Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also got the BBTS processing notice.

That was relatively fast. Now the 10-day shipping wait for me, once they do send it out. Glad I kept my order -- looks like Neo is becoming harder to find at retail.

My one chief complaint with HTs is they started off doing military figs, yet 10 years later and not a single figure of theirs has ever had a proper, realistic pistol grip hand. Just take a moment to try and hold you remote like a gun, now try and do it like a hot toys hand. It's really pathetic

If you closely watch the movie as he walks through the lobby’s metal detector you can clearly see the same strap that holds them up, but movie editing 101, it disappears when he holds them to shoot the security guards, it was there but it magically disappears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for closely watching movies! Thats crazy! Gonna check that out!

So if we want to MP5 on the thighs , the handguns in the waist, and the uzi’s in his hand?
(Or the Ar-15?)

Whats the best movie scene accurate setup in your opinion?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I am all for closely watching movies! Thats crazy! Gonna check that out!

So if we want to MP5 on the thighs , the handguns in the waist, and the uzi’s in his hand?
(Or the Ar-15?)

Whats the best movie scene accurate setup in your opinion?
My one chief complaint with HTs is they started off doing military figs, yet 10 years later and not a single figure of theirs has ever had a proper, realistic pistol grip hand. Just take a moment to try and hold you remote like a gun, now try and do it like a hot toys hand. It's really pathetic
Its kinda cool that now the police and FBI etc....at least use a proper grip, finger off the trigger on the guard on most films and TV

I was watching Beverly Hill Cop recently and laughing at the police walking around with triggers fingers...

They've made some decent hands for Star Wars figures, I dunno why they seemed to default back to ancient ***tty ones for Neo.

Rewatched the lobby scene today. They definitely shorted us a couple of handguns for the shoulder holsters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They gave us more than enough.
He's supposed to have four Berettas on him for the lobby scene, although he only uses two there and uses the other two when he gets to the roof. He has two in the shoulder holsters and two tucked into his pants when he opens his jacket after going through the metal detector. The second M16 Hot Toys threw in isn't needed and should have been two more Beretta 92s. He doesn't use more than one M16 in either the lobby scene or the rooftop scene. He throws away the lobby M16 before getting on the elevator, and the one he uses on the rooftop is identical.

Nice reviews guys! One thing I'm noticing though is how fake and plasticky the guns all seem to look. Think I might try adding a bit of weathering to mine.

Yeah particularly the MP5 imo. he M16 looks nice though.

That might be because Hot Toys has reused the same oversized MP5K model since their first "Neo" figure released 18 years ago.
The first time I noticed was with the Resident Evil: Afterlife Alice figure in 2011 and I compared the two MP5Ks, they're identical.
I'm hoping that HT created a new model for this release knowing how bad and cheap that original model looked.
I'll see for myself soon, mine will arrive on Friday, but I won't get to open until my birthday next week.

He's supposed to have four Berettas on him for the lobby scene, although he only uses two there and uses the other two when he gets to the roof. He has two in the shoulder holsters and two tucked into his pants when he opens his jacket after going through the metal detector. The second M16 Hot Toys threw in isn't needed and should have been two more Beretta 92s. He doesn't use more than one M16 in either the lobby scene or the rooftop scene. He throws away the lobby M16 before getting on the elevator, and the one he uses on the rooftop is identical.
Exactly...

i realy dont like figues with fabric clothes. i always feel they have something wrong. i also dont belive hey its looks better in hand thing. just buy this figure because i am huge fan of movie. but damn its really looks much better than videos in hand.

Exactly...

ok, so what are we suppose to tuck into the shoulder holster since all 4 short guns already have their places (2 front pants, 2 side pants, 2 back pants).

ok, so what are we suppose to tuck into the shoulder holster since all 4 short guns already have their places (2 front pants, 2 side pants, 2 back pants).
I put the uzi's in mine but you should have 2 more beretta's to go there, as S. Griffin stated

Nice reviews guys! One thing I'm noticing though is how fake and plasticky the guns all seem to look. Think I might try adding a bit of weathering to mine.

I was kind of figuring they're totally brand new guns as far as the movie goes since they're just whipping them out of nowhere in the Matrix.

So if we add 2 berettas we'd be fully good? Even though he throws one M16 away, the other should be in the bag, so he's got 2 on him when he enters the building right?

So if we add 2 berettas we'd be fully good? Even though he throws one M16 away, the other should be in the bag, so he's got 2 on him when he enters the building right?
IIRC the second M16 comes from a guard they shot, and actually has a different tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back