Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I also always pictured Anakin with dark brown eyes and hair. I think because Sebastian Shaw had brown eyes in the original version of RotJ, and because it just makes Anakin look darker. I just assumed Leia got her coloring from her father and that Luke got his blonde hair and blue eyes from their mother.

The whole blonde surfer look for Anakin always seemed so wrong to me.

That’s a pretty cool what if - makes me think about getting the dark side version to mess around with

Also has that Vader look for “the Star Wars” comic adaptation without the scarring. Interesting.

Starting to think Disney should reboot the prequels.... though I’d miss Ewan and Natalie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if they reboot the prequels (and damn them if they ever do!!!), who says Ewan McGregor needs to get the boot? Just age up young(er) Obi-Wan (and maybe even Anakin), maybe just start the rebooted prequels in the middle of the clone wars instead of with little Annie, and there you go.

Now Portman on the other hand, even with a retconned prequel plot, I doubt she'd ever want to come back for a starring role...

Hell, what I would give to see instead of a prequel reboot, a trilogy of movies about the unseen Clone Wars adventures of Obi Wan and Anakin starring the original cast. I mean they still look young enough to pull it off, and even if it is jarring, just slap some dirt on their faces or use heavy CGI and problem solved... I'd much rather this to a full on reboot.

Lucas himself didn’t even get the PT “right” in the eyes of most fans; do you really think Disney is going to?

Regardless, like them or not, what exists is what will be Episodes 1-9 for at least a LONG time to come.

Hell, what I would give to see instead of a prequel reboot, a trilogy of movies about the unseen Clone Wars adventures of Obi Wan and Anakin starring the original cast. I mean they still look young enough to pull it off... I'd much rather this to a full on reboot.

I’d be more interested in that than some of these other stand alone SW films they’ve done and plan on doing. I personally had no interest in a Solo origin film and have no interest in things such as a Boba Fett stand alone film. I myself quite like McGregor and Christensen as Obi-Wan and Anakin respectively, so it’d be cool to see them have another crack at their roles. As you mentioned, both are still young enough to pull it off.

Perhaps not a trilogy as that would take awhile and probably wouldn’t start until after the ST, and the window of time to still use Christensen and McGregor in something is only closing at this point, but just a single filler film set in between AotC and RotS. Since Anakin had been away from Padme for some time during that time, Portman wouldn’t be necessary and the film can just focus on the exploits of the two main characters in real time without being interrupted by the poor on screen chemistry between Christensen and Portman.

Really hope they don’t try to remake the previous episodes. Hate to say it, but they wouldn’t start with the prequels. Would definitely redo the OT first. Hollywood loves remaking flicks. My only hope is the message they got from Rogue One vs Solo box office is to make original stories with new characters set in the SW world.

Really hope they don’t try to remake the previous episodes. Hate to say it, but they wouldn’t start with the prequels. Would definitely redo the OT first. Hollywood loves remaking flicks. My only hope is the message they got from Rogue One vs Solo box office is to make original stories with new characters set in the SW world.

Out of everything, that’s what I prefer as well. Leave alone what’s already been done, and expand on different points and time periods in the universe with new and interesting characters, whether it be continuing the episodes beyond the ST, or going before the PT. The SW universe is way too vast to limit yourself to remaking what’s already been done.

Remakes of the OT films would definitely be a flop as they’re way too beloved, and I think remakes of the PT films would also be a flop because while most fans didn’t seem to like the PT films as overall films, they still had many popular characters that were received quite well in their portrayals (Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, Kenobi, Dooku, etc).

They should leave Skywalker saga as it is and venture into new stories, just as RO, or into different time periods, just like Old Republic.

That’s a pretty cool what if - makes me think about getting the dark side version to mess around with

Also has that Vader look for “the Star Wars” comic adaptation without the scarring. Interesting.

Starting to think Disney should reboot the prequels.... though I’d miss Ewan and Natalie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks

Nice work, but it doesn’t really help the likeness...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I just don't understand why people buy $250 dolls and ruin them with stuff like this. Money to burn, I guess.

I admit, I’m also partial to sculpted hair. The rooted hair does give 1:6 figures that “Barbie doll” look. Rooted hair on a larger scaled piece tends to work much better and can improve a piece. But in a smaller scale I’m not a fan of it.

I admit, I’m also partial to sculpted hair. The rooted hair does give 1:6 figures that “Barbie doll” look. Rooted hair on a larger scaled piece tends to work much better and can improve a piece. But in a smaller scale I’m not a fan of it.

Exactly.

Back