Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks really nice for rooted hair on a 1/6 piece, but in overwhelmingly most cases, I prefer sculpted hair in 1/6. Rooted hair I feel tends to not capture the finer details of a hairstyle in 1/6 scale.

Hairing still needs to be refined much like tailoring did over the years. Hairing now tends to look too poofy, much like clothing did 10-15 years ago. In time, hairing will be perfected by new materials and new ways of applying. "Real hair" is an inevitable upgrade for the future.

We have a great Anakin headsculpt with sculpted hair. I don't and won't understand why anybody wants to ruin this piece with this rooted hair nonsense which looks terrible most of the time.

NNNOOOOOOoooOOOoooooooOooOooooooo!

I’m definitely in the camp that feels rooted hair almost always make a figure look like something that belongs in the pink aisle at Toy r Us.

I would normally agree with you, but it depends on the skill of the person doing the hair and what kind of material they use for the hair. Shane uses Tibetan lamb fur.

Can be found on ebay by seller morezmore. When you take a sculpt like Black Widow that already has rooted hair from the factory that looks like a doll because its a synthetic hair and very shinny. When you look at a Black Widow done with the Tibetan lamb fur it looks a 100 times better IMHO.

Ofcourse at the end of the day to each their own and that is the great thing about this hobby!!!!

The only figure that immediately comes to mind where rooted hair looked better than sculpted, is Ripley. Prototype boasted rooted hair, whereas the final ended up with sculpted. I personally preferred the look of the rooted hair on the proto. The sculpted doesn’t look bad, but I liked the rooted better.

I want to get the normal Anakin, but can’t find the normal ver locally for a reasonable price. Though there are sith version at around PO price and some slightly lower than the PO price. Anybody selling the normal head?

Hairing still needs to be refined much like tailoring did over the years. Hairing now tends to look too poofy, much like clothing did 10-15 years ago. In time, hairing will be perfected by new materials and new ways of applying. "Real hair" is an inevitable upgrade for the future.

Yup. Just like they did with GI Joe.

Can any one confirm that the robe that came with with Sith eyes anakin is actually better tailored than normal anakin robe?

Not appreciably IMO...it may be a touch longer but that's about the only difference at least with my two.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though...:lol

Christmas gift from my wife:

DE81EE3C-E30D-497E-ACA6-64D62C5A411A.jpg

299251A6-1DF4-4A44-AB5A-17FC3B9A2674.jpg

F3A62B76-2A24-43E0-9637-E99A68E6273D.jpg

Back