1/6 Hot Toys - MMS494 - Solo: A Star Wars Story Patrol Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
It?s really coming together.
Some pics of the parts in place and some outdoor shots with more natural lighting than my work desk affords me.

cac9f9c25aa2aafb8750f7ad7810f994.jpg

OMG you are definitely in the UK. I swear every manufacturing facility I have been to there has that same blue paint on their rails and gates. And 9/10 also rusting like that :lol !!

Great progress though !

That build is fantastic.
Thanks!
Glad you are enjoying.

OMG you are definitely in the UK. I swear every manufacturing facility I have been to there has that same blue paint on their rails and gates. And 9/10 also rusting like that :lol !!

Great progress though !

Lol. I am in Glenrothes in Scotland. Our business premises are in an 80?s-era industrial park that used to be maintenance hangars for Fife Airport.
And thanks. I got a little more done today. Pics at the bottom.

Awesome job.

Thanks, TonTon.
It?s always nice when something I am enjoying building is beyond enjoyed by everyone watching.

Thats crazy cool!! Love the details.

Thanks, Chakaman. The details are the most fun.

You?re definitely hooking this thing up! Greeblies and panel work look great!

Thanks!
I am not 100% following the reference simply because I can?t replicate certain details perfectly.
I am justifying this build as the ?previous model year? of the same speeder, lol.

Today?s progress is some more small panels glued on and the tail section panelling done. Tomorrow I hope to be able to finish the panelling so I can get the craft primed in grey to tie it all together and get the front end greeblies worked out.
Here are the pics. I only put Luke on it as a change from the Trooper.

1a779a7c6e6a2861e006d9837a091b45.jpg

c9418166c1bf09e14e77a1b0b1965cd9.jpg

702bb44986d20cc5e15d0e18dc30deaf.jpg

I am not 100% following the reference simply because I can?t replicate certain details perfectly.
I am justifying this build as the ?previous model year? of the same speeder, lol.

Looks good to me. This has gotta be the newest model version (not the previous year model) right :wink1:

Also loving casual Luke with overalls and runners on.

By the way, the Corillean Engineer that designed that backrest needs to be shot. Must have skipped ergonomics classes :lol

This is looking really good, username!:clap

Thanks!
Some more progress images below.

Very impressive! There's so many Hot Toys vehicles that should be made, and you sir should design them!

I wish i had that kind of time!
I'm sure HT have plenty of people far cleverer than i in their R&D department.

i second that, amazing job.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your comments.

Looks good to me. This has gotta be the newest model version (not the previous year model) right :wink1:

Let's say that, lol.

Also loving casual Luke with overalls and runners on.

Hehe. It was just as close as i could get to the Bespin uniform from a more modern style. I used some Easy/Simple fatigues and took them in slightly. It's a darker colour than the Bespin fatigues, but i reckon it looks good. And those boots, even though they aren't "Star Warsy", make him look more like he's in a military than his furry sheepskin boots he had in TESB.

By the way, the Corillean Engineer that designed that backrest needs to be shot. Must have skipped ergonomics classes :lol

Yeah. I understand they were going for sharp angles, but it's still not going to be comfortable.

Okay. Today's progress was marred by what i will call "Damage control".
I walked into work today and as i do every day, i look at the reference image of the Speeder, only to realise, i hadn't cut the panels out that are inboard of the trooper's hands. It's a grill on the panel work that i had just forgotten about. As there's loads of structure behind there, i removed a lot of material, and added the vents. There is filler around there right now, in case anyone wonders what that white stuff is. It won't be fully cured till tomorrow and then i can sand it back.
I built the box under the thighs of the trooper that has a vent on it(Vents and other panels to follow, hopefully tomorrow), and the vents on the upper hull, just ahead of the trooper's chest.
I also mounted some magnets in plastic and built the "jousting pole"(Or perhaps it's an antenna, or a heavy mounted blaster weapon). It has a mount i had to just make up, and it will be detachable in case i sell this and have to ship it somewhere.
And finally, i built the pedal mounting box under the trooper's feet.
There are aluminium poles in there for strength, and i will try and get the pedals themselves made tomorrow. They will be removable too, even if just for the painting.

Pics to follow on the next post(I am writing this on my work PC, but i will upload the pics via tapatalk).

This project is coming along brilliantly. If you ever consider selling or making a cast I might be interested. Unpacked my Patrol Trooper (after the box staring at me and taunting me for weeks while other stuff was going on) and it's a fantastic figure.

Thanks!
Glad you are enjoying.

Lol. I am in Glenrothes in Scotland. Our business premises are in an 80?s-era industrial park that used to be maintenance hangars for Fife Airport.
And thanks. I got a little more done today. Pics at the bottom.

Thanks, TonTon.
It?s always nice when something I am enjoying building is beyond enjoyed by everyone watching.

Thanks, Chakaman. The details are the most fun.

Thanks!

Today?s progress is some more small panels glued on and the tail section panelling done. Tomorrow I hope to be able to finish the panelling so I can get the craft primed in grey to tie it all together and get the front end greeblies worked out.
Here are the pics. I only put Luke on it as a change from the Trooper.

c9418166c1bf09e14e77a1b0b1965cd9.jpg

702bb44986d20cc5e15d0e18dc30deaf.jpg

Nice Luke in GB2 fatigue!!!

Very nice pics and project!

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks! I should have more this afternoon before i leave work.

This project is coming along brilliantly. If you ever consider selling or making a cast I might be interested. Unpacked my Patrol Trooper (after the box staring at me and taunting me for weeks while other stuff was going on) and it's a fantastic figure.

