Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I soaked my robe also and ( hopefully) got the excess dye out. I am glad I gave the Sideshow robe but I like the color of the HT robe better.
0c67a36415ae3a111dda304444a56bdf.jpg
fae36ef8b52775cbd33e72a0da7b0207.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the cloak really wrinkled after rinsing it? Do you just hang it to dry?

I'm loving the male responses to washing the robes to get out the excess dyes. :lol

Not aiming that squarely at you Fantasticfrog. It's just funny when I proposed this for Luke many people were like, is that possible ? will the material Hot Toys uses be able to handle it, I don't know if I'd do that, seems like a lot of effort....etc etc :lol

Don't worry my wife does all my washing too :)

Do you soak it in cold, warm, or hot water? And for how long would you recommend soaking it for?

I'd recommend cool water (cold with a splash of warm), helps the fabric fade less, although I doubt there's much concern over just soaking it one time. I soaked mine for about 15 minutes. I wrung it out gently but throughly so I could get as much wetness out as possible and I hung dry it overnight. Was perfectly dry by morning.

Apparently, the robe can stain through plastic. Notice the wire as well. Contacting SS now.

Attachments

• IMG_5928.jpg
    IMG_5928.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5930.jpg
    IMG_5930.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 261
I soaked both Anakin and Obi Wans robes as well. Cold water with dish soap. WOW. Tons of dye out of both like you guys and gals. Did it a few times and the bowl kept getting dark. Finally I dumped the soapy water and tried cold water with salt and distilled vinegar to hopefully set the dye proper. Robes are currently drying so tomorrow I’ll try again with soap to see if more comes out. Little ridiculous how much excess dye there is.

I soaked both Anakin and Obi Wans robes as well. Cold water with dish soap. WOW. Tons of dye out of both like you guys and gals. Did it a few times and the bowl kept getting dark. Finally I dumped the soapy water and tried cold water with salt and distilled vinegar to hopefully set the dye proper. Robes are currently drying so tomorrow I’ll try again with soap to see if more comes out. Little ridiculous how much excess dye there is.

Yeah I did that with my Jedi Luke..can't believe how much dye came out of the robe as well..and it took extra days to dry as well. Don't know why HT felt they had to put dye on the material like this :dunno

i did not alter the height of the figure. i just grabbed the cloak length wise and pulled. go slowly. if you want to shrink it back im sure throwing it in the dryer on low heat would shrink it. just be careful and check it every couple minutes maybe.

thumbnail_20180528_195126.jpgthumbnail_20180528_195134.jpg

Looks great drjedisith- now, that is the cloak that came with the figure, yes?

dammit-will bbts EVER get this figure?

Is there another dock strike we haven't heard about going on?

Looks great drjedisith- now, that is the cloak that came with the figure, yes?

dammit-will bbts EVER get this figure?

Is there another dock strike we haven't heard about going on?

I don't think SS have even been able to ship out all their own PO's yet. This one seems to have been made in small batches for some reason.

Back