1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The unreleased Shoretroopers for sure. Would love to get them but might be difficult without a tie in. Hope we see Shoretroopers again on screen. Really wish I’d picked up a second to customize if I’d known we weren’t getting more.

The regular Stormtrooper would be easy since they could release the clean RO TK under Solo. Same armor. Two pack with an officer of naval trooper even.

I kick myself for not buying one of those. I didn’t expect it to sell out and aftermarket prices are ridiculous on it. That’s why I’m unsure if I want to wait on this one as I like the design and could see it being produced in low numbers.

HT does seem to be producing these troopers in far fewer number than they used to.

If you like the design at all, it's probably worth picking up. Easy enough to trade later if you tire of it.

No one wants the ST crap.

But as far as OT, the ANH Spacetrooper is still floating around, and that was supposedly "limited". So 3 years ago "limited" numbers were still larger than, say, a current regular release of the Shoretroopers. :lol

This Patrol Trooper feels like a Shoretrooper situation to me. Gone too fast, then $500+ on ebay before you know it.

But as far as OT, the ANH Spacetrooper is still floating around...

Blown clear into space when the Death Star exploded?

And nobody went back to rescue him later? :monkey2

I really like this Patrol Trooper look. Far more than the Shore Trooper, who I think looks a bit awkward - they don't have the same cohesive design.

Something about the Patrol Trooper feels correct for the early expanded universe. He has the look of a cop, an Imperial planetary law enforcement type. The stripes on the trousers help with that. Probably just me, but he also feels reminiscent of similar types from SF novels of the 1970s.

And some cheap 12" Patrol Troopers to stand at the back:

HZVcZFZ.jpg

AscbBhcsNspHnMmX--SERs1zv5C4pjwZklCrjLMfXJA.jpg

Even cheaper too eventually, if the current £3.99 Interactech Stormtroopers are anything to go by.

A Qi'ra like that would be a good HT as well.

Of all the songs... I know there's a language barrier, but boy that was weird.

Though I mean sure, it did feel like Christmas came early when they announced this figure. But still...

I thought it was an inspired choice.

After all, she was singing:

'Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la la la!
Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la la la la la la!

And he does look rather bright and cheerful in his new uniform. :lol

It bothers me that the road on the stand looks like a modern day, yellow striped one. It's a silly quibble but for whatever reason that doesn't feel Star-Wars-y to me whatsoever. It's removable and all but the concept seems uninspired.

What an odd choice of music 😖 I agree with the sticker base but I’ve always disliked al of them. Rather display without on the molded flooring or no stand at all. I mainly wanna pick this up to help show support. Star Wars Stories are much more appealing to me despite box office numbers. Really hope they start revealing DT trooper or other Rogue One figs at SDCC. Bummer no PO on protos already teased but this is still a nice surprise.
Also as Wor Gar said I would much like to see Howard’s collection with one off figures and protos that are on the back burner!

Trooper sell....always will....like Iron man.

So the DS gunner will be an acein the hole for a slow year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t remember seeing this trooper in the film. I’m guessing it’s the one involved in the chase scene in the beginning. It’s a cool design. I like it better than the troopers in RO. But I’m not really into collecting troopers. I only have one from ANH and one from TFA. Since I don’t have space in my house, I have to focus on the main characters.

I think I would have preferred a design without the black bits on the sides of the helmet. Sorta gives me a FO Executioner trooper vibe, and not in a good way. I’m on the fence for this one, my plan is to wait a bit and see exactly what other Solo troopers they are going to announce. Even the Mudtrooper I’m taking a wait and see approach on to see whether they are planning on a regular version. The disguise version almost looks like it needs a scarf for the neck or darker neck piece to look right.

I will be interested to see how the weathering turns out on the final figure for this. The only other trooper I can think of that was supposed to have legit dark black weathering was the Finn Stormtrooper, which I owned briefly. I was disappointed in that Finn because I thought the weathering was barely there, especially compared to the proto, and couldn’t really see much difference between it and my normal FO trooper when on display in my detolf. They seem to do really well with lighter, sandy weathering on the stormies, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t remember seeing this trooper in the film. I’m guessing it’s the one involved in the chase scene in the beginning. It’s a cool design. I like it better than the troopers in RO. But I’m not really into collecting troopers. I only have one from ANH and one from TFA. Since I don’t have space in my house, I have to focus on the main characters.
He’s only very briefly seen and you’re right he is the one involved during the chase scene at the beginning. It seems like he was made solely for the purpose of making toys because some army builders like collecting all the various Troopers. I kinda dig the design though.

What an odd choice of music �� I agree with the sticker base but I’ve always disliked al of them. Rather display without on the molded flooring or no stand at all. I mainly wanna pick this up to help show support. Star Wars Stories are much more appealing to me despite box office numbers. Really hope they start revealing DT trooper or other Rogue One figs at SDCC. Bummer no PO on protos already teased but this is still a nice surprise.
Also as Wor Gar said I would much like to see Howard’s collection with one off figures and protos that are on the back burner!

What's a 'DT Trooper' ?

Back