1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty familiar with the director, and movies like Boy and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are downright silly at times. But also have strong dramatic cores that work really well. Then there is a movie like What We Do In Shadows, which is just pure comedy and fun. We'll see!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty familiar with the director, and movies like Boy and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are downright silly at times. But also have strong dramatic cores that work really well. Then there is a movie like What We Do In Shadows, which is just pure comedy and fun. We'll see!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm scared :lol. I'm praying that there won't be downright silliness but a well balanced comedy that we've seen in most of the other movies. I can see that tone of comedy that he used in the Thor roommate shorts already bleeding into the trailer, but I'm hoping it ends at the trailer and doesn't infect the movie. That whole comedic tone from the shorts is pulling the character too far away from the personality that has already been established. But yup, we will see!

Pre-ordered my first Thor! Woohooo!!
Got the regular version though...I am just not that into the extra accessories. Rather get a mjolnir off ebay instead.

Excited! Been waiting for a Thor in my collection and somehow never really liked any of them. I am not a fan of the comic and I think this ver of Thor is the one I really want to get.

I will prob get a mjolnir and replace the screwdriver with it...not movie accurate but whatever, its my collection! Hehe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered my first Thor! Woohooo!!
Got the regular version though...I am just not that into the extra accessories. Rather get a mjolnir off ebay instead.

Excited! Been waiting for a Thor in my collection and somehow never really liked any of them. I am not a fan of the comic and I think this ver of Thor is the one I really want to get.

I will prob get a mjolnir and replace the screwdriver with it...not movie accurate but whatever, its my collection! Hehe

Agreed! It's also my first Thor and I also wasn't too big of the previous Thor figures. I shall get the deluxe version and also the infinity war Thor as well

I'm scared :lol. I'm praying that there won't be downright silliness but a well balanced comedy that we've seen in most of the other movies. I can see that tone of comedy that he used in the Thor roommate shorts already bleeding into the trailer, but I'm hoping it ends at the trailer and doesn't infect the movie. That whole comedic tone from the shorts is pulling the character too far away from the personality that has already been established. But yup, we will see!

Yea, we'll see and I am not going to jump to conclusions before I do see it, but I am a little concerned too. The Thor movie's never really found their own strong distinctive voice, so I see a need for something new and different. But, I worry that not only will they might go a bit too far for the sake of humor but the film might try too hard to be Guardians of the Galaxy rather than it's own thing because they aren't sure what Thor's "thing" is anymore. Still their are plenty of promising moments from the trailer's so we will see.

Agreed! It's also my first Thor and I also wasn't too big of the previous Thor figures. I shall get the deluxe version and also the infinity war Thor as well
I might get IW Thor headsculpt! Or the whole figure if its different enough. But there are too many heroes for IW, and I tend to collect only one ver for each hero. But def cant wait to see that line up. It will be crazy!

This is a great looking figure. I'm somewhat tempted but I already have one Thor and am cutting back a bit and trying to stick with mainly Star Wars.

Chinese Thor 3 trailer. Cant wait!!!

watch

Yea, we'll see and I am not going to jump to conclusions before I do see it, but I am a little concerned too. The Thor movie's never really found their own strong distinctive voice, so I see a need for something new and different. But, I worry that not only will they might go a bit too far for the sake of humor but the film might try too hard to be Guardians of the Galaxy rather than it's own thing because they aren't sure what Thor's "thing" is anymore. Still their are plenty of promising moments from the trailer's so we will see.

Well.... gotta say that trailer TheBatman posted just restored my faith like a mofo!

That's the tone I'm hoping this movie keeps. Colorful and fun with funky electronic music and a good dose of comedy, but a movie about the "end of all things" shouldn't be ruined by a Guardian's type childish goofiness. The movies may not have the same distinctive voice as Cap or IM's, but I think his movies know what they want to be enough to know that Thor isn't Quill or his alter ego from Team Thor.

And damn Hela looks like she's kicking f'n ass!! I think she's gonna be good. And if she is, I do hope she ends up being MCU's version of Death

I will definitely be buying the hot toys version of These

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-10-08-16-37-43.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-10-08-16-37-43.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
I'm just hoping HT does a new bulkier Drax upper body and arms for GOTG 3 and Infinity Wars 1 & 2. That's 3 movies !!!

The Thor gladiator look is my most preferred look among other Thor movie versions. That being said, I prefer his look shown at the end of the trailer where he doesn't have face war paint, shin guard, and has forearm gurads similar to the roadworn version. Hoping Hot Toys would provide these options for the figure, although would be a slim chance...

The Thor gladiator look is my most preferred look among other Thor movie versions. That being said, I prefer his look shown at the end of the trailer where he doesn't have face war paint, shin guard, and has forearm gurads similar to the roadworn version. Hoping Hot Toys would provide these options for the figure, although would be a slim chance...

I agree with this. I will definitely buy both thor ragnarok and infinity war

Agree...was hoping the deluxe would gave us a clean head and those accessories instead of the gun and extra swords. But my fav is the gladiator version.

Back