Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

The prequels weren't as bad as people make them out to be! They were just different and lost some of that magic the OT had.
Phantom Menace doesn't deserve the hate it gets and Darth Maul was awesome! AOTC is just pure yawn!
Revenge of the Sith was great, my only criticism was that Anakin turned too quickly! He went from Jedi to Child Killer is 0.2 seconds.
Each film in Star Wars has pros and cons. The prequels are littered more with cons. Revenge of the Sith barely manages to have a positive reception by most viewers.

Concerning the first film, The Phantom Menace, for every step it takes in the right direction, it takes one step back. And then in AOTC, it's two steps backwards. They really aren't enjoyable films to watch indivually, in my opinion. I have to undertake them in a block of marathons every so often.

I'm not going to sugarcoat how I feel about them after all these years. I had a TON, and I mean a ****ing ton of prequel merchandise and love for the films, back in the day. Now, I just have my little singular display on the second shelf of a detolf, with maybe a few prequel related items scattered about.

Are they terrible? No. I can still sit through them, but I rarely have the urge to watch them. Nothing pops out at me anymore and invites me to journey back to that time and place. There's some good moments in the films and the imagery definitely speaks of a more refined and peaceful era. There's a lot of **** to sift through to get to the good stuff though.

I guess at the end of it all, they have some cool villains! And the heroes are okay. :lol

As for the figure, I'm hoping the pre-orders go live soon. Even though the films aren't that great, I do still like a lot of the character designs. Maybe Hot Toys will continue on with a PT line. It's overdue, honestly. Yoda, Maul, Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, Padme, Obi-Wan and Qui-Qon would all be interesting to see.

Each film in Star Wars has pros and cons. The prequels are littered more with cons. Revenge of the Sith barely manages to have a positive reception by most viewers.

Concerning the first film, The Phantom Menace, for every step it takes in the right direction, it takes one step back. And then in AOTC, it's two steps backwards. They really aren't enjoyable films to watch indivually, in my opinion. I have to undertake them in a block of marathons every so often.

I'm not going to sugarcoat how I feel about them after all these years. I had a TON, and I mean a ****ing ton of prequel merchandise and love for the films, back in the day. Now, I just have my little singular display on the second shelf of a detolf, with maybe a few prequel related items scattered about.

Are they terrible? No. I can still sit through them, but I rarely have the urge to watch them. Nothing pops out at me anymore and invites me to journey back to that time and place. There's some good moments in the films and the imagery definitely speaks of a more refined and peaceful era. There's a lot of **** to sift through to get to the good stuff though.

I guess at the end of it all, they have some cool villains! And the heroes are okay. :lol

As for the figure, I'm hoping the pre-orders go live soon. Even though the films aren't that great, I do still like a lot of the character designs. Maybe Hot Toys will continue on with a PT line. It's overdue, honestly. Yoda, Maul, Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, Padme, Obi-Wan and Qui-Qon would all be interesting to see.

Would be annoyed if they done a Darth Maul now after Sideshows latest offering, which is just spectacular and one of my favourite figures.

I wouldn't. It would satiate those that couldn't get over the lack of a robe, lol. That's literally all anyone says about it. I barely hear anything about the loose joints.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with mine. Not going to lie though... I'll be picking up a robe if Hot Toys does decide to tackle Maul. The old Sideshow one will be put to shame, sadly. :lol

Would be annoyed if they done a Darth Maul now after Sideshows latest offering, which is just spectacular and one of my favourite figures.

I'm on the opposite end. I held off on the SSC Maul because of the price and lack of accessories. It's a great looking figure but I just have the feeling that HTs will make one down the road but I don't want to wait too long lol...

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but the base on the Anakin prototype shown at SDCC should not be the final version. In other words, He can come with some crazy base and a sith eyed head sculpt and become the DX that people are thinking about?

I wouldn't. It would satiate those that couldn't get over the lack of a robe, lol. That's literally all anyone says about it. I barely hear anything about the loose joints.

