1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

looking at a Dean Knight Jedi Luke video, I can’t help but think Dooku looks a lot like Luke.

I mean, the outfits.

4BA21321-B039-44AD-A711-3CEDA8654FF9.jpeg

B83DCFFE-694C-4E02-90BA-4297A7120CE5.jpg

looking at a Dean Knight Jedi Luke video, I can’t help but think Dooku looks a lot like Luke.

I mean, the outfits.

View attachment 414445

View attachment 414446
I have a bashed dooku thats the sideshow quigon body, hasbro head, and the clothes are actually the imperial officer clothes (black). I think its actually pretty close. So i agree with you, the clothing design is similar. Honestly the design for a lot of the ROTJ was pretty lazy. Han basically went back to his new hope style, though not white but cream colored. Vader is essentially what he was in ESB. the emporer just has a black robe. Lando just looks like a rebel leader with a cape. Capes are a big deal in star wars....and in Cobra i guess.

Absolutely amazing sculpt on this. Can't decide what's their best - Yondu, Tarkin, Emperor or this.

Not a pt fan but big Lee fan. If they announce Maul or Windu I might start collecting pt figures too.

Very much looking forward to this.

Credit: Rebelscum.

Hot-Toys-2018-San-Diego-Display-First-Look-005.jpg

A thing of beauty!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

That sculpt could make a good comic book version of Alan Quartermain from LoEG.

Only flaw with that headsculpt imo is that it's almost symmetrical to a fault.

This is an absolute must for me, so glad SSC never did him I don't have to double dip lol

Almost tempted to sell off my SSC Grevious now in anticipation for the eventual HT release...

This is an absolute must for me, so glad SSC never did him I don't have to double dip lol

Almost tempted to sell off my SSC Grevious now in anticipation for the eventual HT release...

You should probably hold onto your General G until you actually have confirmation. Safety first kids.

Only flaw with that headsculpt imo is that it's almost symmetrical to a fault.

It's a bit of a problem with HT- they idealize certain headsculpts, which causes the accuracy to go down. Happened to their Michael Keaton headsculpt, Ripley and Doc Brown. Interestingly enough they tend to make distinctive eyebows less noticeable (compare the Doc Brown prototype to the final product) and sometimes they open up character's eyes all the way up into an intense stare, even when their eyelids are a trademark to their standard expression likeness (Ripley).

It's like we arrived at the opposite spectrum of eyebrows sculpting and painting. Remember how every Sideshow figure used to have caterpillar eyebrows?

He still looks really good, though.

I hate AOTC. I don't have a lot of love for the Dooku character, but damn if i don't want this figure. Maybe it's cause it's Christopher Lee? Kinda like Maul just a great looking Villain.

My personal favorite. Likeness is even more impressive on these shots than they were on reveal/PO studio shots. 15 years waiting will end when the Count is finally in hand next year :thud:

Another grail for me. Can't believe it took this long for a legit 1/6 Dooku. But I'm glad the one we're getting is an absolute slam dunk by HT. As far as duo releases go, I'm hoping and praying its Mace and Sidious.

Another grail for me. Can't believe it took this long for a legit 1/6 Dooku. But I'm glad the one we're getting is an absolute slam dunk by HT. As far as duo releases go, I'm hoping and praying its Mace and Sidious.

Yeah I was waiting this way back but now I am just happy we got such a great looking Dooku. And I as well hope they do a episode III Sidious and love to see hot toys do some Battle droids. That we'll be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back