Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Wonder Woman almost initially turned out to be a horrible script written by Joss Whedon where all it did sexualize her and had Steve Trevor demeaning her at every possible chance; glad that's not what it turned out to be. So I couldn't care less about Whedon's script now.

That's a different situation though. All we're saying is that Vader was changed to be Luke's father during ESB production, after ANH was made. Stuff like that is of interest to many Star Wars fans.

PO...? Any time soon?

vcz6dc.gif
That poor man. Ugly as sin, even as a child. :lol

I'd buy that Padmé as well if HT were to release her :monkey3

I'd rather have her Arena look! O.O

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Common knowledge about some obscure book that you aren't even sure existed. :lol

No common knowledge GL had no plans beyond what we saw in ANH.

The book cover I am thinking of was call Children of the Force of something....I am sure thats wrong.....but all I can remember is 2 kids a fire and some shadowy figure approuching......might have been after ANH.....

I was like 7 so it was a long time ago.....in this galaxy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No common knowledge GL had no plans beyond what we saw in ANH.

The book cover I am thinking of was call Children of the Force of something....I am sure thats wrong.....but all I can remember is 2 kids a fire and some shadowy figure approuching......might have been after ANH.....

I was like 7 so it was a long time ago.....in this galaxy.

I think you mean Splinter Of The Minds Eye?

Kids should stay away from post-PT wikipedia articles and all-girl acapella comedies for accurate Star Wars lore.

Read up on "The Journal of the Whills," George's first 40 page outline of the entire saga. Better yet track down a copy of "Star Wars the Annotated Screenplays" from 1997. That was the last publication where George spoke openly and honestly about the evolution of the OT. People worshipped him so much in the 70's, 80's, and early/mid 90's that it didn't bother him to admit the "making it up as I go" nature of the saga. But after the global vitriol that was caused by the SE's and PT he retreated and switched to a "but the SE's and PT were the original intention all along" stance in order to validate the finished narrative.

Darth Vader was NOT originally Luke's father. Luke himself wasn't even "Luke."

The original story had Annikin and Deak Starkiller, ages 16 and 10 respectively, stumbling across a landed Sith spacecraft on their homeworld. They investigate the ship but a Sith Warrior, "General Vader," emerges and kills Deak with a lightsaber (child slaughter actually is a vintage SW concept), causing Annikin to whip out his own lightsaber and duel Vader until his dad Kane shows up and *kills* the Dark Lord. Kane is mortally wounded and takes Annikin offworld to be trained by a 60 year old Luke Skywalker before he dies. Luke Skywalker was a "Dai Warrior," but Lucas didn't like that "Dai" sounded like "die" as in death or dying so he changed it to Jedi. Lots of SW names have overlapping connotations. The name Vader predates the finalized "hero being the son of the villain" plot point by many years and the Vader/Father correlation is a happy accident, nothing more.

0ee80ac443cea5869782c3f824a698ac.jpg

LOL
I've heard of his original journals but never read any of that stuff beyond what the characters were going to look like from McQuarrie. Like Luke and Leia being the same character as a woman Starkiller Hero then he split them into two people Luke Skywalker Leia. That's where I thought the idea of the twins came into being.

Mad respect for the process of getting from idea to concept to final product. Thanks for the info. Just having a bit of fun with it. These are called jokes.

Kids should stay away from post-PT wikipedia articles and all-girl acapella comedies for accurate Star Wars lore.

Read up on "The Journal of the Whills," George's first 40 page outline of the entire saga. Better yet track down a copy of "Star Wars the Annotated Screenplays" from 1997. That was the last publication where George spoke openly and honestly about the evolution of the OT. People worshipped him so much in the 70's, 80's, and early/mid 90's that it didn't bother him to admit the "making it up as I go" nature of the saga. But after the global vitriol that was caused by the SE's and PT he retreated and switched to a "but the SE's and PT were the original intention all along" stance in order to validate the finished narrative.

Darth Vader was NOT originally Luke's father. Luke himself wasn't even "Luke."

