Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are people really feeling like a Reloaded Neo won't happen? There's a custom outfit run right now that I'm tempted to jump into, but it still feels a bit early to me to give up on the idea of a HT version and sink $400 into a custom figure. As much as I really want that Reloaded outfit.
Mind sharing the info for the custom run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why folks like to crow whenever a custom figure gets a production run release. As if they are somehow geniuses because they didn't have to spend as much. Sure there's a risk involved in buying a custom I suppose. You never know what's going to get produced or knocked off. For years the only way to have a good Neo was by building or buying a custom. I was very happy with the Iminime (it was about $600 at the time), which still holds up rather well. I also bought the Hot Toys, which is a great upgrade. Neither has gotten the head sculpt quite right, but the glasses help. I still have Kato's Morpheus and Jnix's Trinity, which weren't cheap. I absolutely hope HT produces both of those characters. If so I will upgrade as well. So what if I don't get my money back? The customs will have served their purposes as placeholders. I may eventually sell for what I can get or hold onto them for posterity.

Agreed. I haven't been won over enough by any of the customs or 3rd party Smiths to justify. Morpheus would be great. I have the Kato but it's probably 8 years old and I never got a sword. Plus could use an upgraded head sculpt. I'd also like to see the Twins. Persephone and Merovingian would be fantastic but doubt we'd ever see those.

i agree. just look at fight club customs, despite the superior Blitzway version, the custom version still commands a high price.

I got my Neo today and both his neck and wrists were wrapped in plastic. Hot Toys must know that there is a problem with both staining.

Every release has had that lately....

One a fun note TimeWalker has shipped my Neo!

And as USUAL I will be out of town when he arrives....

This is 6/6 for my Hot Toys purchases....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

My Neo is on order with BBTS... so I'm not even gonna try and guess when they might send it. It'll just show up when it shows up. :lol

Mine as well. I still haven't cancelled it, although I've been hunting elsewhere.

Not only will it take months longer then everyone else, I've cancelled all my preorders there except this one (my last with them) so I'm certain I'm on the naughty list and likely won't even get this because they will run out like they did to people on Yondu.

I'm in a similar boat, leaning towards other retailers or eBay as the sales tax apocalypse looms over CA lol. I have him and Dr. Strange preordered at BBTS, so definitely want both of those, but may move some future ones or not get at all. I'll still use BBTS for lots of other smaller purchases like NECA stuff though I think.

Mine as well. I still haven't cancelled it, although I've been hunting elsewhere.

Not only will it take months longer then everyone else, I've cancelled all my preorders there except this one (my last with them) so I'm certain I'm on the naughty list and likely won't even get this because they will run out like they did to people on Yondu.

Yeah I know, I've cancelled quite a few with them lately so was hoping to at least keep this order so as to stay in their good graces. But after that and 1/4 Vader (which I've already committed to with the NRD) I'll definitely be cutting back. As the $4 shipping just isn't worth having to wait so long for them to even get the figures.

The wait is something I don't really mind too much, I get to read about any issues that others are having first if anything and could really cancel if the item turns out to be a total POS. It's more that there's some savings elsewhere, those 10-15% off eBay coupons spoiled me for a few releases, they've stopped for now though, so maybe I'll stick it out with them until the tax thing hits hard.

Neo1.jpg

Been playing around with my Neo, loving this guy.

Did anyone see that email from sideshow? The Fishburne pic was taken at Sideshow, not at HT headquarters.

I know they're partners, so it still may mean something. Maybe.

The wait is something I don't really mind too much, I get to read about any issues that others are having first if anything and could really cancel if the item turns out to be a total POS. It's more that there's some savings elsewhere, those 10-15% off eBay coupons spoiled me for a few releases, they've stopped for now though, so maybe I'll stick it out with them until the tax thing hits hard.

where do you get the coupons and are they usable for anything within the categories? i have a few but more on gardening/electronics which i don't use. is game even under electronics?

Did anyone see that email from sideshow? The Fishburne pic was taken at Sideshow, not at HT headquarters.

I know they're partners, so it still may mean something. Maybe.

I've already asked Titus Welliver if he was approving a HT Morpheus there. Titus is mates with Fishburne and brought him to Sideshow.

That sales tax thing sucks....

Its going to hurt my online purchases (and sales).

I think its going to do more to hurt sales than generate revenue for the “hurting” states....

I think its going to hurt ebay quite a bit. That 10-20% coupon seems to have dried up.

where do you get the coupons and are they usable for anything within the categories? i have a few but more on gardening/electronics which i don't use. is game even under electronics?

Last year they starting doing coupons that would be good for like 9-12 hours generally that were 10-15% off (and twice 20% off) practically anything besides currency and gift cards I think. I watch some deal sites or I'd see them posted on toy message boards when they go up. eBay sends out emails too, do you get like the eBay bucks emails/offers?

That sales tax thing sucks....

Its going to hurt my online purchases (and sales).

I think its going to do more to hurt sales than generate revenue for the “hurting” states....

I think its going to hurt ebay quite a bit. That 10-20% coupon seems to have dried up.

Yeah basically it'll be like having to use a coupon or eBay bucks deals to negate the tax or get 2% off.

Back