1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

This figure was never on my radar but the softness does concern me with Dooku (possible purchase). Then again Dooku has wrinkles and HT’s manages to do well with wrinkles!! (fingers crossed)

Actually I'm more concerned with Qui-Gon, since the sculpt was already looking a bit too smooth and young to start with.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hmm. First impression is I think the details in the sculpt seem to have really been softened during production; even more so than what is usually the standard and expected. The likeness is still under there, but it’s really been diluted. The hair and beard seem to have really lost a lot of detail and almost come across as smooth looking. This was the only other PT figure I wanted in addition to Anakin, but now I’m not so certain. I don’t want to force myself to get it if it’s just not that good. But, in hand pictures and reviews are always the better pictures to go off of when making a decision, so we’ll see. No need to fret right now.

However, I’m still going to give the nod to the two Anakin figures as being the better figures at this time based on first impressions alone.

The softening and darker hair is almost normal for the proto to prod jump.....
It's not the proto either...but we all knew that wasn't going to happen, right? Look forward to more looks in the coming days....

Yup! i honestly don't see why anyone is surprised by this anymore AND why every time folks get all amped up over these early photos when usually once in hand pics come in usually everyone is happy in the end

The sculpt looks great here as the lip looks less pronounced. The in hand photo above looks much better too but the lip is noticeable again. I'm sure it'll look good on the shelf but the clothing is gonna need some serious loving and the boots firming to look less baggy! Pre-order has long been paid so for better or worse, I'm still looking forward to getting it.
ad5b691ae3b02777c6918a7b4f2ead67.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

QDLcS42.jpg

Beard detail definitely looks sharper here, promising.

Yeah, it is looking better in these last few photos.

It’s definitely lighting and angling with the pics that make the difference

This is not the best angle to shoot the figure

Funny, I commented on jc Hong ‘s post on instagram that it was not near the prototype, and he liked my comment.

As if he’s flat out admitting it. :lol

Funny, I commented on jc Hong ‘s post on instagram that it was not near the prototype, and he liked my comment.

Like = agree? No.

But really guys, this looks nothing like McGregor.

fargoc43105.jpg

You should ask jc Hong what the definition of "Coming Soon" means

I think it’s contingent on the length of time you’re dealing with. If you’re talking years, in a few months would certainly mean “soon”. If you’re talking a couple of weeks, in a few days would mean “soon.” :lol

IT'S NOT THIS!

The drop off with that figure from proto to production was one of the worst. The prototype looked about as perfect as it could for the time it came out, but after lipstick Anakin, the heavy flat beard on Obi-Wan was a huge miss.

That said, it's the one Sideshow figure I held onto through all my sales I needed to do, outside of Jabba and Bib Fortuna, love Episode III Obi-Wan, and at this point, I have the newest Sideshow Maul now, Hot Toys Jedi Luke, an amazing custom Vader, my 1/6 Star Wars collection rebuild has really worked out.

was thinking about getting this, but probably pass until I see videos of this in-hand. I am more selective lately, so if its not a home-run I can pass.

d2b5d58971214d5e72ed21e5de4116ae.jpg

Not my photo. Stole it from Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

516e4b51c1492b382a279562a22b6803.jpg

I can’t help but look at this and think he’s sticking his tongue out slightly. Weird but it still will be mine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These make me feel better.......

56262555_2318355884895381_7924038941123018752_n.jpg

56373602_2318355911562045_2768350402184216576_n.jpg

Those pictures are the only pictures I’ve seen where the final product sculpt looks fine. Hair coloring is still off, but the detail in those pics looks about the standard drop off from proto to production.

This is another good comparison.

View attachment 449468

giphy.gif

From certain angles it looks like his tongue is sticking out. I can't unsee it:slap

jaxtel.jpg

Back