Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Plus no Luke collection can be complete without this!
ce1459e990341b1b2314ab327bf7cb13.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I’m already planning my collection to center around that all important pivotal 1/6 baby Luke. It will be “the” defining centerpiece of my collection. If only Molecule 8 had thought of starting their 1/6 revolution with a Baby Luke. Hot Toys once again shows them the level they will never reach.

I have no interest in Sith eyes version.I am planning to order it through SSC. But SDCC is close, so I wonder if SSC has a habit of making promotions (sale/free shipping) during SDCC?

I have no interest in Sith eyes version.I am planning to order it through SSC. But SDCC is close, so I wonder if SSC has a habit of making promotions (sale/free shipping) during SDCC?
This is Sideshow's new mission statement...
249846c13dcab6b2f0d4eef7c9e12c20.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

At Orlando’s SW Celebration SSC did not sell anything. Booth was not stocked at all. They had their displays and life size figures. So I may be wrong but I imagine that it’ll be the same except for the “promotional” Anakin that’s for preorder pickups only. Pretty lame.

Even if they do some promotion, it will be at the con and not on their website?

At Orlando’s SW Celebration SSC did not sell anything. Booth was not stocked at all. They had their displays and life size figures. So I may be wrong but I imagine that it’ll be the same except for the “promotional” Anakin that’s for preorder pickups only. Pretty lame.

I understand wanting to keep thinks rare and exclusive, however I can never wrap my head around a business turning away some cold hard cash. Neither HotToys or Sideshow will make money off of the second hand market of this figure. Making it a limited pickup with a small run while knowing it’s in high demand is a foolish business practice.

I understand wanting to keep thinks rare and exclusive, however I can never wrap my head around a business turning away some cold hard cash. Neither HotToys or Sideshow will make money off of the second hand market of this figure. Making it a limited pickup with a small run while knowing it’s in high demand is a foolish business practice.

It seems pretty illogical doesn't it? Missing out on such massive profits. If they had just made a Deluxe version with both heads from the beginning it would've sold out five times over at least.

I think they didn't expect such a demand for Anakin in the first place, let alone the Sith eyes version. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Also explains why the initial batches were so small...

I do think just including the Sith eyes sculpt with this figure and charging maybe $250-$255 as opposed to creating a limited run of pretty much exactly the same figure at an astronomical price, probably would have ultimately garnered them more money.

Out of all the over produced stuff that’s coming out, you’re gonna complain when they make 1 figure highly collectible ?

It’s called collecting for a reason. What makes collecting fun is you can’t have them all. Unless your damn rich. Lol.

I wouldn’t worry. In less than five years time, someone will make a better version and eyes will light up and he’ll be voice activated or some crap!

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. I’m almost at a point in my collecting where I’m merely waiting for 2.0 versions.

How long have you been collecting for? I like hearing from more experienced collectors who are used to dealing with the shenanigans of these companies. I'm still a newbie myself.

Back