1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

It's cool that people who want this version (be it a proxy for inaccessible older versions, a generic representation of classic Loki, or simply a figure of individuals' preferred look from the film) will apparently get to own it, but the fact remains: people who dig the green and gold already have two options in existence. They may be expensive now (or at least one of them), but at least they exist. I think we'd all be hard pressed to believe that we'll see Loki in blue and yellow again, so this was the only chance to own a version of him that was conspicuously different. Sure, the helmet never appeared with his blue ensemble in the film, but the majority of the plot took place on Sakaar, so that's the version of Loki that had the most interesting interactions with the other characters anyway. I absolutely loved Agent of Asgard, so I actually like the green, semi-helmeted look. But for once, I think an inaccurate-but-sensical hybrid like the one HT showed at conventions is preferable. Look at that group photo -- Loki doesn't pop anymore; the vibrancy of the entire line suffers without his yellow. The film prides itself on its vibrancy. I'm still holding out hope that everyone will get what they want, but if this ends up being our only version, then monotony will have won again, and don't we all already deal with enough moments where we have no choice but to answer repetition with a sigh? Oh well -- I guess this is another one. Cheers (sincerely) to those who preferred the green; collectors are a community, so if most of you wanted green, then I guess we have to register it as a majority victory.

Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Where the hell are the pictures?

Is this a lost cause? Or are they waiting until it gets closer to IW or something?

Is this a lost cause? Or are they waiting until it gets closer to IW or something?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a lot of the unreleased characters we have seen will get rolled out with Infinity War. Most of their looks are going to carry through at this rate for said characters (Loki, Valkyrie, Gamora, Drax). It is probably wise to bring them in when they are hyped up again.

I think Loki would sell well, even if they release a Ragnarok version, then an IW version (I think Loki would have a bad fate in IW ^^)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a lot of the unreleased characters we have seen will get rolled out with Infinity War. Most of their looks are going to carry through at this rate for said characters (Loki, Valkyrie, Gamora, Drax). It is probably wise to bring them in when they are hyped up again.

Agreed, that would make sense, especially as it looks as though there isn't any variation in their outfits. Kinda glad in a way if this does happen as my purse needs the rest! :lol

Considering how well this movie was received, I am beyond shocked that Loki and Valkyrie have not gone up for PO.

Pretty disappointing.

He could go up this week. I think Black Panther will be this week's pre-order though.

"By the Eternal Flame, you are reborn!"

Here comes the Marvel fans' favorite God of Mischief! The 1/6th scale collectible figure of this beloved trickster will soon be revealed.

What’s more, with the upcoming Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War from the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe, Hot Toys will definitely have more incredible collectibles to come! Stay tuned for more exciting Hot Toys updates!

#Marvel #HotToys #MCU #Loki #TomHiddleston #HappyBirthday
FB_IMG_1518162526523.jpg

Last edited:

I’m in love

I love waking up to news from HT. can't wait for this one.

Definitely curious to see the final product. I wonder how it will compare to the first Avengers figure.

Hopefully it still includes the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Definitely getting this now. The Surtur skull is too good to pass over.

Maybe it will also come with the fancy fire pedestal/pit (I don't know the actual name for those) for the eternal flame. Would make for an interesting display option.

Hopefully it still includes the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Yeah, since a lot of us have Roadworn Thor. Maybe there will be a deluxe version with all the accessories. Still, the skull is so awesome don't mind having a second version.

:yess: :yess: Great to see that he will be released, I had almost given up!! :rock As it's Loki - my favourite Marvel character, this will more than likely be a definite pre-order for me! Looking forward to seeing more pics soon, especially of the head sculpt :)

nice announcement for Tom Hiddleston's birthday btw

Back