1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone selling their ESB version to replace it with this one?

I’m kind of toying with the notion of selling my ESB version for this one instead. Even though ESB is the Yoda I prefer, I think this Yoda looks more like the Yoda it’s supposed to look like more so than the ESB one does. More of a accuracy/quality over preference thing.

I don't have the ESB version, but I agree with you. The AOTC version is more accurate and is more badass because it includes the saber and dynamic stand. Very tempting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I own the ESB one but will not get this one. To me OT Yoda is real Yoda, and the closed eyed sculpt on the esb one captures the character better imo. Outstanding sculpt on the aotc Yoda tho, looks almost 3D printed

Is anyone selling their ESB version to replace it with this one?

I’m kind of toying with the notion of selling my ESB version for this one instead. Even though ESB is the Yoda I prefer, I think this Yoda looks more like the Yoda it’s supposed to look like more so than the ESB one does. More of a accuracy/quality over preference thing.

Yeah that's why I ended up going with the AOTC Yoda, but it's still not ideal considering it's still...AOTC. And even if you ditch the lightsaber it's still clearly a prequel Yoda and couldn't pass at all for the OT.

Hell, if the likeness was dead on, I would even take a cross-eyed ROTJ Yoda over one from AOTC, but unfortunately that's not an option. :D

61463.jpg

AotC is my penultimate least favorite SW film, but I more just consider this PT Yoda in general since he essentially looked the same in AotC and RotS. I’d actually even base the pose on RotS if I had this figure. ESB Yoda is my preference for a Yoda representation, but as I mentioned, this Yoda looks almost dead on to the Yoda it’s meant to represent, while the ESB version, while still good, is not quite there compared to this one. You could always get both being that he’s such a small figure and isn’t very intrusive space wise, but I’m still not sure if I’d want nor need two Yodas in my collection.

Like was mentioned, the closed-eyed sculpt on the ESB version captures his ESB likeness pretty good (which is how I have him), but that still doesn’t fix the better hair for instance on this one. The ESB one though pairs beautifully with Bespin Luke and has the Dagobah dio base to sort of represent that portion of ESB and the OT in general, but this one would display nicely with RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, and potentially a Dooku, while looking more accurate.

I’d have to think about it.

I’m keeping my ESB Yoda and getting this one as well. I have enough room in my collection for both. ESB gets Displayed with Dagobah training Luke and AOTC gets Displayed with Darth Sidious Senate duel.

AotC is my penultimate least favorite SW film, but I more just consider this PT Yoda in general since he essentially looked the same in AotC and RotS. I’d actually even base the pose on RotS if I had this figure. ESB Yoda is my preference for a Yoda representation, but as I mentioned, this Yoda looks almost dead on to the Yoda it’s meant to represent, while the ESB version, while still good, is not quite there compared to this one. You could always get both being that he’s such a small figure and isn’t very intrusive space wise, but I’m still not sure if I’d want nor need two Yodas in my collection.

Like was mentioned, the closed-eyed sculpt on the ESB version captures his ESB likeness pretty good (which is how I have him), but that still doesn’t fix the better hair for instance on this one. The ESB one though pairs beautifully with Bespin Luke and has the Dagobah dio base to sort of represent that portion of ESB and the OT in general, but this one would display nicely with RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, and potentially a Dooku, while looking more accurate.

I’d have to think about it.

What’s your least favorite? TPM?

ESB Yoda had Flaws

This one is much better likeness of a character from a film where his character was silly, reverse talking , acrobat wizard.....

I couldn’t bear to look at the piece , as good as it is, due to the horrid film its from.

Shame the ESB one isnt better

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

AOTC gets a bad rap. I like that one much more as a whole than TPM. If collectors can look at Darth Maul in their collection and be okay with instant reminders of Jar Jar..

I think AOTC can get the same pass. Which only real bad spots are the Anakin/Padme scenes. But I understand why they’re there.

AOTC gets a bad rap. I like that one much more as a whole than TPM. If collectors can look at Darth Maul in their collection and be okay with instant reminders of Jar Jar..

I think AOTC can get the same pass. Which only real bad spots are the Anakin/Padme scenes. But I understand why they’re there.

My sentiments as well. I still don’t really like AotC, but thought it was better than TPM.

Plus, I’d just consider both Yoda and Dooku RotS versions if I were to have them.

The Anakin/Padme scenes are the only real downer in AOTC for me. While TPM is my favorite prequel movie AOTC is something I still enjoy watching from time to time and Yoda was definitely a highlight in it.

At the time I felt AOTC was the better movie due to the darker tone, increased action, and cooler locations. But now all I see is a cluttered story with a cringe-worthy romance and mindnumbing CGI action, and I find myself liking the simpler and more straight-forward TPM a bit more now.

Of course both are still terrible and my least favorite SW movies.

At the time I felt AOTC was the better movie due to the darker tone, increased action, and cooler locations. But now all I see is a cluttered story with a cringe-worthy romance and mindnumbing CGI action, and I find myself liking the simpler and more straight-forward TPM a bit more now.

Of course both are still terrible and my least favorite SW movies.

TPM Yoda was terrible, the first version shown in theaters that is. I was so happy to see them clean him up for AOTC and ROTS.

I never thought any of the PT movies were terrible as a whole though. I watched each one in theaters as it came out and liked each one. They always had that classic Star Wars vibe to me. Lots more stuff I didn’t like in them than anything OT but I still really enjoy watching them from time to time.

Yeah maybe "terrible" is too strong a word, because they're still watchable enough and have some cool moments here and there. But overall I just don't find them very compelling and the Anakin story-- which is the entire point of the thing-- just falls completely flat for me.

Here’s how watchable the PT films are for me:

TPM - Will only watch parts of it, only if it’s on TV.
AotC - Same as TPM.
RotS - Can watch in its entirety, either on TV or if I choose to watch it.

The prequels sure fell short of that they could have been, partly I think because when Lucas got to both finance and direct it all on his own, there was only yes men around, he was the boss of every department in the end.

Ideas that are not challenged will not grow and improve. Then again those movies faced the biggest expectations in movie history, more so then episode 7.
I can watch I and II for eyecandy, episode III I enjoy besides how blatantly unfulfilling Dooku's character is handled.

To me Attack of the Clones is the worst of any of the Star Wars films. Just never really liked it very much and I feel like it’s mostly all very forgettable. While The Phantom Menace isn’t great there are a few things in it I like. Qui-Gon is cool, the Pod Racing sequence is sorta fun, and the duel between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan versus Maul is awesome. I also feel like the score is one of Williams’ best for that film. Revenge of the Sith is the best but still very flawed.

Back