Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one did you like more personally?

Thanks for those comparison pics. :duff

I've been waiting/hoping too for someone to post a comparison. What are your thoughts having both? Obviously from your pictures the length of the robe and larger hood are better on the OSK, but how do you feel about the material? Hard to tell from pictures, but the HT one looks nicer (other than the size issue of course).

To summarize the bure hot toys is shorter, darker and the rendering of the hood is significantly worse than on the onesixthkit which is deeper and larger in addition to being "wired", hence the possibility of the good to work. Not like me. For the look and feel of the fabric we are on the same type of material

I received my figüre yesterday from SSC. First thing first. I realized his lightsaber tilt has a missing part. I did not pay attention until I picked light-up arm and compared the tilts. Now, how is customer support of SSC? Do they send a replacement hilt for this fault?

mms437 sm.jpg

Second, due to my limited space, the figure will reside in its box. I did not take off plastic covers that protect his skin. But I realized that his robotic right arm and boots also have those plastic wrappings. If they are to protect those from staining from the robe, isn't there a possibility that his tunics and pants be also affected? Is it safe to keep the figure as it is boxed?

I received my figüre yesterday from SSC. First thing first. I realized his lightsaber tilt has a missing part. I did not pay attention until I picked light-up arm and compared the tilts. Now, how is customer support of SSC? Do they send a replacement hilt for this fault?

View attachment 428778

Second, due to my limited space, the figure will reside in its box. I did not take off plastic covers that protect his skin. But I realized that his robotic right arm and boots also have those plastic wrappings. If they are to protect those from staining from the robe, isn't there a possibility that his tunics and pants be also affected? Is it safe to keep the figure as it is boxed?

It has two covertec knobs in a small plastic baggie for the loose hilt. One for him holding the saber, one for attaching the hilt to the covertec cllip on his belt.

Oh, it's not a missing part then. We have two options to use with it. It's so relieving. I would have given you a rep if I could.

And what about the second question?

Which one did you like more personally?

I have the OSK cloak but no figure to try it on. I sold my regular Ani to fund Sith Ani. However, I can tell you that the OSK is of amazing quality. I remember a few glue residue and threads from the stock. Not to mention ridiculous short with tiny hood. Cant wait to try the custom one on when the figure arrives.

Gave a shot at making my own robe...went black instead of brown...longer arms...longer length also...first shot so be kind...sorry about the bad image quality15390329962292069840520515078598.jpg15390332647382526249788108319129.jpg15390332647382526249788108319129.jpg15390333046142227233806267965515.jpg

Just picked up this head on eBay to complete a custom. Wow...the likeness is amazing. Sideshow had two chances at Anakin and never came close. Hot Toys nailed it.

I havne't received any notices from sideshow and i ordered just about day one... oh well

Really? I have ordered it pretty late. Youtube and this forum were full of pictures and videos. It was in preorder when I ordered. I completed payment plan, it became available and they sent it.

I have the OSK cloak but no figure to try it on. I sold my regular Ani to fund Sith Ani. However, I can tell you that the OSK is of amazing quality. I remember a few glue residue and threads from the stock. Not to mention ridiculous short with tiny hood. Cant wait to try the custom one on when the figure arrives.

I use the OSK robe in my Ani. I much prefer it over the stock. Longer and roomier.

I use the OSK robe in my Ani. I much prefer it over the stock. Longer and roomier.

Same here. The OSK is really good I think. Mine did have some glue spots on it but I just washed it and all is well. It's also nowhere near as shiny as it looks in the pictures online, IMO. It's a bit lighter than the stock and maybe a taddddd shinier - but it looks really good. The hood/wire is great.

Same here. The OSK is really good I think. Mine did have some glue spots on it but I just washed it and all is well. It's also nowhere near as shiny as it looks in the pictures online, IMO. It's a bit lighter than the stock and maybe a taddddd shinier - but it looks really good. The hood/wire is great.

Yes agreed on most points except i didnt have any glue spots on either of mine. Yes either... I have 2. One is on my custom Colman Trevor. An upgrade from what I had.

Yes agreed on most points except i didnt have any glue spots on either of mine. Yes either... I have 2. One is on my custom Colman Trevor. An upgrade from what I had.

I'm sure I'll end up grabbing another at some point. I wonder if they'll do a lighter one for Obi-Wan. This could probably work for the inevitable Qui-Gon, though.

Back