Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks Fantastic! Great work, T-Squared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once I have him assembled again, I'll post more photos so you can all see the work T-squared put into this. I'm still blown away at how it came out.

View attachment 416288

Got my Anakin Dark Side custom from Thomas Terbanc. I'm in love, this came out phenomenal

That looks really good.

Not sure what the hold-up on Anakin is. I already got the 2 week notice for Rey and I preordered her a month after I preordered Anakin. The funk????

Yeah, they received that first (apparently small) shipment about this time last month. I received an email asking if I wanted to pay the remaining balance and get it then, but I let it run its course.

Not sure why it’s taking so long to get in their normal stock.

That looks really good.

Yeah, they received that first (apparently small) shipment about this time last month. I received an email asking if I wanted to pay the remaining balance and get it then, but I let it run its course.

Not sure why it’s taking so long to get in their normal stock.

Mine shipped out yesterday.

Not sure why it’s taking so long to get in their normal stock.[/QUOTE]

No clue. The wait is agonizing but it'll be worth it. I'm sure we'll get him soon.

He's worth the wait- a truly exceptional release.

HT-ROTS-ANAKIN-026.jpg

HT-ROTS-ANAKIN-024.jpg

HT-ROTS-ANAKIN-025.jpg

I'm sure (judging for the great shots and videos hitting) that I'll feel the same about the ROTJ Luke...I understand the agony of the wait :)
The other one we ALL have the long wait ahead of us for is the ROTJ Kenobi - here's hoping that one has a good proto-to-production run...

Last edited:
Here is my current set up. Anakin and Sith Lord with repainted eyes accompanied by a 501st soldier.

Fyi for anyone who's interested I had the eyes redone and area around the eyes darkened by Frost Vision studios. $22 including shipping!
They do great work, you can find them on here and on facebook.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 36350022_1725757140794785_4454457998844100608_n.jpg
    36350022_1725757140794785_4454457998844100608_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 223
Indeed! (@jedibear)

Anakin got here surprisingly fast, and I've just finished unboxing and futzing around.
First thing I've noticed is how poorly he photographs... he truly looks amazing in hand. The skinny legs are really just a matter of futzing the pants a bit. Another thing that struck me is just how malevolent he looks. IMHO, this isn't really Anakin, this is Vader. There is not a single bit of the youthful idealism or teenage angst of Anakin in the expression they sculpted: it's all angry, menacing, Darth Vader.
Talking about the HS, while great, I'm still not sold on the likeness. The features are way too hard and angular, Christensen had much softer, rounder, features. So, while the sculpt captures the essence of Anakin turned into Vader, it doesn't really capture Christensen's features.
The tailoring and materials are fantastic, with two minor nitpicks: I think the leather tabbards are a bit too wide, and the shape of the hood on the robe is wrong. The length, or lack of it, doesn't really bother me.
The base is a disappointment, very uninspired. I'm sure there could've been many interesting options without having to recur to Mustafar lava.
One final thought: I really have to compliment Sideshow's functional pouches. HT's solid plastic is the kind of stuff companies were doing back in the 90's... But we all know HT goes for the overall effect, and in this case it works amazingly well, the figure really looks stellar.
With brings me to another thought: Lucas sure had a great eye for design.

Almost every in hand photo I’ve seen of him has looked pretty awesome, so I’m not sure I can agree that he photographs poorly.

Regarding the likeness, based on the photos I’ve seen, I think it’s pretty good. I’d personally put it about on par with ANH Leia. Though I do concede it depends on what photo you look at in particular. I personally think it’s a near match to this particular photo, sans the expression:

latest

If anything, I would say the face of the sculpt is perhaps slightly too elongated, and not quite round enough. Slightly.

I do concur though that the expression is more of a “this is the end for you, my master,” rather than Anakin Skywalker.

I think most photos emphasize the harsh and angular features of the sculpt, and the lack of futzing make the legs look skinny. Also, to my eyes at least, the tabbards looked exaggeratedly wide in pics.
But hey, it's no biggie! :hi5:

About the likeness, yeah well, I do think it's slightly off... the chin seems to be too pointy, the lips seem to be the wrong shape... but you're right, it's probably down to the sculpt being a bit too elongated.
Anyway, as I said, it's a brilliant figure, and by far the best Anakin out there, including any and all custom figures, IMHO.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Sideshow opened up SDCC version for anyone to order today. Figured I might as well PO since I waited to long on reg Anakin and have Obi Wan coming eventually.

Sideshow opened up SDCC version for anyone to order today. Figured I might as well PO since I waited to long on reg Anakin and have Obi Wan coming eventually.

Thanks Oddacon. Alot of poeople will be happen me personally I like the regular o e better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got to say as I just got my regular anakin and I love him seeing this dark side go up for regular pre order does peuiqe my interest but I think its more of a its exclusive than.a sith eyes want. I have issues lol

I got to say as I just got my regular anakin and I love him seeing this dark side go up for regular pre order does peuiqe my interest but I think its more of a its exclusive than.a sith eyes want. I have issues lol

Same here haha. I think I actually like the regular better but I can’t resist the allure of a exclusive.

Besides, like I said, I need him to pair with Obi Wan anyway. These will probably be the only Star Wars Hot toy figures I get.

Unless they start coming out with clones...[emoji28]

With boba being released early, anakin in my hands now, spiderman just got here last week, now I hear emp and guards are getting released early to??? Wtf.... oh jedi Luke getting shipped soon and samus 1/4 statue on payments I have to pick a chose and also streamline sell stuff. I'll grab an extra head if i can and get it painted. The regular suits me better and I'll have a custom young bald vader in my ss deluxe to show off the sith side with rogue one vader masked
Horey sheet th pi s hobby is dangerous. How am I still married..

Back