if u look idly at my shelves, there's Ultron Cap for the color pop. Anyway appreciate the draw, but gonna hold off for now. Hopefully at some point I'll have enough RP to ease the price a bit.

Congrats to all able to jump in tho.

Up for preorder at bbts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I'm in for this one. Will look good next to A1 Iron Man when I eventually get that despite the stupid price tag.

The price creep is real, $259 seems like $20 too high for what he comes with. This isn't going to be a slow selling figure or something, they'll sell boatloads of this, so surprised the price is jacked that much.

At first I felt the same way about the price but then I checked on the figure from 2012 and that was $215 so when you think about inflation I don't think that this is that much higher than it should be. Of course cheaper would have been nice.

Ok. I'm dying to see update version of this. This is my favorite suit
ccda5e238e9cf157e84bdcab74097d4a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

This cements my now vanished faith in HT.

Way to start 2020. Out of every single ****ing thing they can do, they re-release recycled trash.

Because they know people will eat said trash. Oh well.

**** this brand and what they represent. They were once catering to everyone.

2947c796f33ae7b21e77b1aeb9afee3d.jpg

I don't talk to those with such low reputation. Sorry. You don't exist.

Anyway,

Truly a disappointment. A company that was defined by making icon characters of iconic films is now only catering to fans of these flavor of the month pop corn movies.

Oh well.

Wow. Just wow.

Anyway, I?m personally excited for this fig. Some of us are relatively new to this hobby, and a chance to get an A1 Cap is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The description doesn’t sag die-cast shield. I hope they didn’t just repaint the plastic one again. I mean, it looks fine in the photos but how can you go back to plastic after all these years?

Just noticed he doesn't have the hood in back, which I guess makes this more accurate to EG than the actual A1 movie.

Glad they're making this one. Looking forward to getting this, but by the time it's released it will be two years after the movie came out. Tempers my excitement a bit. Wish they could get these out quicker.

Back