Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Anakin today. Stripped down the whole figure and applied the water treatment on each and every piece of textile before setting Anakin up again.

Also, left the robe in cold soapy water for an hour. Surprisingly, didn't notice dye residue. No water coloration either.

Finally, tried stretching the robe a bit but could't obtain a satisfactory result. I guess i'll have to settle for robe less displays or find some custom made verson on the web.

Wonder if the later batches won't have the dye issue as HT corrected it? Wouldn't that be nice? :)

You got lucky being part of the first batch. Also depends on what seller you got it from. When did you order? For my part, i ordered late february, hours after the first video review from a HK website.

I bought from Wzlucky1983. On ebay I bought on May 3 got about April 16 .I also wash the robe I didn’t see much dye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought from Wzlucky1983. On ebay I bought on May 3 got about April 16 .I also wash the robe I didn’t see much dye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of my regular stops as well. Most reliable source on Ebay along loontentoys and timcent.

So the dye issue could've just been those early batches?

They better do! I recently offloaded the Sideshow Qui Gon Jinn, Padawan Obi, Mace and their first Maul in anticipation of Hot Toys versions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Considering the length of time it's taking for this figure to hit and how far out ROTS Kenobi is, you must be planning a long life!

:)

I received Anakin today. He is beautiful. The sculptor's magnificent work, especially his hair. Unfortunately the phalanx of the finger was broken on the mechanical arm.
20180530_165500.jpg

added some sith eyes on mine on Photoshop haha

30mon7k.png

Liar! You're with him! You brought him here to kill me!

Great shot. I wish HT would offer a Padmé to complete that scene. Yet, if we ever get one, that will probably be a AOTC version.

If ROTS Obi-Wan sells well, they'll eventually get to Padme. It looks like they're going to be avoiding doing a lot of figures from the newer Star Wars films, and considering the cash cow older Star Wars merchandise still is, I'm sure Hot Toys will take advantage.

Liar! You're with him! You brought him here to kill me!

Great shot. I wish HT would offer a Padmé to complete that scene. Yet, if we ever get one, that will probably be a AOTC version.

If ROTS Obi-Wan sells well, they'll eventually get to Padme. It looks like they're going to be avoiding doing a lot of figures from the newer Star Wars films, and considering the cash cow older Star Wars merchandise still is, I'm sure Hot Toys will take advantage.
We can only hope. I actually really want an AOTC Padme! Not sure I would get their attempt at Maul. It would really have to knock down Sideshow’s sculpt pretty hard. Which isn’t likely.

One thing I'll never understand is how Hot Toys can't wrap their head around blonde hair. Are all blonde people magical to them? What's with the metallic paint on all of the blond guys?

So the dye issue could've just been those early batches?

Considering the length of time it's taking for this figure to hit and how far out ROTS Kenobi is, you must be planning a long life!

:)
Also helps towards the cost of buying new Hot Toys figures, sure Maul won't be to far off a release.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One thing I'll never understand is how Hot Toys can't wrap their head around blonde hair. Are all blonde people magical to them? What's with the metallic paint on all of the blond guys?

They have struggled terribly to get it right. That being said I can't think of any figure with painted blond hair that looked perfect or even very good?

the funny thing is i used to paint a few of my old hasbro lukes with a touch of metallic to give the hair depth, and shine etc..i dont mind it. there is a bit too much metallic sometimes. and that does look abit off putting . but i love some of the painters we have who add great natural highlights without the metallic

Back