1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Three figures from this box office bomb and one for Deadpool 2. There’s no justice.

Yes there is. This is Star Wars baby.

giphy.gif

A good looking trooper!

This is going to be a hard one to pull on. On one hand I've seen the helmets for sale, I've seen the stills and think , man what a great derivative of the Stormies, but I prefer it looking clean, maybe Hot toys has some film stills and incorporated the correct grime, but the final product looks haphazard. I like the crisp Patrol troopers we're seeing in media. This is what I want Hot Toys, go for the easy money and offer me a clean version, I'll take 2 and a speeder to pose them by, thanks!

solo-trooper-art.jpg

This is going to be a hard one to pull on. On one hand I've seen the helmets for sale, I've seen the stills and think , man what a great derivative of the Stormies, but I prefer it looking clean, maybe Hot toys has some film stills and incorporated the correct grime, but the final product looks haphazard. I like the crisp Patrol troopers we're seeing in media. This is what I want Hot Toys, go for the easy money and offer me a clean version, I'll take 2 and a speeder to pose them by, thanks!

solo-trooper-art.jpg

Watch them only release clean Mimban Trooper too:lol

This should have been the stormtrooper look for the sequels instead of the ducktrooper. Sure they wouldn't be still sitting on the shelves two years later.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's awesome to see Solo getting love from Hot Toys. I need to save some space for EP IX though...

This should have been the stormtrooper look for the sequels instead of the ducktrooper. Sure they wouldn't be still sitting on the shelves two years later.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree. :duff

I don't know what JJ & Disney were thinking with the ducktroopers. Or how they couldn't possibly see what they created. They need to bring back the concept artists Lucas used and get rid of these Disney artists. Such a horrible design to me. Nothing at all from the ST makes me want to buy something. Kylo was cool till he took the mask off. Then Rian has him destroy the only somewhat cool looking design in the ST so far...:slap

I agree. :duff

I don't know what JJ & Disney were thinking with the ducktroopers. Or how they couldn't possibly see what they created. They need to bring back the concept artists Lucas used and get rid of these Disney artists. Such a horrible design to me. Nothing at all from the ST makes me want to buy something. Kylo was cool till he took the mask off. Then Rian has him destroy the only somewhat cool looking design in the ST so far...:slap

The mind boggling part is that I think the designs they're using are spot on to hit people in the feels; I think both Solo and Rogue had great troop design, its just the main saga that I think the base stormie designs are highly questionable. I actually like the new pilots, flametroopers, and snow troops, its just the main stormie bucket is just a far off miss, and instead of listening to feedback and adjusting accordingly, they're like "look, we put Stormtrooper teeth in the ducks this time". Its like they are so disconnected from what the fans want once the make a decision. Its like come on people you have decades worth of concept to draw from, get it straight.

The McQuarrie vibe is this trooper ' s high point. Hope HT does the Range Trooper.

The downside here is the chances of RO Tank Commander and Shore Trooper variants just died here. Looks like the train is moving forward...

I PO'D it...but what a wait... December 2019? Wow.

The McQuarrie vibe is this trooper ' s high point. Hope HT does the Range Trooper.

The downside here is the chances of RO Tank Commander and Shore Trooper variants just died here. Looks like the train is moving forward...

I PO'D it...but what a wait... December 2019? Wow.

I'm sure you are right, but from a fan POV it feels bad. How much effort would go into producing the other two Shoretroopers? I mean Sideshow lived off this model with Clones for a long time.

Back