Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its VERY rare a figure is unobtainable at retail if you wait....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Mostly true, it sorta depends on what you collect and if you are willing to wait a really long time for an end of the rainbow eBay deal. There are some recent Marvel figures that have doubled almost overnight and some other figures that have gone up a good bit. That said I also have saved a good bit of money waiting out certain toys but lately I have grown impatient waiting even longer than the standard 12ish months.

Also sometimes waiting another 3-9 months on a figure will net you 20-30 bucks off....was it worth it? These days for me the answer is no.

Just my thoughts

Hot Toys just paid to obtain the Matrix License rights so it would make sense that they would try to make more than one figure from the line. I would think since a prototype of Agent Smith was shown that it will be released. I would imagine Neo from Reloaded and/or Revolutions would also be made.

What it really comes down to is how well Neo sells. The License has been paid for but if a figure doesn't sell well from the line then why would you want to risk wasting money and resource making another figure from that line? That being said, I don't think is going to be a problem for this figure (unless there are ALOT of people out there waiting for Agent Smith to decide to get this figure).

I saw this custom figure on FB. He looks perfect, except for the color of the suit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just got mine a few days ago. My first hot toys in 8 years.

He is an awesome figure. I don't regret getting him and I would get Trinity also.

e1c21a8079214fc68f5de4b1708dbd3b.jpg

Gesendet von meinem F5321 mit Tapatalk

Well, he's still available at Sideshow right now. I imagine he will go quickly. Small run no doubt. That's why there's no Smith.

But then, do I really want him if there's no other character to go with him? That's my dilemma. Just having Neo feels very incomplete to me for The Matrix.

I will keep my PO for now (as you said, just in case). Curious to see how his arrival affects prices on ebay. There's going to be a lot of small retailers and e-tailors who have 6-10 of these and will have trouble unloading them quickly I think. Plus there will be cancelations... like mine potentially.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two options. The first option leads to the source, Sideshow's order page and the assurance of receiving the Hot Toys Neo Figure.

The second option leads back to Ebay, to inflated prices initially and then possible stabilization and even discounts.

As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors
that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: the figure may indeed have a smaller run, and if you risk passing on it initially, there is nothing that you can do to stop from paying a higher premium later on.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two options. The first option leads to the source, Sideshow's order page and the assurance of receiving the Hot Toys Neo Figure.

The second option leads back to Ebay, to inflated prices initially and then possible stabilization and even discounts.

As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors
that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: the figure may indeed have a smaller run, and if you risk passing on it initially, there is nothing that you can do to stop from paying a higher premium later on.

Brilliant!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Got Neo a couple of days ago and like him. That’s the good news.

Bad news is that I was a little careless when getting his sunglasses out of the box and putting them on, as I pressed too hard in a moment of distraction and broke them.

Further good news is that I’ve managed to glue them and they look OK unless you look very closely :) but when I go to stand him up, they slide off. Are they Ok staying on if not broken?

:lol

No, not mine, but I’ve got the Iminime suit and it can photograph like this

What color is it in hand?

you won't get a better deal off ebay. the guy's sold out most places better keep your PO at least you have a chance to get it, or cancel it if you can secure a in stock deal of similar price as your preorder.

Not sure about most places but plenty of availability still e.g. Sideshow, BBTS, Timewalker, razorsedge.

Well played :clap

Omg... I had some time to take some shots. So much fun! This figure is special!
9d603ce3844d445ddff05e5feb1acb39.jpg
e037bc86e0169218a87bb41042398127.jpg
8d6d86f379552b67db8e8dd85fc12446.jpg
e0e27248f351833c06a535d922f56e73.jpg
1c30bb693c0552e014e51f084c1190d6.jpg

Gesendet von meinem F5321 mit Tapatalk

Back