Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t it stated that it was supposed to be seen as a prototype armor? Maybe it was just a theory I read somewhere. I just thought it was intentionally left looking undone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c3ee9a6a30d77fe78ca198a7a7c4b25b0fb4a484_hq.jpg

Not to hijack the thread but wasnt the 47 supposed to be inspired from the comic look. I don't know for sure.

I read online somewhere that a mark 46 2.0 could be in the works. Language is in mandarin though. We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I just read that too... Will be considered a "deluxe" version much like 'buster... What else could they possibly include with it?

It's not like the 46 did anything earth shattering that there is a need for a 2.0.
The original release was damn near perfection for that suit.

Hot Toys really needs to start putting resources to getting out new characters and
finally releasing prototype figures before 2.0'ing stuff that has no need to be done.

Like where in the hell are Mantis and Nebula? Vulture? Okoye? Yellow Jacket? The freaking Black Order?
I would even be happy with something like an Odin 2.0 before more of this Iron Man rehash crap.

I realize they will milk this cow until it is nothing but skin and bones and turned inside out,
but at some point enough is enough. I for one want some VARIETY in my display.
Not just the same old damn thing over and over again.

Last edited:
It's not like the 46 did anything earth shattering that there is a need for a 2.0.
The original release was damn near perfection for that suit.

Hot Toys really needs to start putting resources to getting out new characters and
finally releasing prototype figures before 2.0'ing stuff that has no need to be done.

Like where in the hell are Mantis and Nebula? Vulture? Okoye? Yellow Jacket? The freaking Black Order?
I would even be happy with something like an Odin 2.0 before more of this Iron Man rehash crap.

I realize they will milk this cow until it is nothing but skin and bones and turned inside out,
but at some point enough is enough. I for one want some VARIETY in my display.
Not just the same old damn thing over and over again.

Exactly, Hot Toys needs to finish making the HPP. 15 Suits still need to be made.

I passed on 46 and kind of regret it as the movie was good and the armor has grown on me over time. No way I'll pay what it costs now but I don't feel they should be re-releasing stuff like this unless there is a better reason than grabbing at aftermarket money. I passed, there should be consequences.

I've only ever wanted to add 1 HT DC Iron Man to my HT Marvel collection. And was thinking it would finally be the MKIV as it's the closest to an iconic Comic Book design being all red and gold (I prefer the MK4 over the MK3, especially since the DC is tiny & I have the original BD version). Until I we saw this. I liked the 46 because of all the lights, and the 47 was cool, but didn't feel the "need" to have them. But seeing that armor in classic red and gold really is starting to make me think this is the version I should go with, although I've always preferred a round chest arc reactor.

My favorite movie design is the MK7, but I have both reg & BD versions. And i don't feel the need to upgrade to the DC, as then it will make my other HT IM figures look dated.. Plus the 7 is very close in design to the 4 when you remove his leg and shoulder pod pieces that have silver on them.

I hope this is still around for awhile as I procrastinate over this. I decided my priority will be SW so I put any other wants on the back burner, but with the aftermarket prices on the 46 & 47 I don't want to kick myself for passing up on this down the road.

Sometimes I hate collecting. :lol

Exactly, Hot Toys needs to finish making the HPP. 15 Suits still need to be made.

Why do that when they can slap paint an already existing mold and sell it for the same price? They just announced this, HB Deluxe and 43 reissue. I can't see them hitting any HPP stuff for a while.

Why do that when they can slap paint an already existing mold and sell it for the same price? They just announced this, HB Deluxe and 43 reissue. I can't see them hitting any HPP stuff for a while.

Last HPP armor that came out was Mark XXIII Shades. And that was Summer 2017!

Back