Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to order this one from BBTS, last week. Not too bothered by not getting the dark side version. I think I prefer the regular one anyway, although I wouldn’t be surprised if a recast head with the Sith eyes ends up on eBay at some point, anyway. So is the consensus then that the robe needs to be soaked in cold water before using it on the figure, to prevent staining?

Decided to order this one from BBTS, last week. Not too bothered by not getting the dark side version. I think I prefer the regular one anyway, although I wouldn’t be surprised if a recast head with the Sith eyes ends up on eBay at some point, anyway. So is the consensus then that the robe needs to be soaked in cold water before using it on the figure, to prevent staining?

I used lukewarm water and one drop of dye free detergent in a bowl. Agitated with hand for about 10 min, rinse in cold water a few times and I was good to go. I'm not sure water all by itself gets out too much dye. With the detergent you can see how dark brown/purple the water gets from removed dye.

Robe was fine afterwards and you could not tell a difference in looks at all.

I used lukewarm water and one drop of dye free detergent in a bowl. Agitated with hand for about 10 min, rinse in cold water a few times and I was good to go. I'm not sure water all by itself gets out too much dye. With the detergent you can see how dark brown/purple the water gets from removed dye.

Robe was fine afterwards and you could not tell a difference in looks at all.

That makes sense. Thank you for the tips. Is there a certain brand of dye free detergent that you recommend?

That makes sense. Thank you for the tips. Is there a certain brand of dye free detergent that you recommend?

Can't say mine is expert testimony, lol...but I used dye free All, and all it took was a small drop (a teaspoon maybe?) in the bowl of water. I've used it on an Anakin robe and on my new ROTJ Luke robe, and both came out looking exactly like they did pre-soaking/washing.

First I wet the robe under cold water. Then swish it around in the bowl with detergent for about 10 min. After that, I dump the bowl out, fill it with cool water, and rinse it by swishing it around. Repeat that maybe two more times and by then, for me, water was clear. I let it air dry, and good to go!

I ordered it from SSC with payment plan. I am excited. I hope 4 months passes quickly.

How long have you been collecting for? I like hearing from more experienced collectors who are used to dealing with the shenanigans of these companies. I'm still a newbie myself.

I’ve been collecting 12” figures like GI Joe and smaller 6” figures for as long as I can remember. I made the transition though to collecting in 1/6 scale from films about 5 years ago.

I used a bowl and cold water. I put a teaspoon of woolite color guard detergent I use for my son's black gi. I hand washed it and also gently pulled on it to stretch the robe so it fit better an more accurate. Careful not to pull to hard though. I did this 7 more times and the filled a bowl with ice water a bit of distilled vinegar and a small spoon of salt. This sets and locks the dye.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This thread and the ROTJ Luke thread have been the most active of the SW figure forums in the last week :lol

I used a bowl and cold water. I put a teaspoon of woolite color guard detergent I use for my son's black gi. I hand washed it and also gently pulled on it to stretch the robe so it fit better an more accurate. Careful not to pull to hard though. I did this 7 more times and the filled a bowl with ice water a bit of distilled vinegar and a small spoon of salt. This sets and locks the dye.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks to you as well, for the tips. This gives me a couple of options to think about when my figure arrives. They seem to be sending him at a ver leisurely pace, so I’m not really expecting it to arrive until next week, but I definitely plan to try one of these methods on the robe, before putting it on the figure.

Just got Anakin from Popcultcha, can’t wait to get him, these pics have made the wait agonising.

Yeah, I know the feeling. According to FedEx tracking, mine was originally supposed to be here on Saturday, but they’ve since revised it to Monday. And it’s actually already not that far from where I’m at, so it’s a little confusing to me where it’s going to be hanging out for the next several days. Today, I understand, because it’s a holiday, but several days after that, I’m not sure.

That was an outstanding review BrooklynWolf X!! Love the dynamic camera work and the poses too! Great stuff! Subscribed, and definitely looking forward to more of your reviews!

Jesus the posing w/ all the clones in that video. Amazing.

Made the 800 mile move back to Indiana and this figure was waiting for me.

"Right behind you, General Skywalker"
"Wait, Wolffe, where is Rex?"
"Uh, he is out of our budget, sir."
6riHRau.png

No 501st troopers for me, but luckily I have these guys. Cant wait for Obi Wan to come out.

Back