Hot Toys MMS48 - Predator 2 - Predator Elder pics and spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New HT Predator 2 Elder pics and spec

This in my opinion, is still the greatest predator Hot Toys has made.

Agreed. I was just looking at mine on my shelf and thinking its gotta be the best they'd done. No open mandibles, no light up features, no mask, not even a trophy skull, yet its gotta be my favourite. I just really wish i could get the targeting laser added to the shoulder cannon on mine. Of all the mods people have done that's my favourite.

This in my opinion, is still the greatest predator Hot Toys has made.
it's the best head sculpt anyway. everything else from the neck down isn't that accurate.
and it's missing plenty of accessories it had in the movie. overall, i'd say the P1 is still the best.

it's the best head sculpt anyway. everything else from the neck down isn't that accurate.
and it's missing plenty of accessories it had in the movie.

You're right actually, its mainly the head sculpt i look at and go "this is the best pred they've done" but i do love the whole over all design of the character, which is probably partly why its my favourite. Well, its close between this and the P1. Even with its inaccuracies its still my favourite. Would still love to get it.....acccurate-ized?? :lol

Just had a thought, maybe Hot Toys could do a DX whereby the whole "two figure" thing is P2 elder and the P1. Two head scupts and bodies, one set of armour and a few of the extra stuff for making each accurate. :rotfl OK, maybe not.

You're right actually, its mainly the head sculpt i look at and go "this is the best pred they've done" but i do love the whole over all design of the character, which is probably partly why its my favourite. Well, its close between this and the P1. Even with its inaccuracies its still my favourite. Would still love to get it.....acccurate-ized?? :lol

Just had a thought, maybe Hot Toys could do a DX whereby the whole "two figure" thing is P2 elder and the P1. Two head scupts and bodies, one set of armour and a few of the extra stuff for making each accurate. :rotfl OK, maybe not.
nah, unless Predators makes a billion $$ in the box office like Dark Knight did, i don't see HT bothering with making a DX predator. but for the sake of argument, even if they did made a P1/Elder DX, it wouldn't look right since the accessories and color scheme are too different to combine them.

anyway, it depends on how accurized you'd want to get it. you'd need an entirely resculpted shoulder cannon mount and assembly with the led sights, several new trophy bones for the belts, the scabbard for it's sword, quills for it's face, and on top of all that it needs an entirely new body with the correct proportions and height and a more accurate paint app. i dunno if it's worth the hassle, i'd just wait and see if NECA makes theirs in 1:6 scale since they got most of all that stuff dead on. the only thing i've had done to mine is have the quills added to the face, and i think that's all i'm gonna bother with.

nah, unless Predators makes a billion $$ in the box office like Dark Knight did, i don't see HT bothering with making a DX predator. but for the sake of argument, even if they did made a P1/Elder DX, it wouldn't look right since the accessories and color scheme are too different to combine them.

anyway, it depends on how accurized you'd want to get it. you'd need an entirely resculpted shoulder cannon mount and assembly with the led sights, several new trophy bones for the belts, the scabbard for it's sword, quills for it's face, and on top of all that it needs an entirely new body with the correct proportions and height and a more accurate paint app. i dunno if it's worth the hassle, i'd just wait and see if NECA makes theirs in 1:6 scale since they got most of all that stuff dead on. the only thing i've had done to mine is have the quills added to the face, and i think that's all i'm gonna bother with.

Haha, yeah i know, a DX wouldnt even work, was just trying to be funny cos they're technically the same suit. Besides, im more than happy with my P1 and P2 Elder. Would still love to get a few things done to the elder though. Mainly the quills and the laser sight on the shoulder cannon. Wouldnt mind adding the sheath for that mental sword either. The rest, armour colour, P2 gauntlet housing, etc, i could live without.

Wow, having missed the HT elder, I would love NECA to release their eventual P2 elder in 1/6th.

wow. my necropost about armor painting resurrected the whole thread :)

Wow, having missed the HT elder, I would love NECA to release their eventual P2 elder in 1/6th.
yeah, NECA's is much more accurate anyway. and they're running out of excuses to not make larger-scale figures. this isn't 2003 and 6" figures don't really cut it anymore.

yeah, NECA's is much more accurate anyway. and they're running out of excuses to not make larger-scale figures. this isn't 2003 and 6" figures don't really cut it anymore.

Plus, it being a creature figure, it wouldn't look quite as noticeably low end when you put it next to a Hot Toys figure as say the Neca T-800 does next to the HT T-800 because of its rough skin texture and cheap paintjob.

You could probably get away with putting it next to the Hot Toys Lost predator and Guardian.

wow. my necropost about armor painting resurrected the whole thread :)

And im glad it did. lol. Its great seeing all these mods and such and just seeing people discuss this awesome figure again. Definitely one of my favs in my collection.

Imagine if this thread belatedly reached the hundred page mark as is more normal for Predator figure threads these days.

Definitive059eresize.jpg

Onward to 100 pages.....

dsc02576js9.jpg

Did anyone get one with the two lower mandibles centered instead with one crooked?

hottoyspredek6.jpg

The fact that this thread is only at 18 pages tells you about how well this figure was received when it was released.

My first pics i've uploaded on here, just from the camera on my phone. But its one step closer to a hundred pages. Haha. Just LOVE the head sculpt on this thing.

Back