Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to reply but if you end up being able to do that, that would be great! The 47 is one of my faves and is always on my desk. The light up on the 46/47 are the best to me, especially since HT did the lenses on the eyes so well and actually went through the trouble of having ALL the light up sections have LEDs. It looks great with the lights off, but it's such a bummer to know that the lights in the torso aren't working.

Raikirik-Quick update for you:

Finally received a shipping notice from SS with (supposedly) a replacement torso which should arrive Monday (Feb 11). If they did in fact send a working, decently painted replacement torso, I PROMISE that I will try to find a way to open my old one and provide instructions for doing that without damaging the figure so you can fix your 47. I’m sure that my defective one will get fubared in the process but I am sure once I have it apart, I should be able to find the least “invasive” method for taking it apart. Stay tuned!

Hard to tell since I don't have many of these... are all these scratches and such intended to be battle damage? Paint defects? What I wouldn't have done for a nice clean suit on this. As a noob, I appreciate the insight, thanks!

I was the same with my first IM. It just shows how good the weathering and battle damage is. But you'll know when you get a paint chip because the undercoating is white. Chipped paint on diecast is dark grey/metal coloured.

chipped hand.jpg

Video review on this suit is up on the tube - some criticism is probably justified with this release. They should have just sold it as a repaint and not as figure based on a concept art of the Mark 45 (!) which looks in some parts totally different. Wonder what Ryan Meinerding really thought about this release. Personally I like it as a big fan of all Iron Man related collectibles, but the promotion and advertisement feels not right.

Just wanted to add my recommendation of this video - one of Andre's best and an example of how to do a figure review (not mentioning any names!).

Not only is there obvious preparation, rather than just making it up as you go along, but xenom0rph even takes the time to source the original concept art by Ryan Meinerding and compare it to the figure, which I haven't seen anyone else do. Top work and well worth a watch, even if you've seen enough on the figure.

Got mine yesterday, yay! Also got Neon Tech so opened up both these guys lat night. Both look great, paint job on the Concept Ironman looks awesome. Now to get them properly set up.
stJQ8Vs.jpg

3p8vqlf.jpg

butk0A4.jpg

r1bCWBy.jpg

Raikirik-Quick update for you:

Finally received a shipping notice from SS with (supposedly) a replacement torso which should arrive Monday (Feb 11). If they did in fact send a working, decently painted replacement torso, I PROMISE that I will try to find a way to open my old one and provide instructions for doing that without damaging the figure so you can fix your 47. I’m sure that my defective one will get fubared in the process but I am sure once I have it apart, I should be able to find the least “invasive” method for taking it apart. Stay tuned!

Thanks for keeping up with this! I'll be looking out for your post!

Idk if i should get this or wait for mark 50, help :(

I like the Mk 50 a lot. But it really depends.

If you’re a fan of the 46’s design, then this is your chance to get it.

If you just want one Iron Man figure in your collection, I’d rather have an actual movie suit. So the VII Diecast, IV Diecast, 50, or one of the Endgame suits.

If you like this color scheme with more gold, the Endgame suit is pretty similar from what has been leaked so far.

Im really starting to get frustrated with SS. Ive been waiting since the 23rd of last month to get a replacement for my Iron Man. All I need is the Return authorization and Ive been waiting for two weeks now to just get that print out. By the looks of things I wont be getting it till March.

Im really starting to get frustrated with SS. Ive been waiting since the 23rd of last month to get a replacement for my Iron Man. All I need is the Return authorization and Ive been waiting for two weeks now to just get that print out. By the looks of things I wont be getting it till March.

I hear ya. Still trying to get an order from late November resolved.

same here. the CS reply was wonderfully polite but it takes them almost a week to reply one email and still waiting after few days for a confirmation for replacement.

Idk if i should get this or wait for mark 50, help :(

If you haven't got the 46 or 47 you HAVE to get this in my opinion.

Though not my favourite suit, the 46/47/SE is probably the best engineered figure to date, with the possible exception of the Mark4/6. It's very solid, the heaviest of the regular sized figures and the best proportioned (It has the biggest helmet and hands of all the armours and it's possible to believe someone is actually inside, unlike say the 4/6 or 45 that have pin heads). It also has the best light up feature of all the IM figures if you're in to that. Even just putting in the 3 chest batteries will give you 13 lights!

That said, I think the 46 or 47 is a better purchase if you can find one, since it comes with more (the headsculpt is the best RDJ by a country mile) and a proper base - The tiny crotch grabber stands that HT has been supplying since the DC Mark 5 are a joke.

Regarding the Mark 50. I hated it at first but it's grown on me and I'm definitely getting it. It's still a fairly weak design in my opinion (the actual suit, not the Hot Toys version) Because the nano aspect means the armour is just smoother and less interesting to look at. There are two factors that might make it a better choice than the SE for you though: It was in a movie and the SE wasn't. It also comes with a decent pile of extras (including an RDJ headsculpt) plus the option to add even more with the accessory pack.

If I was in your position I would try to get a 46 or 47 first. I bought my 46 in a shop in October last year so they are still out there (I doubt I got the last one in the world), but I looked for a month and couldn't find the 47.

If you can't get either of those I would get the Special Edition. It's out and it's a good figure and you can enjoy it today. By the time the 50 launches the SE could be sold out (although I don't think it will be) and you might not like the 50.

Life is short, never postpone enjoyment.:)

13 on the body
4 on each arm
1 on each shoulder pad
3 on each leg
1 on helmet

30 all told.

Finally heard back from SS. I should be getting my replacement this week I hope. Its been well over a month now.

Back