1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random shot i took for my insta

042681AD-F0E1-420B-8AC7-BC4F59041427.jpg

Around what they're charging for the Scout + Speeder.

I have no idea what numbers the Patrol Trooper sold in for Hot Toys(As there's no way to know how small an edition size it was, and that not everyone who bought the patrol trooper would have wanted the Speeder anyway), but the Patrol Speeder is absolutely gigantic, compared to the size of the Speeder Bike. Even if mostly hollow(Which it probably wouldn't have been), it could easily have been three times the materials cost. It probably wouldn't have been feasible.
The one that i still have on my bench, a few people have messaged me asking how much i'd sell it for, and when i give them a price they either:
1, Don't get back to me at all, or:
2, go off on a rant about how my one off custom build "isn't worth Hot-Toys money", and the most it's worth is $50 to $100:
3, Ask to get theirs cheap, telling me to just make new copies cheaply, since i "already have the design sorted".
There are some crazy people out there, lol.

I have no idea what numbers the Patrol Trooper sold in for Hot Toys(As there's no way to know how small an edition size it was, and that not everyone who bought the patrol trooper would have wanted the Speeder anyway), but the Patrol Speeder is absolutely gigantic, compared to the size of the Speeder Bike. Even if mostly hollow(Which it probably wouldn't have been), it could easily have been three times the materials cost. It probably wouldn't have been feasible.
The one that i still have on my bench, a few people have messaged me asking how much i'd sell it for, and when i give them a price they either:
1, Don't get back to me at all, or:
2, go off on a rant about how my one off custom build "isn't worth Hot-Toys money", and the most it's worth is $50 to $100:
3, Ask to get theirs cheap, telling me to just make new copies cheaply, since i "already have the design sorted".
There are some crazy people out there, lol.

People who have never done something don't understand intangible costs like experience, R&D, labor, etc. They see things in narrow terms. I'm sure you quoted a fair price but yeah, there's a lot of crazy people out there.

People who have never done something don't understand intangible costs like experience, R&D, labor, etc. They see things in narrow terms. I'm sure you quoted a fair price but yeah, there's a lot of crazy people out there.

When someone comes back to me with "I'm not paying that!!!", i just reply with, "Well make it yourself then, lol."
You rarely get your labour costs back in an endeavour like this. You have to be content with getting some return.
But there are indeed some loons out there.
And for everyone that says: "I would buy that if HT made it!", only 10%(Or less) actually follow through.

Could pick this one up on Eby,price €300. not a fan of the Solo movie,but he looks tempting…not sure to pull the trigger…

Last edited:
Could pic this one up on Eby,price €300. not a fan of the Solo movie,but he looks tempting…not sure to pull the trigger…

I think it’s an excellent figure. One of my favorite side troopers. Not sure if it’s worth the price for a movie you don’t care for though; not really a must have.

And didn’t you say you still need a Stormtrooper?

Good to hear. Which one did you get?
The squad leader from the Mandalorian ,the only one available with a reasonable price. And I am really happy how he looks,despite not being as polished and clean as the New Hope ones. im a sucker for Imperial troopers .😂😜

Attachments

• 05DD250C-5320-497E-97AB-3DBF1DDB31DB.jpeg
    05DD250C-5320-497E-97AB-3DBF1DDB31DB.jpeg
    763.6 KB · Views: 0
I like this design. Shame we didn't see more of him.
He'd have been perfect to appear in Andor somewhere. Showing civilians interacting with stormie cops. It was nice seeing the Shoretroopers but it easily could have been a Patrol trooper who arrested him.

I like this design. Shame we didn't see more of him.
He'd have been perfect to appear in Andor somewhere. Showing civilians interacting with stormie cops. It was nice seeing the Shoretroopers but it easily could have been a Patrol trooper who arrested him.

This is still my favourite of the post-OT designs.

Every time I mention that, I think I also say how evocative he is of science fiction novels of the '60s and '70s. To me he shouts sci-fi cop or planetary soldier of the kind that the Stainless Steel Rat might run into.

Therefore I can imagine him slotting perfectly into Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy, which is apt considering the film they appeared in.

Every time I mention that, I think I also say how evocative he is of science fiction novels of the '60s and '70s. To me he shouts sci-fi cop or planetary soldier of the kind that the Stainless Steel Rat might run ininto.
Really good observation.

If there ever was a figure I regretted not buying but even now if I had a chance to buy I still would pass it would be this guy. Love the design as it fits is OT SW, however with such a brief appearance its not worthy in my collection.

Back