The original story had Annikin and Deak Starkiller, ages 16 and 10 respectively, stumbling across a landed Sith spacecraft on their homeworld. They investigate the ship but a Sith Warrior, "General Vader," emerges and kills Deak with a lightsaber (child slaughter actually is a vintage SW concept), causing Annikin to whip out his own lightsaber and duel Vader until his dad Kane shows up and *kills* the Dark Lord. Kane is mortally wounded and takes Annikin offworld to be trained by a 60 year old Luke Skywalker before he dies. Luke Skywalker was a "Dai Warrior," but Lucas didn't like that "Dai" sounded like "die" as in death or dying so he changed it to Jedi. Lots of SW names have overlapping connotations. The name Vader predates the finalized "hero being the son of the villain" plot point by many years and the Vader/Father correlation is a happy accident, nothing more.

I had always found George Lucas' claim that Star Wars was very closely related to Akira Kurasawa's Hidden Fortress perplexing. You look at the finished Star Wars and there is no trace of overlap. Even reading the Journal of the Whills treatment didn't give me a sense of this. It wasn't until Dark Horse visualised that original story in their brilliant 6 part comic series (called The Star Wars by JW Rinzle) that I finally saw the connection. It's a fascinating alternate take on what could have been and fans should check it out, although I'm not sure it's still in print now Disney took the license away and gave it to Marvel.

although I'm not sure it's still in print now Disney took the license away and gave it to Marvel.

Marvel has republished all the old Dark Horse stuff under the "Legends" banner.

And yes, The Star Wars is great, especially since the prequels gave them a visual reference for the artwork.

The Making Of books by Rinzler go into how Lucas got from A to Z with each movie. They are very interesting, loaded with photos, and should be read by anyone interested in the process he went through to make the OT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

when I first met him he was already a great pilot but I was amazed how strong he was with the force.

I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi.

I thought I could instruct as well as Yoda had instructed me.

I was wrong.

AWESOME looking figure, very glad to see PT in the HT lineup! I hope there is a second head with Sith eyes but I'd buy a pre-armor/burns Darth Vader from HT just like I did from SS. :lol I assume he will have a real leather gauntlet, really looking forward to the full specs.
20155698_10154708238902344_8340119983913361751_n.jpg
Amazing sculpt!
FB_IMG_1500541985191.jpg

The Making Of books by Rinzler go into how Lucas got from A to Z with each movie. They are very interesting, loaded with photos, and should be read by anyone interested in the process he went through to make the OT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Rinzler had started a blog called the Rise and Fall of Star Wars. He'd left Lucasfilm in December 2015 although he wrote the Making of TFA it never got published. The blog was supposed to go up till he left.

His blog had started from his early life and how he began working at Lucasfilm, it had got up to part 9 about ROTS and there were some not favourable views from cast and crew when suddenly it vanished from his site. You can't find a trace of it anywhere and he's said he stopped the blog.

Looks like Lucasfilm/Disney silenced him before he got any further and go onto the takeover and Lucas script for episode 7.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rinzler's blog was the most interesting/honest thing to come out about Star Wars since Disney took over. No surprise that they silenced him.

Interesting that on the Hot Toys Facebook post, this has the most likes out of all the new Star Wars reveals.

Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

bfa69989523d9fb6598f0fb5322c2b37.jpg

This must be it Khev.....I think this came out before ESB was known to the public, or at least to me. Back then most people had no idea a film was being made until a movie poster appeared and word of mouth for around.

I remember fondly walking up to our single screen theater and staring at the coming soon movie poster for ESB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to use this here's a $20 code a got with my RO TIE Pilot which expires today or actually tomorrow 12:59am PST. It's good for allot of the figures
SUMMR17YJEPUHEB

Interesting that on the Hot Toys Facebook post, this has the most likes out of all the new Star Wars reveals.

Anakin isn't really at the top of my Star Wars favourite characters list and there were a tonne of new batmen shown at SDCC which I thought would be far and away my favourite reveals, however there's just something so exciting about HT delving into the prequel figures, that's why Anakin is my favourite reveal from the con.

Back