Agreed. The figure is amazing. It's hard to put my finger on what about it makes it great, but i loved it from the second HT put it up for PO(I'd say in the movie, but he was really a "blink and you'll miss it" character in the movie!).
I still haven't got mine yet(Hence having to reply on the custom trooper in these images), but i should get the first one on monday. And then i will be using the official trooper in the build.
And thanks a lot for your kind comments. I am greatly enjoying this build. I also appreciate the tolerance of everyone here by allowing me to post my progress in this thread(I wonder if i can hijack the Anakin thread when i start on my Jedi Starfighter build, lol?).
As for selling it... I am very much open to selling this build. And indeed, should there be interest, making more. I have often found that some people see a "fan build" like this and assume that, because it's not a Hot Toys product, that it will only cost "Hasbro-money", lol(And oh, how i wish Hasbro had made a 1/6 scale one!).
I have learned a lot about how the shapes intermesh from this build. And i am still enjoying it a lot. Even though it *looks* to be a simple craft, it isn't simple at all(And i am staying as close as i can to the shape without letting niggling details derail me). But i *have* poured a lot of time into it. I worry that, even to break even on time and materials it might be an expensive proposition. That being said, once it's finished and i have all the pics i need, it will be straight up for sale(I always enjoy the builds more than displaying them afterwards). It would be nice to see it go to an enthusiast on here.

Nice Luke in GB2 fatigue!!!

Thanks!
I have him on my desk at work and quite enjoy the look myself.
I used the Green Wolf Gear Galac-Tac Urban camo uniform: https://www.blackopstoys.com/produc...ey-uniform-set-1?_pos=90&_sid=17d247144&_ss=r
I removed the upper arm pockets, took out the knee pads and re-tailored the tunic to be tighter to the body. I actually think it looks pretty similar to the Bespin fatigues. Not exact. But similar. I will be ordering the new HT Bespin Luke when it goes up.

Today?s progress was slight but no less important.
I scribed the hatched lines on the seat back and squab.
I sanded the filler around the grills on the side panels.
I further detailed the ?sensor probe? on the front with some wiring and boxes to ?busy it up?.
I added the concave details in the front panels either side.
Not much but it?s coming together.

950d251d4ee534c7d1701d4e4c096299.jpg

e8dbbcf6b9f424a60d9bdc7f45aa95e4.jpg

bc9d74a06d4a143d5ea6c18224868f38.jpg

384390e91c5b63a0674caa3c7baf3dfa.jpg

211f526c6ef8a4b49333e34fa724bb3a.jpg

ac17d094e1a5cef0f6541c26e0502476.jpg

ec6ecd5876248105511f09cdadb0aef6.jpg

I took some pictures today of this great figure.

NUclI80.jpg

xOBvAer.jpg

U3HhRbH.jpg

IxYgmwM.jpg

The weathering and detail on this figure is superb. The only surprise I had was I was expecting the pants to be a material like the Shore Troopers, but instead its more like parachute material. A couple more accessories would have been nice too (like the speed gun username built above). There might not be any accessories in the movie, but given the screen time and it's been done on other figures, some artistic license in this department would have been welcome.

If you are into imperial troops than this is a must-have addition.

Love the design, and was really looking forward to him. But after getting him in my collection I feel like I can't find a spot where he fits =/

Boxed him right back up after inspection. Thinking about selling, but maybe I just need the right spot lol

Beautiful pics, Momaw!
I got my Trooper on Monday for my birthday from my Brother.
It?s as great as I hoped.
Sorry about the lack of updates on the Speeder, my Wife?s brother and his partner as visiting from England.
Here are some pics of the Trooper and my makeshift one as a comparison.
And a turnaround of the proper Trooper on the Speeder.
I should have actual progress next week.

618ea44360494143947d4ae4d076b42b.jpg

115d16b964bcb473e8bb62fdf4304561.jpg

3790f431b169d620686f8bef6dd606cf.jpg

792dfd1dc66f2faca2e2638fcdc2e283.jpg

25c4f8e9bc858c8f0ad5450fce5a6831.jpg

https://youtu.be/l9HQ6b9JJtU

Beautiful pics, Momaw!
I got my Trooper on Monday for my birthday from my Brother.
It?s as great as I hoped.
Sorry about the lack of updates on the Speeder, my Wife?s brother and his partner as visiting from England.
Here are some pics of the Trooper and my makeshift one as a comparison.
And a turnaround of the proper Trooper on the Speeder.
I should have actual progress next week.

618ea44360494143947d4ae4d076b42b.jpg

115d16b964bcb473e8bb62fdf4304561.jpg

3790f431b169d620686f8bef6dd606cf.jpg

792dfd1dc66f2faca2e2638fcdc2e283.jpg

25c4f8e9bc858c8f0ad5450fce5a6831.jpg

https://youtu.be/l9HQ6b9JJtU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to sneak some time at work today.
I got the little angled panels just below the troopers thighs done on both sides.

bcee0d1211a5b53d1e8ea4150ba1475a.jpg

b7c6a654e2b859c4e3a39177240b4060.jpg

ba5ebe258e8b98dc73989774f8ed7b83.jpg

I also decided my patrol trooper needed a ?Commander Cody-Style? cap on his helmet so I started on that.

f8d5cd036a42fc2bac3446ad6d04bd86.jpg

627812a05a05f06d00e432cf8ddb50da.jpg

9a6aaff7198d2726bbf3b64d582f22c2.jpg

This is coming together very very nicely Username 👌🏽✨ but I?m not too sure that visor is too aerodynamic though ;)
Awesome job and thanks for the constant updates!

Back