Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a great figure overall but my one complaint is the crotch grabber for the stand. Those crotch grabbers work well for regular figures but not so well for the die cast Iron Man figures. I wish they used the single hook crotch grabbers that came with my quarter scale Iron Man figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted much the same comment on p38.

No way I would trust a DC IM on a crotch grabber. Got one with my Mark V. Not worth putting it in the box. Shameless penny pinching on behalf of Hot Toys in my view.

I suck at taking pictures and am a boring museum poser but here you go.
47d51de0c8e9314ed5879df1fa832313.jpg

Looks great 'actsdad.

I cancelled mine. Nearly £400 in the UK after taxes and duty and I don't see the value since I have the 46 already.

Hope everyone enjoys their figure.

Yeah, it's an expensive business importing Die-cast IM figs into the UK. Just short of £800 spent on this guy and Neon Tech in the past two weeks. After the Mark L has been released, that's probably going to be me done on Iron Man figures...unless the Endgame suit is killer.

Yeah, it's an expensive business importing Die-cast IM figs into the UK. Just short of £800 spent on this guy and Neon Tech in the past two weeks. After the Mark L has been released, that's probably going to be me done on Iron Man figures...unless the Endgame suit is killer.

Don’t forget about Pepper’s Rescue suit and a possible War Machine Mk. V (the IV did get crushed like a can by Thanos).

Oh and are you just going to completely disregard the Mk. VII diecast? That’s going to be a monster!

Don’t forget about Pepper’s Rescue suit and a possible War Machine Mk. V (the IV did get crushed like a can by Thanos).

Oh and are you just going to completely disregard the Mk. VII diecast? That’s going to be a monster!

Shhhhhh...I'm trying to convince myself I don't need the VII (and everything else you've listed). :lol

Don't see how any IM collector is going to be able to resist Rescue, the L and the VII - They are going to look so different to everything else in the collection.

I think the release of the Mark 43 will be a problem too, because I think they'll cover the screw on the back and improve the figure slightly.

There's also no way they'll stop making them so we could get diecast HPP figures, starting with the ones they haven't done. It's easy money for HT :)

Looks great 'actsdad.

I cancelled mine. Nearly £400 in the UK after taxes and duty and I don't see the value since I have the 46 already.

Hope everyone enjoys their figure.

I don’t have the 46 or 47 so I figured I should get this one. I know it doesn’t come with the Tony Stark headsculpt but I usually pose my Iron Man figures with the helmets anyways.

I don’t have the 46 or 47 so I figured I should get this one. I know it doesn’t come with the Tony Stark headsculpt but I usually pose my Iron Man figures with the helmets anyways.

Yeah, definitely worth getting if you don't have the 46 or 47. The design is really solid and the articulation is outstanding.

Could have chucked in a Tony head though. The concept Cap comes with interchangeable face plates.

Yeah, definitely worth getting if you don't have the 46 or 47. The design is really solid and the articulation is outstanding.

Could have chucked in a Tony head though. The concept Cap comes with interchangeable face plates.

also worth getting even if you have the 46 and 47.

Overall a pretty nice figure, lots of batteries though.

View attachment 439672

Man this is a nice looking IM armor. I liked the design of both the MK46 & MK47, but really like the throwback to the classic comic look with all red & gold on this.. All these pics are looking sweet. Would love to get it, but I decided my focus is on the OT/PT Star Wars stuff. Stopped buying MCU figs (although I think I may make an exception for the new IW Doctor Strange). I wanted to get at least one diecast IM armor, but I'm also afraid it will make my older plastic armors look dated. Not because of the plastic (I still think Diecast is a waste and adds no value to a better figure), but because the figures have gotten so much better. My last Iron Man (I have 7) I bought is the MKVII (both reg & BD). If I buy this then I'll want the MKVII DC too....

also worth getting even if you have the 46 and 47.

:)

Don't you have every armour Subzro?

A repaint with no extras is a hard-sell at £400 - even to a hardcore IM collector like myself. (I think I can call myself that having spent almost £3K last year on IM).

The 46 body is probably the best made so far in terms of looks and articulation, but I still prefer the 45. I think that's the only suit I would buy a re-paint of.

:)

Don't you have every armour Subzro?

A repaint with no extras is a hard-sell at £400 - even to a hardcore IM collector like myself. (I think I can call myself that having spent almost £3K last year on IM).

The 46 body is probably the best made so far in terms of looks and articulation, but I still prefer the 45. I think that's the only suit I would buy a re-paint of.

Not all of them but close to half i think. Yes i need help :cuckoo: :lol. I like the repaints sometimes more than the originals but i agree they are not for everyone at this price point.

Back