1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

The final product photos for bearded characters, ie this, Panther, IW Cap all seem prone to looking odd around the mouth area, I suspect having at least something to do with the fact that a sculpted beard doesn’t react to light the same way as a real one made of tiny fine hairs, so it ends up looking like a weird-shaped jaw under certain conditions. But I don’t know much about photography, either.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I think this’ll be fine in hand. Per usual

Looks like the terrible black panther downgrade wasn't an isolated incident :lol

I hope it’s better in hand. It really does look like a knock off. Hopefully this just blogger pics strike again.

I was hoping for an improvement over the proto and not a step back, so this is a disappointment. I'm keeping my PO for now and hoping the in hand photos are better.

The preorder for this figure convinced me to get Anakin, and then preorder Dooku and Yoda. Hope I didn't make a big mistake!

Oh I don’t think so

f7ccf11484bb509058e528c810f169d6.jpg
just gonna keep on quoting this. It’s fantastic.

Has it softened? Yeah. Do all sculpts from ht soften? Yeah. Will this look amazing on the shelf? Yeah.

Jc Hong painted prototype sculpt vs mass produced sculpt.

It is what it is. It’s obi wan and it can’t get on my shelf quick enough.

I suppose if you don’t like it then you could buy the old sideshow. Other than that’s you’re **** out of luck.

I'll probably just lighten up the beard a little bit myself. A little light brown drywash will really help!

Has it softened? Yeah. Do all sculpts from ht soften? Yeah. Will this look amazing on the shelf? Yeah.

Jc Hong painted prototype sculpt vs mass produced sculpt.

It is what it is. It’s obi wan and it can’t get on my shelf quick enough.

I suppose if you don’t like it then you could buy the old sideshow. Other than that’s you’re **** out of luck.

Haha, thanks for the updates man. Looks good to me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll probably just lighten up the beard a little bit myself. A little light brown drywash will really help!

Yeah lightening up the hair and emphasizing the wrinkles a bit more should help make it look more like the proto again.

Can we get a side by side? It looks a bit soft but that could be due to lighting.

This looks fine to me except for one thing that I can't stop seeing. The bottom lip looks like it's his tongue sticking out in a lot of photos. Hopefully doesn't look like that in hand under normal lighting. :pfft:

This looks fine to me except for one thing that I can't stop seeing. The bottom lip looks like it's his tongue sticking out in a lot of photos. Hopefully doesn't look like that in hand under normal lighting. :pfft:

It'll just be the tache causing the top lip to be in shadow.
It will be fine in hand. That pic above is amazing.
I can't wait...

Jin Cheol Hong posted final production photos:

YJpuRVC.jpg

IPb7lsr.jpg

QDLcS42.jpg

Looks really good there. Maybe they should just stick with releasing JC Hong's pics of the final figure instead of these overly photoshopped blogger ones.

Distant shots make the lip look like his tongue sticking out too much. So better to do extreme close up pics

Not gonna worry over those first pics. Early reviewers are rarely the best at selling a figure likeness, especially when it involves human faces. Room for improvement, surely, but most of the reasons that make him look off are related to lighting.

The softening and darker hair is almost normal for the proto to prod jump. Robe looks like it took a hit, thin and cheap looking. HT seems to have a problem with these robes. Chintzy and too short like Anakin's. Not panicking, early photos right now. Hopefully some videos this weekend.

IT'S NOT THIS!

KENOBI DOLLS.jpg

It's not the proto either...but we all knew that wasn't going to happen, right? Look forward to more looks in the coming days....

This figure was never on my radar but the softness does concern me with Dooku (possible purchase). Then again Dooku has wrinkles and HT’s manages to do well with wrinkles!! (fingers crossed)

Back