Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

"He's got too much of his father in him"
"That's what I'm afraid of"

Check mate:wink1:

Meaning he is too head strong and will go off and risk his life for a foolhardy cause.....

And die pursuing it.

George did not have anything planned out for SW, he didn't even think it would be made. Maybe he had ideas....but I doubt he put those in "just in case"

He's not that smart....just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning he is too head strong and will go off and risk his life for a foolhardy cause.....

And die pursuing it.

George did not have anything planned out for SW, he didn't even think it would be made. Maybe he had ideas....but I doubt he put those in "just in case"

Wait, are you George Lucas? :D

You act like the truth isn't out there, just google it. There's probably more behind the scenes info for Star Wars than any other movie series. Next you'll be telling us Leia was always intended to be Luke's twin sister.

And die pursuing it.

That's the point of good foreshadowing. it can be interrupted many different ways... especially prior to whatever the reveal is. Otherwise foreshadowing would be a stupid device.

Well, at the end of the day, only one person truly knows what was planned and what wasn't. I just like to think George was this genius who was good at planning ahead. I mean, what was the point of putting Luke in the situation he was with his aunt and uncle and obi wan and not having his father present unless he had somewhat of an idea of what was to come. Just my opinion.

And die pursuing it.

Ahem
fc666b3affd310747e76c712bff06060.gif

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kids should stay away from post-PT wikipedia articles and all-girl acapella comedies for accurate Star Wars lore.

Read up on "The Journal of the Whills," George's first 40 page outline of the entire saga. Better yet track down a copy of "Star Wars the Annotated Screenplays" from 1997. That was the last publication where George spoke openly and honestly about the evolution of the OT. People worshipped him so much in the 70's, 80's, and early/mid 90's that it didn't bother him to admit the "making it up as I go" nature of the saga. But after the global vitriol that was caused by the SE's and PT he retreated and switched to a "but the SE's and PT were the original intention all along" stance in order to validate the finished narrative.

Darth Vader was NOT originally Luke's father. Luke himself wasn't even "Luke."

The original story had Annikin and Deak Starkiller, ages 16 and 10 respectively, stumbling across a landed Sith spacecraft on their homeworld. They investigate the ship but a Sith Warrior, "General Vader," emerges and kills Deak with a lightsaber (child slaughter actually is a vintage SW concept), causing Annikin to whip out his own lightsaber and duel Vader until his dad Kane shows up and *kills* the Dark Lord. Kane is mortally wounded and takes Annikin offworld to be trained by a 60 year old Luke Skywalker before he dies. Luke Skywalker was a "Dai Warrior," but Lucas didn't like that "Dai" sounded like "die" as in death or dying so he changed it to Jedi. Lots of SW names have overlapping connotations. The name Vader predates the finalized "hero being the son of the villain" plot point by many years and the Vader/Father correlation is a happy accident, nothing more.

Dammage Kev. Destroying my SW world view in one fell swoop. CURSE YOU!!!! :cuss

So many "accidents" and "luck"

It's almost like it was planned:wink1:

Dammage Kev. Destroying my SW world view in one fell swoop. CURSE YOU!!!! :cuss

:lol

I've always found the background to the saga's finished evolution to be close to or as fascinating as the saga itself. I don't fault ESB for one second for changing the characters' backstories, who could when it was done so brilliantly.

Thank you Khev.

I thought this was common knowledge to fans.

I seem to remember a concept art of this as well?
Like a book cover never used? Like before the Macquarie stuff?

Thank you Khev.

I seem to remember a concept art of this as well?
Like a book cover never used? Like before the Macquarie stuff?

Common knowledge about some obscure book that you aren't even sure existed. :lol

All that is fine and dandy, but kind of irrelevant. Yeah, SW was originally completely different. But I'm talking about once the cameras started rolling, no one will ever know what was in George's head.

So many "accidents" and "luck"

It's almost like it was planned:wink1:

I'm getting a bit embarrassed for you now. You can't just ignore facts because you wish something to be true, that's flat earther logic. I mean we're all glad it got retconned but Vader wasn't originally Luke's father, no further discussion required, go find the early drafts for ESB if you want some cool 'what could have been' info.

Thank you Khev.

I don't fault people who are too young to have been able to actually watch George change his stories about the Saga. Especially in an online culture with many of those original publications being long out of print.

I'm getting a bit embarrassed for you now. You can't just ignore facts because you wish something to be true, that's flat earther logic. I mean we're all glad it got retconned but Vader wasn't originally Luke's father, no further discussion required, go find the early drafts for ESB if you want some cool 'what could have been' info.

No need to be embarrassed, I'm not. Just having some friendly discussion:wave

To me it doesn't really matter. To me what's "common knowledge" is that Darth Vader is Luke's father. What was intended or not intended, frankly, I couldn't care less because that's now how it turned out to be. No further discussion required. :lol

Wonder Woman almost initially turned out to be a horrible script written by Joss Whedon where all it did sexualize her and had Steve Trevor demeaning her at every possible chance; glad that's not what it turned out to be. So I couldn't care less about Whedon's script now.

Back