1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a 'DT Trooper' ?

I would have gone with Disco Trooper myself.

giphy.gif

He’s only very briefly seen and you’re right he is the one involved during the chase scene at the beginning. It seems like he was made solely for the purpose of making toys because some army builders like collecting all the various Troopers. I kinda dig the design though.

It’s a grand tradition of Star Wars to have new troopers at this point. Yes, it is definitely to sell new toys. But I also want to be an optimist and say it’s also to add something new while further expanding the universe.

I do appreciate that their inclusions have made sense in the anthology films just as it did in the OT. All the new RO troopers were well designed and consistent, and Solo repeated that success. Especially since they used a lot of armor pieces from RO for period consistency.

The Patrol Trooper is a new favorite for me, even if it felt like some of their scenes were cut from the movie. We haven’t seen a city like this before, and it made sense that the Empire would use a separate police force. Sure, they could’ve used Scout Troopers, but I’d think they’d be too valuable to the war effort as specialized troopers to just have stationed in cities in the numbers they’d need.

Last edited:
I rarely pre-order anymore but I pre-ordered this one and the Mud-Trooper from Timewalker.

I did the very same thing with the Shoretrooper and the 2 Trooper set from Rogue One and look how quickly those disappeared. I've got a feeling these new troopers will do the same...

Just sayin'... :stormtroo

I love the trooper design but his speeder reminds me of the huge memory stick Rey drove around in TFA.

Kinda boring design - almost looks like a background filler ship for a big space fleet scene.

Yeah I got a similar vibe from his speeder. The Trooper looks cool but the design of the speeder is kinda clunky and odd looking. The Scout speeders seem better designed and look cooler to me. I think I am going to pre-order this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that about it though. It's a utilitarian police bike, not a sport/racing/super bike. Looks the part.

I think it fits in with the brutalist shapes and function over form designs of Imperial vehicles, matching the flat surfaces and angles of the AT-AT, AT-ST, Imperial Troop Transport, etc. very well.

Yeah. I do wish this was like $200-$205 rather than $220 but for a Trooper that doesn’t get a ton of screen time and is probably going to be made in smaller numbers I understand. Like I said earlier this could end up like the Shoretrooper and be highly demanded when it’s gone.

This guy is really cool, but I honestly don’t remember seeing him in the movie. I was a little buzzed though — had a double Johnnie Walker on ice, one of those new theaters with a bar, and that was after dinner. Need to see the flick sober.

It’s like within the first ten minutes or so. He’s very much blink and you’ll miss him but it’s during that chase he goes after Han. Seems like he’s supposed to be a cop looking for people speeding or something. :lol

I would rather get SideShow Scout Trooper

$205 Royal Guard price tag makes this one looks like a fool

This guy is really cool, but I honestly don’t remember seeing him in the movie. I was a little buzzed though — had a double Johnnie Walker on ice, one of those new theaters with a bar, and that was after dinner. Need to see the flick sober.

You didn't even notice that the bartender was Bob Iger?:lol

I was such an easy mark for an up-sell. She (Iger apparently) said, ‘Double?’ when I ordered. Didn’t seem like I had a choice. It was all my GF’s idea, she wanted to share a drink with Lando during his intro scene.

I like that about it though. It's a utilitarian police bike, not a sport/racing/super bike. Looks the part.

I think it fits in with the brutalist shapes and function over form designs of Imperial vehicles, matching the flat surfaces and angles of the AT-AT, AT-ST, Imperial Troop Transport, etc. very well.

I agree about the bike. It's the "biker" who doesn't fit in so well. He should be equally as 'simplified'.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s like 1980s gi joe with these troopers. They are all cool but feel a bit unnecessary

Ht- make the death star trooper

Back