Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Hi all! It’s been great reading all your tips. I don’t post usually, but I just received my figure and it’s beautiful. I haven’t had a chance to set it up since I just moved to a new place, but now I’m even more motivated to get everything unpacked and in display. I’m surprised I already have it in hand, since I’m ordering from Canada. But I’m not complaining! Keep up the awesome convo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how many people think they'll do a sith version or should I buy this figure?

It depends; maybe a convention exclusive or something if the only difference is going to be Sith eyes. If you think they'll do another release with 2 heads and more accessories I think you'd be waiting quite a while. What other accessories could they dump in? Charred legs? Younglings?

A Sith version is fairly easy..even if HT doesn’t do it . This HS already has the intensity . All someone needs to do is get an extra hs and paint the eyes

So how many people think they'll do a sith version or should I buy this figure?

Considering how well this sold, it would seem to be a no-brainer, but who knows. I bought two just in case, but would prefer an official release with a modified expression. Plus I just know the minute I spend the money getting one customized HT will make an announcement. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see some knock-off Sith heads show up in the secondary.

bae15b66cf968fc76d95f68d06624171.jpg

Just a pic from phone but really love this figure. I still like the medicom version as well and I’m glad I kept it but the Hot Toys is superior in my opinion.

Was thinking of using my custom guy to possibly just repaint the eyes as sith...but I'm trying to remember...in EP 3, do we only see the sith eyes during the Obi post battle "I hate you" scene? If that's the case I'm not sure id want an undamaged Ani with the sith eyes.

bae15b66cf968fc76d95f68d06624171.jpg

Just a pic from phone but really love this figure. I still like the medicom version as well and I’m glad I kept it but the Hot Toys is superior in my opinion.

The Hot Toys figure knocks everything out of the park except the robe. Their robe tailors are complete ****. That old Medicom figure destroys Hot Toys’ attempt. It looks natural from the front and doesn’t appear to taper off in the back, like the one we got with this release.

It’s a shame it’s so much smaller or you could throw that one on this figure.

Wow......This is an amazing figure. The head sculpt is awesome. This will be two Star Wars grails in the same year with Anakin and soon to have Jedi Luke coming.

I so agree with anakin being a grail. Tbh they really did well with this figure and i dont see them re releasing him with sith eyes or any other version. Maybe the Attack of the Clones Anakin (I hope not cuz it's my least favorite one) Congrats on the pick up and you wont be disappointed with Luke

As evident with the Mudtrooper, Jyn Erso in disguise and all the Tony Starks, Hot Toys will never pass up an opportunity to reuse an old sculpt :lecture

Was thinking of using my custom guy to possibly just repaint the eyes as sith...but I'm trying to remember...in EP 3, do we only see the sith eyes during the Obi post battle "I hate you" scene? If that's the case I'm not sure id want an undamaged Ani with the sith eyes.

He had Sith eyes after he had wasted Nute Gunray and the rest of the separatists.

He had Sith eyes after he had wasted Nute Gunray and the rest of the separatists.

What is the mythology behind the sith eyes? Do they come out only when they are filled with hate? Seems like something they would have all the time once they are really powerful with dark side. Just wonder if anyone has read explanation in novels?

What is the mythology behind the sith eyes? Do they come out only when they are filled with hate? Seems like something they would have all the time once they are really powerful with dark side. Just wonder if anyone has read explanation in novels?

I believe it's when there is no longer a pull to the light side. Which is why Kylo doesn't yet have Sith eyes.

Not sure there's been any definitive explanation yet. "Sith eyes" do appear when one taps into the darkside. Pretty much all we now cannon wise. Besides, it is to be noted Kylo and Snoke are not technically Sith, just dark side users. Again, we have yet to get a definitive explanation on that matterand what it implies.

Back