Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Anakin isn't really at the top of my Star Wars favourite characters list and there were a tonne of new batmen shown at SDCC which I thought would be far and away my favourite reveals, however there's just something so exciting about HT delving into the prequel figures, that's why Anakin is my favourite reveal from the con.

This. Hot Toys teased us with most of the figures that were completely revealed, but just when I went to the threads and saw Episode 3 Anakin, I freaked out. I'm happy they are starting to do prequel characters, even if it's one every two years. I would really like to see Kenobi, Qui Gon, and Dooku.

Of all the prequel Jedi, ROTS Anakin always had my favorite outfit and hair. This is likely gonna be a PO for me. They nailed that headsculpt and likeness. He looks great with the robes but I want to see the figure without them as that's the way I would primarily display him.

This. Hot Toys teased us with most of the figures that were completely revealed, but just when I went to the threads and saw Episode 3 Anakin, I freaked out. I'm happy they are starting to do prequel characters, even if it's one every two years. I would really like to see Kenobi, Qui Gon, and Dooku.
Yes man. Episode 1 obi is my Grail. I'd completely lose it if they did him. Along with maul and jinn. Then episode 2 anakin & obi wan and throw in a jango, mace, padme & dooku and it will just be so awesome. Along side the inevitable episode 3 obi wan.

The prequel jedi designs really are awesome and translate well to figures. After years of the the sideshow versions I'm just so excited to see what hot toys come up with.

b7942c5f9dde14cae8c71ef8695f8592.jpg

00b4fee0d733f24607f511c2416042c7.jpg

88ee2cbe1bdd53911682e98e1119c935.jpg

fd5a80bc880452e535f74fcb858e44b2.jpg

TFA was a shiety Episode (Rey and Finn was a joke)... yet you guys bashing the Prequels and that ballshjt "sand Anakin" ?

This is one of the only prequel figures I'd really like. You can't tell me he won't look totally boss with Rex II, ARC Echo and Fives and some 501st troopers.

Interesting that on the Hot Toys Facebook post, this has the most likes out of all the new Star Wars reveals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably because this figure appeals more to the Younger Star Wars fans out there that use social media all the time that's all.

The Force Awakens isn't perfect, but it captures the heart of Star Wars far, far better than the prequels did.

Revenge of the Sith is the better film in the PT, but they all felt like an empty shell meant to drive toy sales, instead of creativity and art.

Don't get me wrong, they are most certainly still doing that, but it's not a soulless money train. They actually do seem to care about making a cohesive and quality story within the universe, instead of a cluttered, forgettable mess.

I enjoyed the prequels at the time they released, but that faded very fast. I can still watch them, after all, it's still Star Wars, but it's very cringing.

However, saying The Force Awakens is **** is akin to saying the prequels are great. :lol

My bank balance is crying hard after SDCC. I need Anakin, I need Jedi Luke, I need EP, I need C3P0, I'm sure there's others I am forgetting and I already have Hoth Leia and R2 on Order, yikes!!!

I enjoyed TFA immensely and still do. For me nothing will compare to the hype leading up to the movie. That year was full of anticipation and nostalgia. Personally speaking, I rank it up there with the OT.

I enjoyed the prequels too, and like everyone says ROTS is definitely the best in my opinion. TPM had an awesome villain in Darth Maul but he was under-used being "killed" off in the movie. Would've liked to have seen him more in AOTC at least. I liked Jango Fett and the Slave I chase in AOTC.

But anyway, great looking figure here. One of the few PT figures on my list.

The prequels weren't as bad as people make them out to be! They were just different and lost some of that magic the OT had.
Phantom Menace doesn't deserve the hate it gets and Darth Maul was awesome! AOTC is just pure yawn!
Revenge of the Sith was great, my only criticism was that Anakin turned too quickly! He went from Jedi to Child Killer is 0.2 seconds.

On PT i mostly dislike CGI. I don't know if they overused it, maybe not despite what ppl are saying, but certainly it looks cheap as hell many times more than i'm able to forgive them. And i don't like SW stuff looking cheap and rushed.

FiveFamousJediContinueToFailToDetectTheSith-AotC.jpg
cool doors, built just for Yoda i suppose

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

On PT i mostly dislike CGI. I don't know if they overused it, maybe not despite what ppl are saying, but certainly it looks cheap as hell many times more than i'm able to forgive them. And i don't like SW stuff looking cheap and rushed.

View attachment 355493
cool doors, built just for Yoda i suppose

That's one of the things I hate most about it. Georgie seemed to have it in his head that his real legacy was pushing the boundaries of special effects along with merchandising. While this was true with OT, I think his primary goal with PT was to show the industry the "future" of filmmaking. They were constantly talking about the new digital frontier he was creating with PT. (Sort like now how they are all saying they wanna use real sets and locations). The effects in OT were ahead of there time because they needed to do it to propel the story, in PT the effects were like a crutch to the story, distracting most of the time and way over used.
George should have payed more attention to the true core of film, story and character....instead of trying to create an industry on CGI and a new feather in his cap....

ATOC was just pure merchandising ....... cram as many vehicles, monsters and sets as possible into a weak story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Lots of problems with the PT for sure. More so now as an adult rather than a kid and teenager when they came out. There were enjoyable elements for me, but just not on the level of the OT. Very different feel and overall style. I just enjoy what I can with them though.

I'm so excited for this figure! Beside Vader it is kinda like Murphy beside Robocop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back