1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember what grit sandpaper you used there ? I have a project on the back burner where I wanted to make a road, and was going to use exactly that way as well.

Maybe you should have made the line marking at an angle across the base to make it more unsymmetrical ? The base of the figure does that too.

Do you remember what grit sandpaper you used there ? I have a project on the back burner where I wanted to make a road, and was going to use exactly that way as well.

Maybe you should have made the line marking at an angle across the base to make it more unsymmetrical ? The base of the figure does that too.

I used a long roll of 60 grit sandpaper. I could still repaint the base. It was just a test.

I used a long roll of 60 grit sandpaper. I could still repaint the base. It was just a test.

OK thanks. Yeah, just a suggestion on the base. I have seen other road bases for Batmobiles etc where the road markings were often not parallel. I guess it gives a more aesthetic look somehow ?

OK thanks. Yeah, just a suggestion on the base. I have seen other road bases for Batmobiles etc where the road markings were often not parallel. I guess it gives a more aesthetic look somehow ?

Of course.
This base might not end up being the final one for my build. It's just a spare piece of MDF i had lying around.
It's more of a placeholder.
I might repaint it later. And i do appreciate any and all comments on the build. I won't take any offence if someone comments on the piece, even in a negative way. I'm actually enjoying the build. I hope i can do the speeder justice!

I am not at work today but I got the basic shape for the seat set up yesterday. I just layered up some styrene onto the existing area where the seat goes. When the cement has dried(Likely on Monday), I will be able to sand it to shape.

39ddd8aeda5b898215e917f9e5ef4566.jpg

a6590795ab4698f4301e44b3c89d2dde.jpg

754d0c8a20f5280257dae87b33bb952b.jpg

7ace40d54c114c032fc2078de0559e33.jpg

90a0e98960c027f4a7fc7b1ae721a03a.jpg

I really enjoy watching the progress on this build. Interested to see all the greeblies you?re gonna throw on it. Thanks for sharing :)

I really enjoy watching the progress on this build. Interested to see all the greeblies you?re gonna throw on it. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks. I am glad you’re enjoying the build.
I certainly am!
When I have time I am opening up kits to see what they have that will be of use. Time to crack open that 1/24 fire engine I have been saving I think.

Back