Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried rinsing out the robe yet to try and get the extra dye out before it can bleed out onto the head or hands? I'm probably going to try it later this week, just curious if anyone else has and what your results were.

I’m considering trying that too. I don’t think anyone has done it yet, it’s all been just discussion so far.

Ordered end of february when final product first turned up in HK. FInally got shipping confirmation from loontentoys today. Can't wait for Anakin to land home and see what can be done with that short robe of him.

FullSizeRender (51).jpgFullSizeRender (52).jpgFullSizeRender (53).jpgFullSizeRender (54).jpgFullSizeRender (55).jpgFullSizeRender (56).jpgFullSizeRender (57).jpg

Well I guess I just hit the BBTS lottery...I've just recently been thinking about getting this guy after seeing all these awesome pics, but SS looked to be the only option left to order. Just checked BBTS, and even though the sidebar on the initial search showed 'sold out', when I clicked the item, to my surprise it showed available for PO! I got it! It then showed 'sold out' on product page after that. So thank you to whoever cancelled ��

Well I guess I just hit the BBTS lottery...I've just recently been thinking about getting this guy after seeing all these awesome pics, but SS looked to be the only option left to order. Just checked BBTS, and even though the sidebar on the initial search showed 'sold out', when I clicked the item, to my surprise it showed available for PO! I got it! It then showed 'sold out' on product page after that. So thank you to whoever cancelled ��

Lol that was me. Actually, right around that time. So - might actually be me haha.
Enjoy!

Ordered end of february when final product first turned up in HK. FInally got shipping confirmation from loontentoys today. Can't wait for Anakin to land home and see what can be done with that short robe of him.

his robe is not short

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

My Anakin has turned up in the UK from Hong Kong, only paid for him on Thursday and it was posted Friday. Shame I'm at work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Amateur question, but does anyone know why certain (if not most) figures seem to have a limited range of motion in their arms and legs?

For example, I have an Old Han that is able to to have his arms posed over his head in a "surrender" pose and in front of him in a "Frankenstein" pose pretty easily, but I have a Chirrut and now an Anakin that only seem to be able to raise their arms only 45 degrees or less. Makes it hard to get them in an action pose (which I mean of all the characters, shouldn't the melee fighters be able to achieve the most dynamic poses?).

I've seen publicity shots on Hot Toys of these guys with their weapons raised over their heads and such, so I would assume it would theoretically be possible? I just am not sure how without potentially damaging the figures.

With that said, I understand the limited range of motion in some characters due to the fabric, such as Jyn not being able to do much with her legs on account of those tight pants, likewise for Old Han. But at least on the exterior, I can't see what is restraining Chirrut and Anakin?

Anyone have any advice? Is the answer in stripping them down to remove a base layer? Or is it as simple as "it's just a promo shot..."

Amateur question, but does anyone know why certain (if not most) figures seem to have a limited range of motion in their arms and legs?

For example, I have an Old Han that is able to to have his arms posed over his head in a "surrender" pose and in front of him in a "Frankenstein" pose pretty easily, but I have a Chirrut and now an Anakin that only seem to be able to raise their arms only 45 degrees or less. Makes it hard to get them in an action pose (which I mean of all the characters, shouldn't the melee fighters be able to achieve the most dynamic poses?).

I've seen publicity shots on Hot Toys of these guys with their weapons raised over their heads and such, so I would assume it would theoretically be possible? I just am not sure how without potentially damaging the figures.

With that said, I understand the limited range of motion in some characters due to the fabric, such as Jyn not being able to do much with her legs on account of those tight pants, likewise for Old Han. But at least on the exterior, I can't see what is restraining Chirrut and Anakin?

Anyone have any advice? Is the answer in stripping them down to remove a base layer? Or is it as simple as "it's just a promo shot..."

Some of the new muscular type of TT lack bicep swivel which lets the figure do that arms crossed or folded look

If you have a figure that has a removable outfit..I would strip it down to the TT, sometimes in mass production they don't fit the clothes on properly because they have so many to fit .

Ex. My RO Vader was so stiff out of the box I thought it wasn’t a traditional TT underneath because a lot of articulation was restricted, so I removed the cape and realized the bodysuit was attached crooked , so as removing piece by piece I noticed the arms were stiff because one part of the armpit was misaligned and creased , so I smoothed it out. the cod piece was attached to high, etc, etc, .

Once I removed everything I refitted everything back the way I thought it should be and eureka, not only did the articulation flow more easier and naturally I noticed the figure itself look more realistic IMO because every piece of clothing was now balanced out.

Out of the box

After stripped and refitted

Last edited:
Back