Personally, I haven't had a problem with mine. Not going to lie though... I'll be picking up a robe if Hot Toys does decide to tackle Maul. The old Sideshow one will be put to shame, sadly. :lol

I'm on the opposite end. I held off on the SSC Maul because of the price and lack of accessories. It's a great looking figure but I just have the feeling that HTs will make one down the road but I don't want to wait too long lol...

Despite all the awesome Hot Toys figures in my Detolf I am always drawn to the new SS Maul. There's just something about him! I get the price was quite high on that figure, but he really is awesome. Other than accessories a HT version couldn't really offer me anything else.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but the base on the Anakin prototype shown at SDCC should not be the final version. In other words, He can come with some crazy base and a sith eyed head sculpt and become the DX that people are thinking about?

Or perhaps LFL will look at it and go "what the **** is this ****" and demand a proper Sebastian Shaw sculpt be placed on the figure instead. :monkey3

I don't think it's overdue. They've done a good amount of OT stuff by now and most of the people who grew up with the prequels are adults and can afford them now. They can only make so many figures and OT was obviously a priority to start with.

Anakin looked great, my favorite new figure followed by Ragnarok Hulk and Endor Leia. I know this figure has been 5 years in the making, but it doesn't look like a 5 year old figure. The sculpt of the hair is amazing.

I don't think it's overdue. They've done a good amount of OT stuff by now and most of the people who grew up with the prequels are adults and can afford them now. They can only make so many figures and OT was obviously a priority to start with.
Overdue as in new sculpts and the like. We were lucky to get Jango and the revamped Maul. Most of the PT figures are extremely dated now.

I don't think the PT was utterly horrible, but it wasn't anything to remember.

To me, everything about TPM was forgettable with the exception of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Maul. AotC to me was pretty much a snoozer with the exception of a few parts, and I like RotS because it depicts a crucial time and turning point in the galaxy. Cheesy lines, but still enjoyable and watchable in its entirety for me, while the other two aren't.

As I've mentioned before, the fact that I actually did enjoy RotS as a SW film helps me want this figure as opposed to getting it just so I can have Anakin Skywalker represented in my collection, but despised the film it comes from.

I agree with a lot of the points raised about the PT, and for me, editing is one of the biggest issues with it. If you compare the editing of the OT vs the PT, you don't have any, or at least nearly as many, of the odd cuts to dialogue that just feel unnatural.

An example of a scene that always gets to me in AOTC is the fireplace conversation between Anakin and Padme, we cut to it, there's like an awkward silence of just sitting around and then all of a sudden, Anakin just starts talking. It doesn't feel natural on any level, it doesn't feel like we cut over to look in on someone else and now we're coming back to these people in the middle of something, it feels faked for the sake of the film and that ruins it. Regardless of acting and dialogue delivery, I feel a lot of the cringe moments in the PT are because they don't feel natural, where the cuts between characters and locations in the OT feel more natural.

How much do you think this figure will cost and when might it go up for preorder? Thanks.

Say what you will about Hayden's acting and the prequel's writing. The dude is a cool looking jedi knight and an awesome sword fighter. I'd be happy to have him in my collection.

Kinda bummed Anakin didn't show up today in the 6-figure drop. This figured isn't really confirmed until he goes up for PO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

...It doesn't feel natural on any level... I feel a lot of the cringe moments in the PT are because they don't feel natural, where the cuts between characters and locations in the OT feel more natural.

The dark side of the franchise (PT) is a pathway to many flaws some consider to be unnatural...

How much do you think this figure will cost and when might it go up for preorder? Thanks.

I'm thinking more than Jedi Luke considering allot of people have been waiting for HT PT figures and especially him as Vader not Jedi Ani, so i'm gonna guess their gonna juice fans for $239.99. Extra Hands with gestures like Luke and possibly both light up saber arms. I have a feeling he'll probably be one of the first few up for preorder with the Royal Guard and DS trooper. Just my prediction.

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

The dark side of the franchise (PT) is a pathway to many flaws some consider to be unnatural...

As I read that in my head, the further down the sentence I got I started to hear the Emperor's voice saying the line. [emoji23]

But yeah, looking forward to the PO on this one.

Back