Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

eb9646d2aaab06b8c456012cb9f0f7e5.jpg
58e343660e5c0684c261774e2f9973ff.jpg

The old SS robe is rather nice on the HT. It's the right length and I personally find the hood easier to shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gone kind of lukewarm on this figure... but your pics managed to actually get me excited again about it. :rock

Does the robe really bleed onto the figure? For ****s sake Hot Toys! This is a preventative process you should be implementing in the manufacturing process. Why are we paying $235 to $250 a pop for figures we STILL have to essentially customize, right out of the box?

Let’s not overlook the fact that the robe wouldn’t even suit a Medicom figure. The patterns they use for their robes are never generous enough in the hood region and this one doesn’t even feel like it fits him at all. There’s not enough room to actually wrap him up inside the robe. The arms are baggy enough, but that’s about it.

I’ll say this once... when you get to Darth Maul, invest in the time and effort to get it right. We should not have to go scouring ebay or custom pages for an “upgrade” to a major component of a figure that just came off the assembly line. Very disappointed. It’s a great looking figure though, if you don’t factor in the ****** robe.

what do you wash it with??

I used a Perfume free clear laundry detergent

swished it around a lot and repeated 4 times actually. The pic was the first. . Drying now. Unfortunately going out of town for a few and won’t check it out completely dry till Monday or so but looks fine so,far...

Hi ya guyz.

Since this particular figure has been shipping for a while, and I expect to be getting mine son, I have subscribed to this thread but too late.
360 pages is way too much for me to comb, so to those of you who were there right since the beginning: any tips/tricks/conclusions about this figure? Any particular manufacture flaws, and any fixes to those?

Regards,
m.

Just did a “washing “of the robe. This is why u get bleeding on the figure.
Before and after pics of the water use for the washing

View attachment 410653View attachment 410654

Can confirm similar results from my Anakin robe when I washed it today, except I just rinsed it out with water, I didn't use any detergent. I was going to do my Obi-Wan tomorrow, maybe I'll try it.

Regardless, there was a ton of extra dye that came out. Wash those robes people.

I’ll be washing mine after work. :thud:

Hot Toys needs to get off their ass. We shouldn’t have to keep doing this with our figures. Do they just not pay attention to the outcry? I never even considered the possibility of dye bleeding from the robe of my Old Ben. I’m terrified to even remove it now. Not that I’d ever remove the robe at this point though and I’ll likely never sell it... in my lifetime.

Thank god there’s only three more Hot Toys figures I’m even remotely interested in, for the foreseeable future. I’m tired of them never learning their lesson and I’m disheartened that they seem to be the only major player for licenses that I truly enjoy. Good grief!

I'm not sure if the Hot Toys paint and sculpt is any better the the older Sideshow version.....

33747746_10160423697770188_2850317104249307136_n.jpg

33575121_10160423704870188_2005929578987520000_n.jpg

Back