Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shot...

SKYWALKER.jpg

I have one arriving in the mail this week. Why do collectors switch out the cloak? Does it stain the fabric the robes underneath?

The HT one is a little small and a tad too short.

could stain as well. A few times hand washing it in a bucket with lukewarm water and a bit of detergent should,take care of that. Gets the extra dye out..

I've got a problem with the figuge: the lightsaber can't get into the light-up hilt, it's way too narrow. Did anyone have the same issue? will send pics if needed.

I can't say for sure but i believe there is a part to remove on the hilt (the emitter) prior to inserting the blade.

Nice pics, Username. If someone put their Anakin sculpt onto a TLJ Kylo and swapped out the hands they'd have a pretty close ROTS concept art Anakin.

tumblr_nzpy6dYVLH1sqzou6o1_1280.jpg

Nice pics, Username. If someone put their Anakin sculpt onto a TLJ Kylo and swapped out the hands they'd have a pretty close ROTS concept art Anakin.

View attachment 435714

Thanks.
I'm going to see if i can put together another one with a slightly different costume.

Well that's officially awesome.

Thanks. I like imagining an unmasked full-power Vader if he hadn't lost the Mustafar Duel.

Honestly, think of how cool and ballsy a stand-alone Star Wars "what-if" type movie was made about that very scenario!

Well since we’re talking what if...

This is my “Head Canon” Anakin Skywalker.

I used the head sculpt of JGL from Dark Knight Rises. I chose this sculpt because it pretty perfectly captures what I imagine Anakin would’ve looked like. Plus the expression captures a not quite evil look that can be mistaken for “intensity,” or “extreme focus.”

Another odd little nit-pick of mine was Anakin’s long hair in the Prequels, I loved the way Obi-Wan had a nice clean cut look in RotS, because it makes sense. All the male actors in the OT had contemporary real world hair styles, so it would follow that if the Prequels had come out 20 years before ANH, they would have had contemporary clean cut hairstyles of the 1950’s. The JGL head sculpt has that hair style as well.

I also really like JGL as an actor, and would have been thrilled if he had played the part.

I chose the TLJ Luke glove for his right hand because it was ingeniously designed to look like Vader’s gloves except brown leather instead of black and without the ribbed or striped detailing of Vader’s gloves. So it makes an excellent precursor, hinting at who he will become. The color also perfectly matches Anakin’s boots.

I tried to mirror Vader’s iconic poses from the OT, which is something I wish they had done more of in the Prequels.

19a7516f941cf37bcdb23a1e25a685cf.jpg

434e0933e171ba74d747915f6f34a76e.jpg

d27d5df98fb565b7c38680e7e5d4c1a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Well since we’re talking what if...

This is my “Head Canon” Anakin Skywalker.

TLJ Luke hand set

I used the head sculpt of JGL from Dark Knight Rises. I chose this sculpt because it pretty perfectly captures what I imagined Anakin looked like. Plus the expression captures a not quite evil look that can be mistaken for “intensity,” or “extreme focus.”

Another odd little not pick of mine was Anakin’s long hair in the Prequels, I loved the way Obi-Wan had a nice clean cut look in RotS, because it makes sense. All the male actors in the OT had contemporary real world hair styles, so it would follow that if the Prequels had come out 20 years before ANH, they would have had contemporary clean cut hairstyles of the 1950’s. The JGL head sculpt has that hair style as well.

I also really like JGL as an actor, and would have been thrilled if he had played the part.

I chose the TLJ Luke glove for his right hand because it was ingeniously designed to look like Vader’s gloves except brown leather instead of black and without the ribbed or striped detailing of Vader’s gloves. So it makes an excellent precursor, hinting at who he will become. The color also perfectly matches the Anakin boots.

I tried to mirror Vader’s iconic poses from the OT, which is something I wish they had done more of in the Prequels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice rationale for the clean cut hairstyle.
I love what if? figures. I wish more people on here would do them.
Well done.

Back