Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. I'd almost lost the will to live by the time I'd finished shoehorning them all in (and that was doing the tape trick).

Really solid figure though.

This is my first so I didn't know what to expect, great figure though. I can only imagine what the Hulkbuster will take to put together.

I never even bother with the batteries and lights anymore to much of a pain in the you know what to put in then take back out. I just admire all of your hard work and great pictures.

4370E9FF-A0A8-4C6A-85FD-B98792AAD0B7.jpeg

I never even bother with the batteries and lights anymore to much of a pain in the you know what to put in then take back out. I just admire all of your hard work and great pictures.

Same here. I used to put them in at least once when I first received the figure to make sure the lights work. Way too tiresome though so I just don't bother anymore.

Just got mine, open the box and out falls a broken shoulder. Looks like the thread gave out on the tiny screw area and a wire was broken. [emoji35]
593ed95999bcc7b041e3a5f06da66828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got mine, open the box and out falls a broken shoulder. Looks like the thread gave out on the tiny screw area and a wire was broken. [emoji35]
593ed95999bcc7b041e3a5f06da66828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn that sucks. QC issues plaguing this and the recent Mark IV neon tech. Hope you can get a replacement.

I think the best design for these heavy figures is the single hook crotch grabber that came with the BvS Batman figures, Chitauri, War Machine Mk 1, Whiplash, etc. I do personally worry about some of my IM figures tipping over on these cheap crotch grabber stands—some of them just don’t have the tight ankles the others have. My Mk 5 doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere, while I do worry somewhat about my Mk 47. With the hook you can at least get it positioned close right underneath the figure and it’s sturdy enough to keep them upright if they start to tip any. I agree that in general the waist grabbers really are the worst and give me anxiety that it will cause paint rub, and tend not to use them at all on non-IM figures like Spider-Man or Deadpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t pose any of my figures with stands at all. I like them freestanding. Mark 47 is the most stable figure I own. He’s been freestanding for 9 months now and not 1 sign of movement. If the pose is done right there’s no chance of tipping.

Some of mine stand fine on there own but living in an earthquake prone area (had a small 3.6 just a couple hours ago) i stick with the stands for safety. Hulk, Spiderman, the Groots (adult, baby and teen) and Hulkbuster are the only figures that don't have on stands right now. Deadpool i do very extreme poses with so he needs it just for that reason, IM figures are in action poses and Doc Strange i have had floating in air with his legs crossed for months. So safety and unbalanced action poses are my reason for stands.

I use generic balck stands so they really don't stand out.

Last edited:
Same here. I have had over 60 armors on crotch grabbers in detolfs for years and haven never had a problem with stability. Plastic, diecast, even larger armors like Gamma and Red Snapper

I don’t pose any of my figures with stands at all. I like them freestanding. Mark 47 is the most stable figure I own. He’s been freestanding for 9 months now and not 1 sign of movement. If the pose is done right there’s no chance of tipping.

I think it’s partially luck of the draw, and you should consider yourself lucky. Some figures, like my die-cast Mk 5, WM Mk 1, and WM Mk 3 are solid as a rock and will never be going anywhere, stand or no stand. My Mk 47, however, has fairly loose ankles and I check it a couple times a week, making small adjustments as it slowly leans forward or back since I last checked. And my die-cast Mk 6 basically can’t stand at all without the waist grabber, though I tightened the screws at the ankles as much as possible, which helped slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have been caught up in the hype for this guy....he looks great, but I already have an original 46 and this one just.... I dunno he isn’t doing it for me right now. I’ll switch up the poses this weekend, might partner him with 10 Year Cap and see how that looks.

Back