1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

22048048_10154904358252344_1781624379456233787_o.jpg

22096036_10154904358142344_3540500140234420163_o.jpg

22008237_10154904358447344_3207607695340328994_n.jpg

22104368_10154904358037344_7135213241672769765_o.jpg

This figure looks fantastic! But, unless the movie wins me over to wanting this representation in addition to the Thor I already have, I don't plan to get it. And that will be tough, because I think the movie can be great and I still may pass. I just don't need another Thor. I still love my AOU version. BUT, if I were to get a second Thor, THIS would be it. OR, if I didn't care about having a Thor which reminded me most of the classic comic, but just wanted a Thor from what looks like will be the best Thor movie, or I thought just looked the "coolest", I can see how some would make this their single Thor figure. I can also see how this Thor would look great with Guardians of the Galaxy figures.

Again though, this figure looks absolutely fantastic! Congratulations to all who decided to get this. I look forward to seeing pics when the release finally rolls around next summer.

This would be a great pose with Guardians figures...
marvel-thor-ragnarok-gladiator-thor-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903104-01.jpg

Now I can see Star Lord responding like this to Thor too...
tumblr_om55r0fNjY1s2wio8o4_500.gif

Thor picks up a rifle off an enemy during a battle. Just about the dumbest thing to get upset over since "Thor got a haircut."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I found this on hottoys man facebook. I have two deluxe thors on pre order as it's my favorite movie version of the Character. I'll probably pick up infinity war Thor as well

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1506779094603.jpg
    FB_IMG_1506779094603.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 176
  • FB_IMG_1506779098723.jpg
    FB_IMG_1506779098723.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 176
  • FB_IMG_1506779103280.jpg
    FB_IMG_1506779103280.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 174
Thor picks up a rifle off an enemy during a battle. Just about the dumbest thing to get upset over since "Thor got a haircut."

Yea Suoerman would be pretty awesome with a rapid fire laser rifle too. Or maybe some Samurai swords.

Thanks for your imput Cupcake

Yea Suoerman would be pretty awesome with a rapid fire laser rifle too. Or maybe some Samurai swords.

Thanks for your imput Cupcake
"Suoerman" can fire rapid lasers from his eyes, so I doubt he'd feel the need to pick up a gun. Thor, however, is a warrior who has not taken a moral stance on firearms one way or another, so deprived of Mjolnir, I imagine he'll fight with whatever he can get his hands on.

You can have my "imput" anytime. <3

"Superman" can fire rapid lasers from his eyes, so I doubt he'd feel the need to pick up a gun. Thor, however, is a warrior who has not taken a moral stance on fierearms one way or another, so deprived of Mjolnir, I imagine he'll fight with whatever he can get his hands on.

the_stupidity_of_superman_by_maltian-d91v32q.jpg

If we were telling a story about a powerless Superman on a strange world, yeah, he'd pick up some uncharacteristic weapons.

Thor's power is reduced and he doesn't have the luxury of picking his tools. It makes perfect sense in the context of the story. Unless one's position is "Creators aren't allowed to put characters in new and different situations", I don't see the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

So I'm surprised they are giving Thor a helmet to actually wear instead of a separate sculpted head with the helmet on it already.

If we were telling a story about a powerless Superman on a strange world, yeah, he'd pick up some uncharacteristic weapons.

Thor's power is reduced and he doesn't have the luxury of picking his tools. It makes perfect sense in the context of the story. Unless one's position is "Creators aren't allowed to put characters in new and different situations", I don't see the issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Uncharacteristic is the key word here. Same reason why some have a problem with the short hair. But like I said, there are a couple small things that are bugging me in the trailers that may play much better when watching the movie in its entirety. Hell, if this ends up being the best Thor movie to date I'll be behind the hair, the laser guns, Loki being a good guy again and the whole bit. But something tells me this has the potential to be the best Thor to date but they're going to destroy it with overkill comedy a la GOTG2

Well there you go, PCK. If even Supes packs heat from time to time, I hardly think Thor's dalliance with guns warrants so much as a raised eyebrow XD

There it is! Thank God! Punisher-Supes! The very pinnacle of his almost 80 year existence! All should follow suit!

I like what he's doing visually with all the vibrancy, so I never expected it to be dour per se, but I hope he doesn't drain all the weight out of it and make it too light hearted being that this is setting up IW. A good balance of heft and well placed comedy is what I'm praying for

I was wondering what Thor was missing, and now I know--LEG BELTS!

Yes! And Rambo's compound bow with explosive arrow tips!

Back