Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you'll like the Morpheus figure, Wor-Gar. Then you'll turn your attention to the replacement tie.

[emoji23]

If you leave the Morpheus jacket ?buttoned up? like in the woman in the red dress scene, no need for the replacement tie.

Its nice to finally have this in hand... after the odd 13 day hold at LAX. I have a feeling that is going to become more common place now.

Anyway, the figure is a pleasant surprise as everyone has said. Here's my quick non-futzed thoughts:

The sculpt is not bad at all. A little wide eyed seeming, but I plan to have the glasses on so no worries there. That said, the eyes are painted evenly and cleanly which is nice. With a high-priced professional paintjob, this sculpt would really shine.

The purple suit is very nice. Impressed me more than I thought. The shoes are a little soft and dull, and the purple tie is all kinds of wrong. Happy I have my replacement on the way. Money well spent I think.

And the crocodile coats -- both of them -- are very supple and look terrific. Should be fun to pose with the wire. I'm still confused how the 'closed jacket' will work. Seems like there is only one magnet in that jacket -- is there supposed to be more?

The box is beautiful -- I love the image of Morpheus that changes with the light. A little hidden secret.

All in all, despite the delays, I'm very happy with this Spiritual Leader. I hope they do the same justice to Trinity... and maybe give a go to Smith.

That's great to hear!

Throw in the added bonus of the low price and one starts to wonder what the true overhead/profit margin is for 1/6 figures...

I agree that the shoes are probably the worst feature of the figure. While the tie is the wrong color, at least it looks good. The shoes will need replacement or at the very least, a high gloss finish added.

So are Trinity and Agent Smith pre-ordered yet?... :wink1:

No POing for me...

On the Morpheus shoes, I' going for Matrix 1 Morpheus and he didn't have the shiny crocodile shoes yet. He had what look to be leather Wallabys. So the sculpt is probably OK on the shoes but I'd prefer something a little better for sure.

I do like the croc shoes though. Who knows... I might very well end up with a Matrix 2 Morpheus because I like the purple vest and shiny shoes too...

That's great to hear!

Throw in the added bonus of the low price and one starts to wonder what the true overhead/profit margin is for 1/6 figures...

I agree that the shoes are probably the worst feature of the figure. While the tie is the wrong color, at least it looks good. The shoes will need replacement or at the very least, a high gloss finish added.

So are Trinity and Agent Smith pre-ordered yet?... :wink1:

I feel like licensing costs are more than we think; I think I've heard like 15-25% maybe in the past? That's a huge margin.

How much is Morpheus? Substantially more than Neo? Any idea why?

Morpheus was $160 retail or so; Trinity is $190 (from another company but has a Phicen body), and Smith is around $125ish. Neo is $130ish.

I don't know why Morpheus was a lot, maybe the coats? Smith comes with 2 heads and I would've assumed that was the highest cost element, but he's the cheapest figure.

Yeah, and I missed that $160 early price on Morpheus. Got it for $170. Seems to be rising other places now.

I hope the KOs don't start raising their price too and creep toward that $200 mark. I suppose its inevitable though.

image0.jpeg

Anyone interested in a screen accurate Morpheus tie shoot me a DM for details. Only have one.

"The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Something as simple as the correct tie can make a big difference.

IMG_1008 sm.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh..... very nice.

Mine was supposed to be here yesterday... but once again my delivery is delayed. 4th time this year... which is amazing because I've had maybe 4 delays in the last 10 years total. Coronadelays.

The original tie was easy to remove, as it has an elastic band in the back. But the new one doesn't so a pair of tweezers and some patience is required to get it in and around the shirt collar. Then some fiddling with the knot to get it looking good. But once done, it really makes a big difference, as it pops out and is more accurate.

Back