1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

I’ll stick with my Dark World version. Also, no casket of ancient winters.

I just watched Ragnarok last night and this is pretty much what TH looks like in the film. I think it's the serious, battle ready expression that HT has given him that's making it look a tad off. Loki's the God of Mischief, and Hiddleston captures that perfectly when he's sporting a sly grin and has that twinkle in his eye. I wish they had tried to capture that in the sculpt...

Courtesy of budget stark

5AC5A436-450F-4F13-877F-7644E1D1CDC8.jpeg

To me this is like DW Loki but with a helmet this time. It's good, I like it, but it's no A1.

Definitely looks better with the helmet on... I really don't like that it looks like he's pursing his lips. What a weird thing to add to a sculpt.

Helmet on is better. He looks better in person in those Budget Stark photos

Considering how expensive and hard to find A1 Loki is, I may actually jump on this. If it didn't have Surtur's skull or the tesseract I wouldn't even bother, but everything included makes it worth while for me. Depending on price of course.

It only looks ok from a low half-profile angle.
Helmet only helps slightly by eliminating those weird cheeks, but the rest is still wonky.

"The Avengers" version is still superior, even if undersized a bit.

I like him way better than the dark world version so I'm getting him. The Original is too much money now and I think the sculpt is overall better than both in general. Like others have said, this is POSSIBLY it for Loki figures. Get this one or there maybe no more. In fact, with the exception of a few obvious ones that will have guaranteed repeats soon(Spider-Man, black panther, dr. strange, some of the Guardians) this maybe the last time we get SEVERAL Avengers characters. Some of them may not even make it to Avengers 4. We'll see.

It only looks ok from a low half-profile angle.
Helmet only helps slightly by eliminating those weird cheeks, but the rest is still wonky.

"The Avengers" version is still superior, even if undersized a bit.

I agree A1 is better compared to this prototype. But this is better then the DW version, I think. It’s a Loki with a cape and helmet which is a must. And for those that missed the A1 version this isn’t so bad. And Tom hiddleston has a weird face man, for sculpting. Half the time he looks 40 and half the time he like 15. Just makes it harder to fully capture.

Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Do they... do they even know what Tom Hiddleston looks like? I mean, after three tries they still can’t get it right. It does look better with the helmet but hopefully they will overhaul the sculpt significantly before release. If they can do that then I am in for sure, but we’ll see.

Glad to have the Avengers version, at least. And to be fair, that figure also really only looks good with the helmet on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the problem is with the eyes, looks generic, idk

So I have a feeling that since this only comes with one head sculpt, they made that one headsculpt to look sort of “squished” for the helmet like a real head would do which is why the sculpt looks off without the helmet

At least that’s how it’s working in my brain

I just watched Ragnarok last night and this is pretty much what TH looks like in the film. I think it's the serious, battle ready expression that HT has given him that's making it look a tad off. Loki's the God of Mischief, and Hiddleston captures that perfectly when he's sporting a sly grin and has that twinkle in his eye. I wish they had tried to capture that in the sculpt...

That's exactly my problem with it. Thor Ragnarok was a comedy and he's always got the lines and smirks. He should have had a sly smile, not this stoic/stern look.

It's just odd to show this new weird sculpt after SDCC17 where the figure looked nice with the old one.

1125x682_previewbanner_903106_HTLoki.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with the sculpt. And it is better than the Avengers sculpt you guys are on crack. I'm taking a stand here yes sir.

Back