Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont see “early notice week” on any of my calendars....
;)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You're not reading the matrix correctly, then... :wink1:

Matrix giphy.jpg

I can't decide whether to keep my BBTS order or cancel. It's my last PO with BBTS and I must be down at the bottom of their "delivery list" so I'd be lucky to get this in March. I also think I might get a better deal on ebay. Decisions...

I can't decide whether to keep my BBTS order or cancel. It's my last PO with BBTS and I must be down at the bottom of their "delivery list" so I'd be lucky to get this in March. I also think I might get a better deal on ebay. Decisions...

I had cancelled my Dead Pool 2 for that same reason. I preordered the day it came up and wasn't getting any shipping notifications that it was shipping anytime soon. I reached out to customer support when other friends started receiving them and Sideshow said they would be receiving another batch but mentioned it would be weeks and I still may not even be on the list for that batch. I ended up ordering on ebay and saving the $20 I woulda paid at Sideshow for shipping. Got the figure two days later.

I'm not sure if their "delivery list" goes wonky because it's not the first time that happened.

Well yeah, now, but I mean after it drops. Once its been on ebay for a month or two after all retailers have received their stock, then prices are usually at their lowest on ebay.

Hell, even retail with eBay's bi-monthly 15% off code would be great.

I see, knowledge IS a curse. Now your dilemma is my dilemma. Thanks, Wor. Thank you very much.

you won't get a better deal off ebay. the guy's sold out most places better keep your PO at least you have a chance to get it, or cancel it if you can secure a in stock deal of similar price as your preorder.

you won't get a better deal off ebay. the guy's sold out most places better keep your PO at least you have a chance to get it, or cancel it if you can secure a in stock deal of similar price as your preorder.

Well, he's still available at Sideshow right now. I imagine he will go quickly. Small run no doubt. That's why there's no Smith.

But then, do I really want him if there's no other character to go with him? That's my dilemma. Just having Neo feels very incomplete to me for The Matrix.

I will keep my PO for now (as you said, just in case). Curious to see how his arrival affects prices on ebay. There's going to be a lot of small retailers and e-tailors who have 6-10 of these and will have trouble unloading them quickly I think. Plus there will be cancelations... like mine potentially.

Well, he's still available at Sideshow right now. I imagine he will go quickly. Small run no doubt. That's why there's no Smith.

But then, do I really want him if there's no other character to go with him? That's my dilemma. Just having Neo feels very incomplete to me for The Matrix.

I will keep my PO for now (as you said, just in case). Curious to see how his arrival affects prices on ebay. There's going to be a lot of small retailers and e-tailors who have 6-10 of these and will have trouble unloading them quickly I think. Plus there will be cancelations... like mine potentially.

Neo is the One! One figure! Of course I'd like more but the One makes me happy.

:D

But you will thank me if you get this shipped free for under $200 or less.

It's a gamble -- patience -- but it does payoff more often than not.

It really does. Patience is the key. Plus waiting a while give you a heads up on potential issues once the proto is shown.

So much of the price increases we are seeing is due to the “gotta have it right away” mentality.

Ebay nets me alot of figures under retail.

Case and point BTTF Doc Brown was spotted for 195 retail new recently.

Waiting it out gets you burned every once in awhile though. Then you either have to live without or pay the price and there goes a lot of the past savings.

Plus waiting really sucks. Especially when you have already waited 9-15 months already.

I don't want to take any chances with Neo. Iron Man, or any other MCU character, fine...every year there's a new updated version, but Neo, he's...an anomaly :)D), he's ONE :)D) of a kind, so I don't want to miss out on him. Maybe the figure will be another Crow, Tonto, Sweeny Todd or Jack Sparrow, and not sell out, but I'm not...an oracle :)D), can't see the future. What to do? The problem is....choice :)D). :lol

I don't want to take any chances with Neo. Iron Man, or any other MCU character, fine...every year there's a new updated version, but Neo, he's...an anomaly :)D), he's ONE :)D) of a kind, so I don't want to miss out on him. Maybe the figure will be another Crow, Tonto, Sweeny Todd or Jack Sparrow, and not sell out, but I'm not...an oracle :)D), can't see the future. What to do? The problem is....choice :)D). :lol

That’s why I grabbed him from HK. Too much of a wild card, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting it out gets you burned every once in awhile though. Then you either have to live without or pay the price and there goes a lot of the past savings.

Plus waiting really sucks. Especially when you have already waited 9-15 months already.

Its VERY rare a figure is unobtainable at retail if you wait....

Back