1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Dooku looks fantastic..and along with Qui-gon will be the only HT figure that i'll pick up from the prequels.

I'm happy enough with Darth maul and Jango from SS...although it will be interesting to see what facial expression HT go for on their Maul version...i'm guessing it will be an open mouth toothy-snarling look...

Personally those prequel movies are still a hard watch,and apart from the castings and characters of Darth maul,Jango fett,Dooku and Qui-gon....the rest...young Obi wan,young/old Anakin,Padma etc are "for me" an awful mess of miss-casting and bad acting...so i've no desire to have a 12inch effigy of those characters sitting on my shelf..

I am partly on the same boat as you, with the difference that I hate absolutely all of those characters, even if I wouldn't say there was miscasting or bad acting. You just could do a proper work in that environment. Worst actor was the guy playing Anakin, but that's all. You don't have to be Marlon Brando in SW. No need. SW is more theatrical than realistic. No Lee Strasberg needed.

To me, the only saving grace of the prequels are some designs (starfighters, droids), and the looks of the Jedis, their concept, those mysterious armed space monks.

The moment they open their mouths to deliver all that OT-killing nonsense, I switch off. I saw each PT movie once (cinema, screener, screener), to never ever return (ok... I check some scenes here and there, which I need for reference, on Youtube... and that's it). The only thing PT-related I rewatch periodically is the Plinkett reviews. Still awesome.

So sad, all that's been broken. And by Lucas himself.

You are not alone, man.
m.

Dooku looks fantastic..and along with Qui-gon will be the only HT figure that i'll pick up from the prequels.

I'm happy enough with Darth maul and Jango from SS...although it will be interesting to see what facial expression HT go for on their Maul version...i'm guessing it will be an open mouth toothy-snarling look...

Personally those prequel movies are still a hard watch,and apart from the castings and characters of Darth maul,Jango fett,Dooku and Qui-gon....the rest...young Obi wan,young/old Anakin,Padma etc are "for me" an awful mess of miss-casting and bad acting...so i've no desire to have a 12inch effigy of those characters sitting on my shelf..

I don’t see why people say he looks like a younger version of Lee. looks like Dooku to me :dunno

I am partly on the same boat as you, with the difference that I hate absolutely all of those characters, even if I wouldn't say there was miscasting or bad acting. You just could do a proper work in that environment. Worst actor was the guy playing Anakin, but that's all. You don't have to be Marlon Brando in SW. No need. SW is more theatrical than realistic. No Lee Strasberg needed.

To me, the only saving grace of the prequels are some designs (starfighters, droids), and the looks of the Jedis, their concept, those mysterious armed space monks.

The moment they open their mouths to deliver all that OT-killing nonsense, I switch off. I saw each PT movie once (cinema, screener, screener), to never ever return (ok... I check some scenes here and there, which I need for reference, on Youtube... and that's it). The only thing PT-related I rewatch periodically is the Plinkett reviews. Still awesome.

So sad, all that's been broken. And by Lucas himself.

You are not alone, man.
m.

:sleep

..dont like the films just dont buy the figures..why even care ?

:sleep

..dont like the films just dont buy the figures..why even care ?

So there is hope not reading from you inside Solo threads? :wave

nonsense

Solo really sucks btw

Agree..

*and somehow I believe those enjoy TLJ abomination might love this Soylo as well..same taste same *** thing you know

Not buying ****s from this movie after finished watching the film

pathetic young Han

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

As bad as the acting, watching the clone wars made me love the characters they represent so... iz cool!

Dooku is cool.
Clone Wars are cool.
Christopher Lee is super cool, and has a lot of presence.

I love this figure. However, yes AOTC is poor... that's why I always watch another cut, a fanedit. That solves most of the issues with the movie for me.

I was looking at the Visual Dictionary images and didn't notice any difference between his outfit in AOTC and ROTS. Not that it's relevant to my ordering as I'll imagine he's an OT era rogue Jedi / Sith acolyte. :wink1:

Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

There are some slight differences I believe.

His robe is sleeveless. Which is hard to spot on film!

His undershirt is a light sandy brown colour (see what I did there) and I think the Browns on his entire outfit are slightly lighter too. But not sure On that. I’m no expert! But definite colour differences to my eyes. And of course no gauntlet on episode 2 version.

05c0fe42d5bd3ddd59dcd18eafcf49f4.jpg
7dc3c95cf15c2b04b745f0ec48c93809.jpg
972c9f63ec4fe6ee1c44f299d4a401e1.jpg
e2d6d5e309b7205c63db0087deaefc30.jpg

9a2622358e15db1174c490097edd99ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some slight differences I believe.

His robe is sleeveless. Which is hard to spot on film!

His undershirt is a light sandy brown colour (see what I did there) and I think the Browns on his entire outfit are slightly lighter too. But not sure On that. I’m no expert! But definite colour differences to my eyes. And of course no gauntlet on episode 2 version.

Not him. I was referring to Dooku.

I wouldn't make room for an Anakin figure. :wink1:

Not him. I was referring to Dooku.

I wouldn't make room for an Anakin figure. :wink1:
Oh. :lol

Well I enjoyed researching anakins outfit anyway. :lol

Oh. :lol

Well I enjoyed researching anakins outfit anyway. :lol

No worries, and thank you for the thought any way. :)

(I couldn't work Anakin into the OT because by then he was crispy and legless. But Dooku I can willingly 'rewrite' to have him alongside Tarkin).

Gotcha! Well He was firmly headless in the OT to me :lol

Gotcha! Well He was firmly headless in the OT to me :lol

Unless he was staked through the heart he could always come back.

And even then maybe just a drop of blood on his ashes. :wink1:

His lightsaber looks a bit puny here though...

dracula_1958_christopher_lee.jpg

Back