Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

"I should kill you"

And some interested bystanders.
ff51c999c63517d600120416b152cd95.jpg
db2b5ae539aa9ced716c9c5369f7b4d9.jpg
f00edf5d8a3d6d30c2d100fb31f2e325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just got mine in the mail today and boy and I satisfied. He was definitely one of my favorite character in the PT. So much better looking in person than in the pictures and videos. I love how soft his cloak. Head sculpt is just as good as Grand Moff Tarkin in my opinion which is pretty much perfect. Glad I didn't pass up on him cause I was skeptical up until his release.

Got mine today also. Gave the robe a soak in warm water, rinsed it out with cold, and letting it dry. Until Obi-Wan arrived and Ani has some better to do, lol, I plan on keeping him hooded with robe, so I guess I can see if any staining issues occur.

Has everyone who’s ordered at SS started to get theirs or got a processing notice? (Unless you’re on flex of course)

Some of the new muscular type of TT lack bicep swivel which lets the figure do that arms crossed or folded look

If you have a figure that has a removable outfit..I would strip it down to the TT, sometimes in mass production they don't fit the clothes on properly because they have so many to fit .

Ex. My RO Vader was so stiff out of the box I thought it wasn’t a traditional TT underneath because a lot of articulation was restricted, so I removed the cape and realized the bodysuit was attached crooked , so as removing piece by piece I noticed the arms were stiff because one part of the armpit was misaligned and creased , so I smoothed it out. the cod piece was attached to high, etc, etc, .

Once I removed everything I refitted everything back the way I thought it should be and eureka, not only did the articulation flow more easier and naturally I noticed the figure itself look more realistic IMO because every piece of clothing was now balanced out.

Out of the box

After stripped and refitted

Wow, that Vader looks amazing after your refit! You certainly are much braver than I though; I'm not sure I trust myself to strip the figure to see what the issue is as I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get it back together again just right, especially with the risk, as you pointed out, that it just might be the TT components not allowing for dynamic poses though.

But damn if that Vader isn't convincing me to do otherwise! ;)

Just pucked mine up, what a great figure, good amount of options, and the tailoring is great, sith heqd would have sent me over the moon but oh well, Onesixthkit will do one eventually

love this figure! but not a fan of the cloak. its fine in an action pose but not in a museum. there is were you see the short boxy appearance. anyways, heres mine with a sieshow cloak. so many possibilities

thumbnail_20180524_223538.jpgthumbnail_20180524_221655.jpgthumbnail_20180524_221713.jpg

Hey that SS cloak doesn’t look half bad... I kind of like it better. It’s water treated, right?

Got mine today also. Gave the robe a soak in warm water, rinsed it out with cold, and letting it dry. Until Obi-Wan arrived and Ani has some better to do, lol, I plan on keeping him hooded with robe, so I guess I can see if any staining issues occur.

I'll be trying this today as well, with my Anakin and Obi-Wan robes.

I just opened mine for inspection only.

Question - I got one glue glob on the inside of the robe hem. is it worth making a fuss about?

Attachments

• IMG_5900.jpg
    IMG_5900.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 231

eb9646d2aaab06b8c456012cb9f0f7e5.jpg
58e343660e5c0684c261774e2f9973ff.jpg

The old SS robe is rather nice on the HT. It's the right length and I personally find the hood easier to shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back