1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Standard HT softening. Looks good.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Looks good but not perfect can't wait to get in my hands

Thanks for the infos Platty:clap

Looks a bit better in these shots, have to wait until we get the proper futzing and lighting shots.
fb4df7d7cb5366988f7afaec938b478f.jpg
f3723426b581fe0f219ff7cd92865ba3.jpg
f64ce2fe8cf523464f9ff33a5b155e77.jpg
17229031502008af74088b813f6d192e.jpg
e98f553e747538073b704aabd92c5993.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That’s the worst Luke I’ve ever seen! Looks just like Tom Cruise!!! Why can’t Hot Toys ever get him right!!!

Well, maybe. HT spoiled me, it's their fault. Now i will always expect Yondu level outcome.

I'm with you Futurion. I just looked at the Instagram pics and thought ohhhh the guys on the thread won't be happy with that.

It's not a good likeness.

And yep I have Yondu and that's also what I've come to expect. Still I'm not collecting Prequel figures. I'm just here out of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good, wish they hadn't darkened the hair as much though.

Still excited

Blogger pics always terrible, ,memba dat?

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I think the Photoshop and the filters which that blogger is using are definitely softening the likeness. In some of the plainer pictures, the likeness looks great.

Softer than the prototype but I still see Ewan without issues. I’m happy enough.

I know blogger pics and all, but that is a major league softening of the sculpt. Not near the anakin sculpt in terms of quality. I hope better pics turn up.

Plenty of these figures are shot with professional techniques, I get not panicking over initials photos but they're not all guys with iPhones, the sculpt detail definitely softened, I've never seen so much though, almost looks like if someone bootlegged the actual head.

Now I’m worried about dooku and krennic as far as sculpt softening.

Jesus, I know these are early pics, but I hope it looks a lot better than that in hand, because right now I'm really disappointed with what I'm seeing... :dunno

And what is going on with his bottom lip? Hope that's just been exaggerated by a lens effect, because it jumps out as a real eyesore to me in the pics so far.

You guys are real hard to please!

And some might argue that maybe some people are too easily pleased. Expecting a certain level of quality at this price point, knowing full well what hot toys are capable of delivering, is not being unduly demanding in my view.

I'm not one to panic, I know these are early pics, but I've been at this long enough to get a feel for how something looks to be going, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this one now.

Should have passed this. I might cancel my preorder despite NRD. But will wait for in hand reviews.

Plenty of these figures are shot with professional techniques, I get not panicking over initials photos but they're not all guys with iPhones, the sculpt detail definitely softened, I've never seen so much though, almost looks like if someone bootlegged the actual head.

Yeah it really does look like one of those overly soft knockoff heads on eBay. I still see enough of McGregor in some shots though, so if those are representative of what this really looks like then that might be enough for me to keep my order.

Yeah it really does look like one of those overly soft knockoff heads on eBay. I still see enough of McGregor in some shots though, so if those are representative of what this really looks like then that might be enough for me to keep my order.

For me the softness doesn't impact the likeness, but in all the time I'd hoped for a Hot Toys Obi-Wan from ROTS or AOTC, it was with the hope that their sharp, fine details would really do his beard justice where Sideshow came out far too heavy on ROTS. I can't swing this full figure but I was looking to potentially buy the loose head to update my Sideshow. I'm hoping for more close up shots that really show the detail level on this, right now nothing has swayed me that it's worth another $40 on a tight budget to replace my Sideshow head with this, no doubt it's still better than Sideshow even if softer than the prototype, but I'm limited in the collectibles I can buy and there's a threshold where I'd feel it's worth giving up that money from something else to get the portrait.

I think the hair and beard being too dark is the main reason why it looks off.

Back