Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asking with full sincerity and no sarcasm at all...as I'm new to collecting 1/6, why does SSC get so much flack? I have only ordered twice from them (Anakin Ep 3, and two ROTJ Luke's) and it's been painless. The payment plans worked perfectly and I actually got all my figures as soon as they we're US released. No need to detail this into a SSC bashing thread, just curious why there is so much unhappiness with them?

Yeah without turning it into a bash SSC thread...

Figures that have big QC issues that get ignored SSC Jason looking at you....their answer, return it if you dont like it...

Way over priced shipping , to the point of gouging.

Stifling competition by being the only outlet allowed to distribute asian commodities.

Just a few problems. And comparing that to the stellar service at Timewalker , who always uses care on shipping, gave customers an out recently when a production piece turned out bad (no NRD) aand gave a HUGE coupon back to those who preordered the BW Ghostbuster 4pk, even though they had the lowest price???

Why go SSC at all? Reward points? They barely cover shipping for most purchases...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

734e45a58e6d5811adae4de2eed79883.jpg

Finished a job and then picked good old Luke up from the UPS store before I head to the next job.

Picks tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blur your name and addy on that pic bro! Bad dude always watching for that!

My biggest complaint is not enough gloved hands. Not sure why they couldn't have added a couple more. At least a lightsaber holding hand so you wouldn't always have to use the light up arm. Kinda worried about changing the arm out reading the problems others have had.

Now all the people who for whatever reason end up missing out on this figure, know where to go.

Who will get there first?

usain-bolt-running-track-gif.gif

Self DOXing ftw.

Glad none of us are stalkers.

Far as the belt goes some have had gouges/chips in the belt that i recall. And maybe attachment issues?

You can almost bet that endor luke will have the reverse if this one with most of his hands being gloved.

And i am stuck waiting till august also from codsworth collectables.

That probably is true and I probably will end up with the Endor Luke too as long as it gets made. I still think at least one more gloved hand for the saber would have been nice.

Anyways I like many others am considering a second of these. So many good looks to take advantage of. I got my first mostly for no charge with rewards points so I wouldn't feel as bad about a straight double dip.

Seems logical to wait for the Endor version to double-dip. New sculpt, new gear, new hands, and perhaps a surprise or two. Like an additional head sculpt.

HT has to make it very tempting after all.

FYI, if you own the Disney Store 1/6 Krennic figure, his gloved right hand works great on Luke. It grips the lightsaber well, too. I did have to glue the wrist portion of the glove to the hand portion since they are separate pieces but it is a perfect fit now.

20180629_000616.jpg

Seems logical to wait for the Endor version to double-dip. New sculpt, new gear, new hands, and perhaps a surprise or two. Like an additional head sculpt.

HT has to make it very tempting after all.

:exactly:

Even if you don't want the Endor look, it seems more prudent to wait for the Endor version to pick up a second RotJ Luke. This figure in my opinion seems best equipped for a first half RotJ display with either the cloak or tunic, being that it basically has all non gloved hands. The Endor version will likely feature an Endor/DS II outfit option, and like you said, new sculpt, all gloved right hands, and a new outfit option.

My pic, while not locking sabers, but both posed on stands. Both Luke and Vader on their respective stands. The Vader is an older SS Deluxe version.

My pic, while not locking sabers, but both posed on stands. Both Luke and Vader on their respective stands. The Vader is an older SS Deluxe version.

Ah thanks for this....

This is exactly what I will have. Scale looks pretty good.

Ah thanks for this....

This is exactly what I will have. Scale looks pretty good.
If I remember that Vader is a tad oversized.
main-qimg-e85c67e5eb59f19bebfac5af17f5846e-c

Back